The online racing simulator
Lfs
#52 - Byku
Carmageddon!
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Enthusia: Professional Racing?

Maybe not realistic graphical damage, but it is realistic in so many other ways, many of those going into what would damage a car.

Anyone with me on this one?
Grand Prix Legends had the cars coming apart, or at least the wheels and tires flying off the cars. Quite a few GPL demolition videos have been made.
Quote from webmaster :Why hasn't anyone mentioned Enthusia: Professional Racing?

Maybe not realistic graphical damage, but it is realistic in so many other ways, many of those going into what would damage a car.

Anyone with me on this one?

I don't remember damage in enthusia, is my mind playing tricks on me, or did i miss something?
GT1 - GT5:Prologue have the best damage models of all time!
Damage of NPC's in Test Drive Unlimited is pretty good, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage has awesome damage too.

GRiD has good visual damage but crappy internal (is this right word?) damage.
Quote from Crashgate3 :For aesthetics, GRiD. I've only played the demo, but it's the only game I've ever played where if you hit a wall at even 60-70mph it caves in the whole front end of the car, right up to the bulkhead.

You can do this in LFS as well. I've spent a few times pushing the XFG into walls until the end result looks more like an abstract sculpture than a car. That's one thing I really love about the LFS damage system, and while the results sometimes seem to push realistic boundaries, not many games can actually do this. Of course we stills need breakable parts, a more complete audio system for different scrapes and crashes, and a few visual flourishes like scraping paint etc, but it's still a damn good system.
Quote from EmilO :Viper Racing, anyone?

Haaaa... that was my first racing game on PC!

Spent ages playing that at the time, great fun...

Back in the days of AMD K6 233 Mhz, 32 Mb ram and S3 Savage4 graphics ... lmao ...

Oh how things have changed since then...
Another vote for RBR, while it occasionally looks little bit canned, it still feels right and contributes to overall immersion.

Quote from Shadowww :Damage of NPC's in Test Drive Unlimited is pretty good

Uhm, there's no damage in TDU, visual or mechanical.
Quote from Crommi :Another vote for RBR, while it occasionally looks little bit canned, it still feels right and contributes to overall immersion.

Uhm, there's no damage in TDU, visual or mechanical.

NPC's have damage. (as in, non-licensed cars things)
Quote from Crommi : Uhm, there's no damage in TDU, visual or mechanical.

NPC = not playable character = bot, or, as some games call them, AI.
Yeah the AI traffic flipped and bounced pretty realistically in TDU, but not a whole lot of deformation from what I remember. Bumpers and truck cargo coming off was cool, and lots of sparks.

Burnout easily has the best deforming and crashes, though much of the physics are canned. And the riders on the bikes disappear if you crash! Sucky. I want flailing ragdoll, lol.

Grid's and Dirt 2's damage is really good, but the rollovers are weird.

Probably best all around is Flatout. The demo for the latest one on the Xbox was awesome... just the sheer amount of stuff flying around is sweet. And no canned physics, but still natural looking flipping and rollovers.
gta london
cmon burnout paradise... no other game turns a beautifull car in a complete wreck in one second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rT_x09Bii8

just check out 1:08.... how much better can a crash look in a video game?!

btw.... minor damage, flatout 1... damn the smallest thinks make a realistic dent

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG