The online racing simulator
hmm

if i can get a car small enough to drive from my bed to my drive way/garage... then it would look like a small garden with rust bangers taking up all the space.

i wants the uber small car btw
Quote from Woz :
That said, its well known 1mm of snow shuts dow the entire UK

haha, we had about 5mm of slush before xmas and half my office didn't come in. I managed to get knocked off my bike on the way in by some idiot sliding out of a side road with wheels locked.
Quote from Crashgate3 :haha, we had about 5mm of slush before xmas and half my office didn't come in. I managed to get knocked off my bike on the way in by some idiot sliding out of a side road with wheels locked.

thats this new fangled invention called snow for ya...

nobody can handle its modest difficulty.
Quote from Crashgate3 :haha, we had about 5mm of slush before xmas and half my office didn't come in. I managed to get knocked off my bike on the way in by some idiot sliding out of a side road with wheels locked.

You guys would have had a heart attack with me today. Even this is nothing to sweat about....

Edit: Here's one better. You can clearly see that I was driving slow for the conditions. Road conditions clearly show that I could have been going a bit faster as I could easily see the center lines, but I was working the camera at the time...

looks like fun tbh, nothing a swb, 4wd car wouldn't sort out
#32 - Woz
Quote from mrodgers :You guys would have had a heart attack with me today. Even this is nothing to sweat about....

Fun as long as you have a 4*4.

Our Subaru Legacy Outback is not too bad on in that sort of stuff as has intermediate tyres instead of road and it has a bit of clearance.

Quote from mrodgers : Edit: Here's one better. You can clearly see that I was driving slow for the conditions. Road conditions clearly show that I could have been going a bit faster as I could easily see the center lines, but I was working the camera at the time...

Yep clear enough not to be too much of an issue
I would kill for snow like that here. I absolutely love it

(and a 4x4 to drive in it..)
Some days I start work without getting out of bed, and i'm not going to post a picture of that...

On days I cycle my journey looks a bit like this (google image search not my own)

Past the village green
Past the nutters at the airbase
Skim along the edge of the park
Get on the train
Get off the train and carry the bike over the bridge
Pass this idiot

Howevery idyllic as this route may appear, this is the more likely reality
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media ... jpg/_42434233_transco.jpg
Attached images
vsignlg.jpg
A76F00E8_1143_EC82_2E6DB291C0DE0255.jpg
leaves_king_420x315.jpg
Huntingdon_railway_station.jpg
station1.jpg
towncrier.jpg
70km / 40 miles to work, and back...
Starting downhill from the garage, 15% slope 100m long with wall both sides and 90° left turn down there. If it snowed you are well awake wether you made the turn or not

then 10minutes of up and down mixed city including crossing a tricky twisty forest road with iced bridges. Then 30min highway, steep and twisty at first and then flat after a 10km hillclimb perfect for drifting 40 tons trucks.
Then 5 minutes through another city with traffic and 9-10 hours before starting again...

After a few years it gets slightly boring, but still better than public transportation at peak hour.
My journey to work is about 300 yards of suburban town pavement. Not very interesting
Quote from mrodgers :You guys would have had a heart attack with me today. Even this is nothing to sweat about....

Can't see a problem with any car that has winter tires. Those crazy islanders living in the fog and rain don't use such things, hence they are all over the place with some snow.
Quote from Blackout :Can't see a problem with any car that has winter tires. Those crazy islanders living in the fog and rain don't use such things, hence they are all over the place with some snow.

More people die of cold weather related health issues per head of population each year in Britain than in Siberia. If it isnt an overcast rainy day, we get confused.
#40 - Woz
Quote from Becky Rose :More people die of cold weather related health issues per head of population each year in Britain than in Siberia. If it isnt an overcast rainy day, we get confused.

Leaves on the track is enough to shut down the rail network as well remember
No, nowadays all that's required is a light breeze.
Quote from Woz :Leaves on the track is enough to shut down the rail network as well remember

That's the downside of modern "comfortable" material. Modern trains are equipped with disk and electrodynamic brakes. Older stuff used brake blocks on the wheel thread. Awfully noisy, and the wheels wore out quite fast. However, it did make the wheel thread very rough, so it had much more grip and it improved electrical conductivity.

Now they throw sandite on the track to make it more grippy, but you can't fit every train with a sandite dispenser.
#43 - 5haz
I'm looking forward to when they bring in street view in the UK (if the privacy protestor's brigade dont get it banned that is, makes you wonder what they're trying to hide).

As for journey to college, well this was the nearest thing I could find, Isn't Romford beautiful.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3297483.jpg
I'll head out tomorrow and photo my walk to Uni (well, part of it) since I'll be in the area anyway (lovely sarnie shop on the way in to Uni, I wanna go there tomorrow)
yeah snow...have plenty of it here, but my Lupo seems to be a good winter car (if only the washer system wouldn't freeze all the time...)

*example pic, its from 2002 I know
#46 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :A little experiment...

Of my daily drive to Uni.

(5x speed, no audio)

Someone needs to dub pace notes on top of that

EDIT: What time do you have to get into uni? I thought you were doing a proper subject :P
#49 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :It takes you three quarters of an hour to get to Uni?

On a good day... from my door to the campus takes an hour and a half including the walk from the car park.
You could've put some music on top of that Wink but cool nonetheless..

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG