The online racing simulator
Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
Quote from Kalev EST :Didn´t Ferdinand Porsche design the Beetle on Hitler´s orders? I doubt Hitler was much of an engineer to do it himself.

proshe designed it but hitler didnt think it was practical, so he made hsi own version, after the way, the 1950's design where porshe...

i know too much, Fact.
and "kraft durch Freude" (strength through enjoyment) was not a car... it was the nazi's very own travel agency. They wanted the "porper german" to have fun, so they organized everything from swimming courses, party evenings... up to proper cruises on big ships. The nazis intended that someone who is happy works better (for them). However the beetle was first called "kdf-Wagen", it should be very cheap and mobilise people, so they would be happier and work more. In fact the beetle should be germany's Tin Lizzy. Cheap, simple, reliable.
Designwise there's some rumour. Some eastern european guy could be the inventor of the overall beetly shape, a designer at mercedes claimed responsible for it... basically if we lived back in the days and would have been asked to sketch a simple car, everyone would draw the beetle without having seen it before: fwd - expensive. transaxle - expensive. get the engine to the back as much as possible to create more space, boot in the front, 4 seats and a cheap hull. here you go, the 356...erm...beetle

another fact: about 99% of the random facts on the interweb are hoax!

greetz

der butz
If a Brazillian Wandering Spider bit a man and the spider actually injected poison into the man and the man didn't have the treatment with him (which is easily obtainible), he would die with an erection . thats lol! I bet the poison somehow stimulates the hormones . Also, every 100 Ferrari frames that are being made in the Ferrari factory, 1 frame will have a defect, or a bad spot in it.
I heard this earlier at school, not too sure about it but meh
  • Male bees explode after ejaculating.
A whole new take on "Explosive sex"!
Quote from TagForce :Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

And my answer:
Cgdirbmae Utisreviny is a cletelpmoy and ulretty sewercd ioitutitsnn if tehy allautcy bveilee tihs bcnuh of bihsllut. The poitison of the lrettes need to be in the vtiniciy of tiehr oanigirl poitison, osiwrehte rnidaeg bemoces asomlt ilbissopmy dluciffit.

Not really, I managed to read that as if it was properly spelt.
I read the first paragraph ok, the 2nd one took a bit more effort tho!
Quote from xaid0n :not really, i managed to read that as if it was properly spelt.

+1
Fine...

Read this (same rules apply, letters jumbled, first and last letter the same):

A dootcr has aimttded the magltheuansr of a tageene ceacnr pintaet who deid aetfr a hatospil durg blendur
Quote from J@tko :I heard this earlier at school, not too sure about it but meh
  • Male bees explode after ejaculating.

I would love to see that!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A whole new take on "Explosive sex"!

HAHAHA!!! lol! your like the LFS Forum comedian to me. That's funny!
^

In Illinois (I think), you can get charged for felony for eavesdropping on your own conversation.
Quote from TagForce :Fine...

Read this (same rules apply, letters jumbled, first and last letter the same):

A dootcr has aimttded the magltheuansr of a tageene ceacnr pintaet who deid aetfr a hatospil durg blendur

"A doctor has admitted the of a teenage cancer patient who died after a hospital drug" is all that I got. Laugh at me if I didn't get those two words.
How long did it take you to get what you got?
The two missing words are 'manslaughter' and 'blunder' by the way.
In 1972 a skydiver had both parachutes fail and fell 3000ft, smashing into the ground face first, he walked away with minor injuries.
LIESSSSS. No way!
Quote from 5haz :In 1972 a skydiver had both parachutes fail and fell 3000ft, smashing into the ground face first, he walked away with minor injuries.

Well something must have stopped his fall...Either snow, trees, or a skirt?
Quote from 5haz :In 1972 a skydiver had both parachutes fail and fell 3000ft, smashing into the ground face first, he walked away with minor injuries.

was his face lodged up is bum at the time ??

is he any better looking as a result of the crash as it would work wonders on many people i know

There was also a railway worker who had a wooden pole go straight through his head, and suffered no serious injuries whatsoever.
PICS or it DIDN'T HAPPEN on that one.
Wow... pretty cool!
I was watching some urban legends program (really crap program btw) and they had someone who was runover by a steamroller and survived.
#273 - AMB
I'm weirder than you may think?
Attached images
df.jpg
Sorry what are we looking at?

Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG