The online racing simulator
Viper Racing!

Seriously, it wasn't bad for the time, what was it, like 1999? Only problem about it is that the cars could be infinitely broken, and after a couple of crashes the whole thing kind of looked like something you'd expect to come out of Wall-E. I don't even think parts came out, they just got pushed in. Gee, I wonder what 2009 game that reminds me off. There's a message, there!
hmmm

the tooca/forza series always seemed to be halfways realistic
I think i'd say GTA IV too
Carmageddon 2?
Damage on carma is fairly accurate considering how old it is, although sometimes it can go way OTT! Graphics, again, a bit rough, but i don't think AA AF had been invented then.
Quote from boosterfire :Viper Racing!

Seriously, it wasn't bad for the time, what was it, like 1999? Only problem about it is that the cars could be infinitely broken, and after a couple of crashes the whole thing kind of looked like something you'd expect to come out of Wall-E. I don't even think parts came out, they just got pushed in. Gee, I wonder what 2009 game that reminds me off. There's a message, there!

I used to hold down "W" for hours just giggling at my screen
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I used to hold down "W" for hours just giggling at my screen

same here i just had the demo , but i loved it
Pretty impressed with Burnout Paradise's damage modelling.
I like Grid's too, but it seems like the parts come off a little too easily.
In terms of realistic behaviour (as far as I know), RBR would be my choice.
Viper Racing for pure entertainment value (triangular prism cars FTW).
#36 - Byku
Rigs of rods with some models?
#37 - XmaX
CMR: Dirt on PC, but only with the rallys cars (not buggys) and in Special States. When you watch replay in slowmotion can see how the metal bend ^^

Max
I remember a game a few years ago called Flatout, which had very realistic damage. In sim terms, I was always impressed by the damage in N2003, many years ago. I used to spin intentionally in the middle of the pack just to watch the carnage in the replay. Great game!
There is TWO winners:
One is Race Driver GriD , the damage really is awesome!
Second one is Grand Theft Auto 4 ! I mean, its so crazy you can literally make pancakes out of cars, turn these into heap of metal, awesomeness!
That's probably just the resolution and colour adjustments I made on the video. That was on my old PC, and to record it with fraps I had to turn down the graphics quite a bit.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :In terms of looks you can't really beat GRID or DIRT, but it's hard to damage your car that badly on those games. RBR is much better, it's so easy to destroy your car. Plus it gives me an excuse to post my video again...

http://www.livevideo.com/video ... 1/rbr-over-the-limit.aspx

Maybe rbr has not the best optical damage model, but as said the best tehnical, and the flips and crahses look damn realistic.
Quote from Stefani24 :Maybe rbr has not the best optical damage model, but as said the best tehnical, and the flips and crahses look damn realistic.

Mechanical damage FTW! In RBR you can bend any axle and feel it through FFB, damage clutch so it slips, rip off the door to hear un-muffled engine sound, crack the windshield, damage the radiator so steam come out... Plus the co-driver actually sounds badly hurt when you hit a tree.

NFS Prostreet's visual damage wasn't so bad, either. Although it feels like done in stages, the end result looks very convicing up close.
i vote RBR its an acomplishment to finish a rally pushing it to the limits without any failures/serious dmg

their was another game but i cant rember what its called but it was quite realistic
game with best damage model??? for sure grand turismo5 :P kidding

for the games that i have it would be grid, motorstorm pacific rift, or GTA4...

but i will be downloading rbr...sounds nice.

EDIT:...crap...i got screwed...3000$ for a laptop and it barely runs RBR...nice damage model though...I like I like
GRID?

Seriusly, I cannot think of anything else
RBR is good in terms of affecting your driving. Grid and Burnout Paradise look great.
I really liked Colin Mcrae 2.0 for damage back in the day too.
id say rbr. it simply doesnt know any mercy, crash and most likely theres no coming back
the visual aint so great, but you can feal how much it affects your car when something is broken

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG