The online racing simulator
Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
  • The longest word in Finnish is epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän
  • The longest word with the most sequential vowels is hääyöaieuutinen
  • That second fact is not true. It isn't one word, but 4. It's a compuond noun
Quote from hyntty :
  • The longest word in Finnish is epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän

I swear you've just slammed your hand on the keyboard and seen what has come out
#28 - CSU1
    • .999%(1) of Finn's with a stammer will starve
    Google it,

edited op above...
    Woo, this thead has become another lame off the rails thread, as so often seen around the off topic section

Btw Hyntty, translation please sir?
    Quote from S14 DRIFT :The sentence one has totaly perplexed me, the birthday one is mathmatically (at least) total BS since there are 365 days in the year, with a 1/365 chance any ones persons birthday is on any one of those days.

Go to here http://jeff.aaron.ca/cgi-bin/birthday

And put 57 in, instead of 30
    Quote from J@tko :I swear you've just slammed your hand on the keyboard and seen what has come out

I told him the same on MSN

well... ok... one of the most strange german words is

"Flussschifffahrt" river boating (it is spelled right... new spelling since 2006... we've a very nice goverment... changing the spelling of words in periods of 10 years...)
    Quote from J@tko :I swear you've just slammed your hand on the keyboard and seen what has come out

My guess would be a lot of sticky crumbs.
    • If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
    • If you keep a middle class white soul singer in America, she will eventually turn black.
    Quote from S14 DRIFT :
    Btw Hyntty, translation please sir?

Epäjärjestelmä ~ epäjärjestys =disorder

The rest are just postfixes (as opposed to for example English which has prepositions to indicate the relations or words, Finnish has postfixes). The word itself is quite hard to translate, or even to use. To describe it, a free translation would be somewhat "wonder if with? his with with that disorderly manner of his"
    Quote from TFalke55 :

"Flussschifffahrt" river boating (it is spelled right... new spelling since 2006... we've a very nice goverment... changing the spelling of words in periods of 10 years...)

I thought you had ß for this purpose... To be able to spell three esses in a row
    no... ß isn't in use for these situations... it is only in use if the S "is" behind "au" "ai" "ei" "ie" and in the same moment if it is spoken hard (like in snake)

in elemetary school I've learnt it as Flußschiffahrt...
    • Albert Einstein was born on the 14th March 1879 and died on 18 April 1955. He was 299 years old when he died, and cited the theory of relativity as his secret to a long life.
    • I would eat Sarah Pallin
    • Chairman Mao was responsible for around 30 million deaths, dwarfing the notorious death toll of Pol Pot with a measly 1.7 million. Hitler killed around 4-6 million Jews, roughly 3 million Russian prisoners of war, about half a million Gypsies, quarter of a million gays and a roughly similar number of handicapped, in addition to the 42 million soldiers and civilians killed directly by the fighting in WW2.
    • Facebook was originally called thefacebook.com, purchasing their domain name costs $200,000. Their old domain still works.
    • The largest wave theoretically possible is 120ft from crest to whatever the bottom bit is called, any higher and the wave cannot sustain itself and collapses. These big waves are common in Atlantic storms but have a low frequency making them a lot less daunting than they actually sound.
    • The shape of a boats hull will determine it's top speed, not the engine.
    • Dont wet yourself if you swim in the Amazon, they got a little fish (called a Candiru) attracted to the smell which swims inside your most delicate orifice (male or female) and lodges itself in. It then dies, but is hard to remove and you may need castration.
    • Over 18 million people live in Florida, this is an increase over over 2 million since the turn of the millenium. Wisdom has it that if you leave Americans out in the heat they breed.
    • The ice caps are not melting, only one of them is, the other is growing faster than the first is meltin. The poles have no official timezone*
    • There's another fish in the amazon that never goes in the water. I'm not sure how they reckon it's a fish then, but apparently its blind, bright red, and breathes through its skin.
    • The weight of blood in a mammal is 8 times greater than that of the heart, with 1 exception - humans have 20 times more weight in blood than our hearts.
    • Until their acquisition by Ford a few years back, in their entire history Aston Martin had never turned a yearly profit.
    • There where two presidents of the US called Harrison, they where related, but the only good one was Harrison Ford.
    • The highest ranking American killed in World War 2 was Lt. Gen. Lesley McNair, he was killed by the US Army Air Corps.
    • In world war 2 one of the most sucessful amphibious landings was the little known battle of Kiska. After a massive naval bombardment, a 35,000 strong combined force of US and Canadian soldiers took and secured the island with only 21 losses.
    • There where no enemy forces on Kiska in WW2.
    *I'm not 100%, but I cant find one
    Lol @ the 2 last ones. :P
    Quote from Becky Rose :
    • Albert Einstein was born on the 14th March 1879 and died on 18 April 1955. He was 299 years old when he died, and cited the theory of relativity as his secret to a long life.

Lul@geek jokes
    Quote from Becky Rose :
    • The highest ranking American killed in World War 2 was Lt. Gen. Lesley McNair, he was killed by the US Army Air Corps.
    • In world war 2 one of the most sucessful amphibious landings was the little known battle of Kiska. After a massive naval bombardment, a 35,000 strong combined force of US and Canadian soldiers took and secured the island with only 21 losses.
    • There where no enemy forces on Kiska in WW2.

They slaughtered me.
    Quote from Becky Rose :
    • The ice caps are not melting, only one of them is, the other is growing faster than the first is meltin.

was already said by me
    Here's something interesting. Do a google image search for "45th US Infantry Division Patch WW2"

You will notice something odd, it seems those folk in Oklahoma had to have a bit of a redesign in '39.
    The trouble with people stealing a logo, you can't use the swastika without people thinking you're a Nazi just like you can't use the rainbow without people thinking you're gay.
    • The Population of London, England is bigger than the populations of, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Wales, and Norway combined.
    • The early Chewing Gums used to be made from Whale Blubber.
    • Average time it takes to park a car: 26 seconds
    • Average time it takes to park a car when an other car is waiting: 31 sconds
    • Average time it takes to park a car when an other car is waiting and honking: 41 seconds.
    Quote from Becky Rose :Here's something interesting. Do a google image search for "45th US Infantry Division Patch WW2"

You will notice something odd, it seems those folk in Oklahoma had to have a bit of a redesign in '39.

Well, they had the Swastika, and the Swastika inverted, which means not only were they Nazis, but they were Hindus aswell.
    Quote from P5YcHoM4N :you can't use the rainbow without people thinking you're gay.

You can't use the word "pride" either without people assuming you mean "gay pride". Moreover, how come "gay pride" is okay, but "white pride" is not?
    The square root of -1 is "i"
    Quote from wheel4hummer :You can't use the word "pride" either without people assuming you mean "gay pride". Moreover, how come "gay pride" is okay, but "white pride" is not?

Simple, because gays are a minority and white are not.
    Quote from marzman :Simple, because gays are a minority and white are not.

They are still white, the way you swing doesn't make you a minority.

Quote from J@tko :
    • My mum's car: 40 miles per gallon. Average Supercar: 15ish miles per gallon. F1 car: 4 miles per gallon. QE2: 6 inches per gallon

That isn't true, she gets 49ft to the gallon.

Random Facts Thread
    (581 posts, started )
    FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG