The online racing simulator
Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
  • I got 17gb's of LCD Monitor
giraffes and rats can last longer without water then camels...

there is no such a thing as leprechauns, the Chinese found out that they taste like chicken.
If you feed a Pigeon Indigestion tablets, it may explode.

I don't recommend doing this however.
When you sneeze the body will prepare itself by making you blink. It will not, however, stop you from peeing.
kangaroo rats (or mice, i forgot) do not drink
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Heh, Racer X, is that actually true? Once or twice a week I probably dream about falling.. normally from either a cliff, which is lined with grass, or from one of the higher floors of a tall building. Either way, neither are overly pleasent, and sometimes when I'm nearly asleep, I feel like I'm falling... but I'm laid flat in bed.

i read once that falling in a dream often happens if you're not breathing (or holding your breath) while sleeping
I think it's just connected with that little twitch your body does when you are at the brink to fall asleep, the body belives your dead or dying, and then it tried to shock you up as a way of life-safing prossedure.

Pretty cool feature actually, but sucks when you falling asleep on the bus just to plant your foot in the man in front of you without realizing before he stands in front of you asking why the **** you kicked him. :scared:
the square root of -1 is an imaginary number :P
Found these on the web

1. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.

2. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off!

3. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only ONE testicle.

The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.

Dolphins sleep with one eye open!

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds

A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years!

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match

The longest place name still in use is:
Taumatawhakatangihangaoauauotameteat uripukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenua kitanatahu
-- a New Zealand hill.
Wow, screw the bacon butty in the morning. No more expensive back bacon - I'll grab some worms and stick them under the grill!

Keep em coming.
ye i might eat some worms tomorrow
more ones

11. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child

You can't kill yourself by holding your breath

There is a city called Rome on every continent.

Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people

Earth is the only planet not named after a god.

On average a hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute.

If you passed gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an
atomic bomb.

Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know)

Elephants are the only animal that cannot jump

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
a worm cannot jump either, especially after i ate it.
Quote from G!NhO :a worm cannot jump either, especially after i ate it.

Not to menchion alot of insects
Like a ant it cant jump
Quote from Kalev EST :Didn´t Ferdinand Porsche design the Beetle on Hitler´s orders? I doubt Hitler was much of an engineer to do it himself.

i thought Porsche made it look better
Quote from G!NhO :i thought Porsche made it look better

Wel discovery said hitler said it was to square and therefor not the car he wanted.
So mister porsche gave it a redesighn
I think he gave them a kind of rough design of what he wanted and the beetle was the outcome. I know im failing. :bananadea
yummi

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Wel discovery said hitler said it was to square and therefor not the car he wanted.
So mister porsche gave it a redesighn

yeah thats what i meant

Quote from chanoman315 :yummi

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

hhmmmmmm, what do spiders taste like? Steak?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :
  • Bill Gates is so rich, that if there was a $500 dollar bill on the sidewalk, it would waste him time just to bend down and pick it up.

Did you know that:
It would be a waste of everyone's time to bend down and pick up a $500 note, since they've been out of circulation since 1969 as they were only used by banks and organized crime.

Another one:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

And my answer:
Cgdirbmae Utisreviny is a cletelpmoy and ulretty sewercd ioitutitsnn if tehy allautcy bveilee tihs bcnuh of bihsllut. The poitison of the lrettes need to be in the vtiniciy of tiehr oanigirl poitison, osiwrehte rnidaeg bemoces asomlt ilbissopmy dluciffit.

On the topic of Einstein:
Einstein made our current GPS positioning system possible. According to his theories of special and general relativity time is influenced by gravity and speed. As a result, time for geosynchronised orbit objects (like GPS satelites) runs faster than on the surface of the earth. Clocks in those satelites account for this difference, otherwise they would wrongly inform you of their position (by 7 meters per 12 hours).

Stellar Mass Black holes (black holes that have the mass of a couple of suns) are places in our universe you really don't want to find yourself driving your car into. The gravitational field of a black hole towards its event horizon (point of no return) is so sudden and great that you will be 'spaghettified' before you ever get to it. Basically you will get really long and really thin because of the differences in gravity between what your feet and head experience.

Supermassive Black Holes are just as deadly, but since they are so much bigger, their gravitational field is way bigger, meaning that if you fall into the event horizon, you won't be spaghettified for a while. Unfortunately what goes into a black hole probably won't come out (although that's a subject of serious debate as that presents us with a paradox), so you won't be able to tell us what the inside of the event horizon looks like.

Also, from the point of view of an outside observer looking at you while you fall into a black hole, you will turn red and slow down more and more while falling. You can see that observer, but he will turn blue and speed up due to gravitational time dilation (same as the GPS sats). For you the whole deal is over pretty quick as time runs at normal speed for you, but for the outside observer it will take forever for you to disappear into the event horizon.

The average photon (light particle) takes around 8 minutes to travel the 150 million km (93 million miles) from the sun to earth. However, the photon was born in the core of the sun where the density is so big that it can only travel a short bit before being absorbed by another particle. It takes the average photon anywhere from 12000 to 80000 years to travel the 700000 km from the sun's core to the suns surface.

Also, you cannot physically measure the path a single photon takes. If you do that it will invariably turn from a particle into a wave and take all possible paths simultaneously.
LOL

The guy that isnt scared of them hahaha

Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG