The online racing simulator
What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
Quote from ColeusRattus :The problem with that is though, unless there is perfect vision of minimum a Kilometer ahead, you do not know if it's empty. Also, animals tend to jump out right in front of your car, which too can kill you, depending on their size and your reaction.

Yes, that was pretty much the same thing I said.

You know the risks, if you want to take them, you only bring threat to your own life.
Quote from ATHome :Yes, that was pretty much the same thing I said.

You know the risks, if you want to take them, you only bring threat to your own life.

The danger isn't limited to your own life on a public road. NEVER!
There could always be oncoming traffic or pedestrians on or near the road where you can't see them, but can kill them.
I say the speedlimit on freeways should be reduced to 15km/h. After all... there could be cows and stuff suddenly falling from the skies...
Oh come on. It's two totally different matters slouching along and driving sensibly.
Excessive speeding and reckless driving on public roads is a very stupid thing to do, as is snailing along at pedestrian speeds, as that makes you only a slightly mobile target to hit for traffic coming from behind...
I agree that speeding on public roads should not be encouraged and all... however, some of you folks are behaving like old people who have too much time on their hands and go out to play traffic police with little notebooks in their pockets to write down license plates and stuff...
I like how every video where people have queried his driving has been pulled down. He knows he did wrong and after his plates got posted he is shitting bricks.

[edit: Reminds me of the expenses scandal a couple of years ago, MPs would proclaim to the media "I have done nothing illegal, all of my expenses can be checked to show they comply with the rules and to prove it, I am going to pay back all of my expenses."]
Quote from jibber :I agree that speeding on public roads should not be encouraged and all... however, some of you folks are behaving like old people who have too much time on their hands and go out to play traffic police with little notebooks in their pockets to write down license plates and stuff...

Well, I think that many people in here come off more strict than they actually are. I for one catch myself doing a few km/h above the speedlimit quite often. But I don't argue that that's a reasonable and safe way to drive.
Speaking of animals running onto the road, at over 160kph, and animal even a bird can destroy parts of the car, but doesn't the Autobahn have some kind of defence from land animals running over the road? I wouldn't want to hit a fox or something at 200mph...(320kph)..

Rattus, you're just an honest person. When track days are as popular and common, and as easy to go to as they are, driving like a cock on the public road isn't acceptable by any means, but going a few km over the limit to me isn't like driving on the wrong side of the road overtaking more than one car at a time.
Quote from BlueFlame :Speaking of animals running onto the road, at over 160kph, and animal even a bird can destroy parts of the car, but doesn't the Autobahn have some kind of defence from land animals running over the road? I wouldn't want to hit a fox or something at 200mph...(320kph)..

Rattus, you're just an honest person. When track days are as popular and common, and as easy to go to as they are, driving like a cock on the public road isn't acceptable by any means, but going a few km over the limit to me isn't like driving on the wrong side of the road overtaking more than one car at a time.

The autobahn has, but the autobahn has at least two lanes per side, and a couple of meters (and a guardrail) inbetween both directional sides. So there is no comparison between an Autobahn and an open, country road, with one lane per direction.
Quote from Stefani24 :The autobahn has, but the autobahn has at least two lanes per side, and a couple of meters (and a guardrail) inbetween both directional sides. So there is no comparison between an Autobahn and an open, country road, with one lane per direction.

Of course, it was a side-question, one not really related to the topic. I just wondered because of the highspeed sections of the autobahn.
Everyone drives to fast now and then. There are roads where you think: "Why the f*ck can't you drive just a bit faster here?!"
But u DONT drive on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD just to cut a corner. WTF is wrong with you, is it because you think you are playing a racing sim that you have to drive the same way on the public roads??? That is just nonsense, keep on your own lane and don't drive like a dick.
Quote from BlueFlame :Of course, it was a side-question, one not really related to the topic. I just wondered because of the highspeed sections of the autobahn.

Hm, I can just say how it is here, but most of the time there are big walls (mostly for sound reduction) around it usually, or epically wide fields. (I can't think of an autobahn in the woods atm). And sadly, here, in Austria, there are no limitless sections, the highest you are allowed to drive is 130 km/h.
#241 - AJS
I can make a vid but it will be a short one ...

2 minutes ... if i WALK
Quote from AJS :I can make a vid but it will be a short one ...

2 minutes ... if i WALK

Do you have Kenyan ancestors?
#243 - AJS
haha no its just ... a short way
This is my way to...err from work.
Almost the same tho.
Video didnt turn out to be good, lack of equipment is a cause.
Used my mobile phone as cam (apparently lacks picture stabilisation), without any mount.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=F78QeLhuT2c
Being behind a lorry doesn't help!

And i am not going sideways, except in the snow.
tested if I could use my new phone and its sat-nav dock thingy for onboard vids last winter, turned out ok, even tho the engine sounds a lot deeper than it really is (still only a 50ps 1.0).

filmed my then daily commute to my internship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iOX92NwUe

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG