The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :Whats wrong overtaking 2 cars in one manoeuvre? I've overtaken 8 cars in one before without it being dangerous.

There was only one side road while I was actually overtaking, and that road is a dirt track going to a few houses that runs parallel the road I was on - i.e. you can easily see if any cars are on the road, and see if theres going to be anyone pulling out from the side road well before I commited to the overtake.

I love how you guys are determined to find fault with my driving.

What's wrong with overtaking 2 cars in one manouvre is that it's dangerous. There was a side road, and somebodies driveway, what if a child had strayed out just on the very parameters of that property? You would of shitbrix and caused an accident.

USE YOUR BRAIN. One of these days you'll be like 'meh its fine nobody ever does that/this round here' then they will and someones death will be on your dirty sausages.
Quote from BlueFlame :What's wrong with overtaking 2 cars in one manouvre is that it's dangerous.

Whats the difference between overtaking 2 cars as one, and overtaking a lorry? They are the same length...

You can overtake an unlimited number of cars, if the conditions allow.
Quote from BlueFlame :...what if a child had strayed out just on the very parameters of that property? You would of shitbrix and caused an accident.

WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN
Quote from Jakg :Whats the difference between overtaking 2 cars as one, and overtaking a lorry? They are the same length...

WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN

So you'd overtake an Articulated Truck on a country lane? ****ing hell... UKgov really needs to improve the driving test..
Quote from Jakg :Whats the difference between overtaking 2 cars as one, and overtaking a lorry? They are the same length...

Indeed. Actually overtaking a lorry is way more dangerous then passing two small cars.
Quote from -NightFly- :Indeed. Actually overtaking a lorry is way more dangerous then passing two small cars.

Yes, because of visual impairment.

Overtaking two cars is still dangerous, most people don't look on their drivers side mirror, he could of ended up where the car he was overtaking, was overtaking the car infront. Overtaking two cars is stupid.. very stupid.
Out of interest BlueFlame... have you ever overtaken anything... ever?
Quote from BlueFlame :Overtaking two cars is still dangerous, most people don't look on their drivers side mirror, he could of ended up where the car he was overtaking, was overtaking the car infront. Overtaking two cars is stupid.. very stupid.

wtf? Then whats the difference if i take them by one or both at the same time. If the car in front doesn't look anyway then there is absolutely no difference when he causes accident (either i was overtaking just him or about to overtake also the car infront of him).
Quote from Jakg :Out of interest BlueFlame... have you ever overtaken anything... ever?

No, becuase I just flame peoples bad driving when I've never sat behind the wheel of a car.

What do YOU think? Instead of admitting 'ok maybe it wasn't so smart' you're too arrogant to see that being 'smooth' doesn't make you safe. Why not just be a safe driver? Overtaking two cars in one move on a country lane is retarded. You don't know what is going to happen next, control is an illusion.

Lets say the driver infront didn't feel like being passed and stepped on it (a dick thing for him to do, but people do do it) as a car appeared in the oncoming lane. About 150m away, you'd have to scamble to get the car back in lane when you could possibly wreck the guy behind or cause him to wreck due to having to engage and emergency stop.

Fact is. That was retarded what you did. You have no justification for it. Or rather, there IS no justification for it.

The video itself doesn't show so much, but you definately can't see if there is any traffic coming when you DO pull out anyway. And these cars aren't even within 10m of each other, with a truck, it's ONE driver who may or may not see you, with TWO cars, it's TWO drivers, who both may or may not see you. The correct procedure is to overtake one car at a time (on a country lane or such).
Quote from BlueFlame :No, becuase I just flame peoples bad driving when I've never sat behind the wheel of a car.

Thanks for clarifying that Captain Obvious.
Quote from BlueFlame :
Lets say the driver infront didn't feel like being passed and stepped on it (a dick thing for him to do, but people do do it) as a car appeared in the oncoming lane. About 150m away, you'd have to scamble to get the car back in lane when you could possibly wreck the guy behind or cause him to wreck due to having to engage and emergency stop.

Your writings lacks a bit of logic, again If the car infront decides to play a d*ck then should the car behind act same way for the described accident to happen.
I was on highway yesterday and overtook 2 cars...why? Because it felt much safer than to squeese myself between there just to repeat myself. + my car is like a snail when it comes to accelrating on highway. So on that circumstance it was actually a lot more reasonable to overtook them both than one by the time.

Also, there might be language barrier but i thought country lanes look like this:
Quote from BlueFlame :What do YOU think? Instead of admitting 'ok maybe it wasn't so smart' you're too arrogant to see that being 'smooth' doesn't make you safe.

If I wasn't 100% satisfied (and happy to defend) my driving in this video, do you think I would of uploaded it for the world to see?
Quote from BlueFlame :Overtaking two cars in one move on a country lane is retarded. You don't know what is going to happen next, control is an illusion.

How is one any more dangerous than two? There is a risk that the second driver could try to overtake without seeing me, but thats something I was on the lookout for....
Quote from BlueFlame :Lets say the driver infront didn't feel like being passed and stepped on it (a dick thing for him to do, but people do do it) as a car appeared in the oncoming lane. About 150m away, you'd have to scamble to get the car back in lane when you could possibly wreck the guy behind or cause him to wreck due to having to engage and emergency stop.

I would have no problem at all slowing back down and slotting in behind the cars even once I was level with the first driver, without having a head on. I wouldn't overtake if there wasn't enough room for evasive action if required.
Quote from BlueFlame :Fact is. That was retarded what you did. You have no justification for it. Or rather, there IS no justification for it.

Errr, I don't want to do 35-40 the whole way to work stuck behind yet another Sunday driver is "justfication" enough. In fact I don't actually think I need to justify my overtakes to you at all but hey-ho...
Quote from BlueFlame :The video itself doesn't show so much, but you definately can't see if there is any traffic coming when you DO pull out anyway.

Yes, you can - perhaps not on the video (mounted just to the left of the rear view mirror), but you certainly can from the drivers seat (on the right of the car).
Quote from BlueFlame :The correct procedure is to overtake one car at a time (on a country lane or such).

Bullshit. You can overtake blocks of cars no problem at all, as long as you fully asses the potential hazards and road conditions of the road you will be using.

Most of my double or triple overtakes are done as blocks simply because most people follow far too close to the car in front, and you'd never safely slot a car in that gap.
Why do you even bother replying to him? He's out of his mind again...

PS: Don't make me search his post, but i believe it was blueflame who once stated in another discussion, that he would bump into somebodies tail on purpose, if they'd drive too slow in front of him... and all of a sudden he wants to talk about safe driving... freaking hypocrites.
Quote from Jakg :

Wat? You can, but it's not legal and far from safe ffs. Unless rules in Britain are different on that matter which i doubt.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wat? You can, but it's not legal and far from safe ffs. Unless rules in Britain are different on that matter which i doubt.

As long as you don't go over the speed limit or it's not a "dangerous move" (whatever that means exactly), it is perfectly legal to overtake multiple cars (at least in switzerland it is).
Quote from jibber :As long as you don't go over the speed limit or it's not a "dangerous move" (whatever that means exactly), it is perfectly legal to overtake multiple cars (at least in switzerland it is).

Same here.
To be fair there is nothing wrong (or illegal) with overtaking any number of cars so long as the road is clear and you can see, and you "don't exceed the speed limit but no-one abides by that last one).

I've done 4 in my car at once and did 12 on my bike once (may have been doing 130 by the end but hey it was a national limit :razz - on both occasions the road was dead straight with no hills or dips and had visibility of over 1 mile.

Also while there is a time and a place to driving on the wrong side of the road, it's perfectly safe to do if you can see through the bend and can see if there are any hazards. Considering this was encouraged when I did my advanced motorcycle stuff, anyone who says this is dangerous can go bite me.

Also nowhere can I recall it being a "fail in a driving test" if you overtake more than 1 vehicle at a time. Obviously people are speaking out of their bottoms and especially since there are so many different laws based on what country you live in, most of you are stating what may be true in your home countries but is not true with the UK motoring law.

I watched the whole video and in general Jack's driving is fine. He keeps a safe distance from cars in front when following (unlike most Audi drivers) and while he does drive on the wrong side of the road quite a bit, almost under all of these occasions it is safe to do so.

Although at 0:55, I would have personally stuck to my side of the road as there was a hidden junction on the right, which if someone had of turned left out of to join their side of the road, would have caused an accident but to be honest, the lane disciple on the motorway/dual carridgeway is good and general standard of driving looks good as well...so sorry Jake but I can't undersand what your problem is with Jacks driving.

For the record, you do not have to stop at any roundabout or infact under any occasion unless there is a stop sign.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wat? You can, but it's not legal and far from safe ffs. Unless rules in Britain are different on that matter which i doubt.

Theres no law on what you can or can't overtake on a "normal" road.

How can you possibly say "it's not safe" to overtake an unlimited number of cars if the conditions permit? Are you saying it's not safe to overtake on a motorway?!
Quote from jibber :As long as you don't go over the speed limit or it's not a "dangerous move" (whatever that means exactly), it is perfectly legal to overtake multiple cars (at least in switzerland it is).

Wow, pretty unsafe rule. In Serbia you can't overtake a column (2 or more vehicles). People do it all the time though, it's just against the rules (and rightly imo).
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Although at 0:55, I would have personally stuck to my side of the road as there was a hidden junction on the right...

That turning goes into a clearing where they dumped a container and left it there. On the way down the hill you can see straight into the clearing (which is of course empty and has been for the last 4 years).

Again, it's really hard to judge this stuff without actually seeing the road properly, as a low-res, distorted (high FOV lens) view doesn't do it justice.

I was more thinking of people looking at the scenery... I'd love to see what a typical drive to work looks like Serbia for example (and without having to do a boring Google Streetview runthrough).
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wow, pretty unsafe rule. In Serbia you can't overtake a column (2 or more vehicles). People do it all the time though, it's just against the rules (and rightly imo).

Why is it an unsafe rule? If the conditions allow for it, there's nothing unsafe about it...

Let's make an example:

You're driving on a 5km straight and even road with perfect visibility. To the sides of the road, there's even fields of grass, no trees, no rivers, big stones, whatsoever...

You have two cars in front of you doing 50km/h, while the speed limit is 80km/h. Those are the only two cars in sight (5km straight road), no other living beings in sight either, just you and the two cars in front.

Now you take over the first car doing max. 80km/h. Then you could either go back into your lane between the two cars, only to begin overtaking the 2nd car a few seconds later... or you could overtake both cars at once. Where's the difference exactly? If anything, the latter would be more safe.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wow, pretty unsafe rule. In Serbia you can't overtake a column (2 or more vehicles). People do it all the time though, it's just against the rules (and rightly imo).

In Serbia column overtakes you!

sry, it just popped on my mind when i read your post.

Why is that a good idea?

Heres two perfect overtaking opportunities on my drive to Uni.

1 & 2

Imagine that both those stretches are totally empty, except for three cars in a row. You've got a miles worth of clear road ahead, they're going at 40 MPH (i.e. 20 under the limit) and you can be passed in around 5 seconds.

Sure, some roads are dangerous to overtake one car on - but a blanket 2 car overtake rule is stupid.

EDIT - I'm not sure what driving is like everywhere else, but in the UK everyone is really impatient. Most people want to get to where they're going as fast as they can, but you get the odd few who want to cruise along at 40 everywhere. Most people want to go faster, but lack the balls to actually overtake, so instead sit about 10 feet from their bumper for the whole journey, which makes individual overtakes really difficult, thus why I use blocks.

On my drive to Uni it's got several long stretches like in the map links, but the queues of people following that one person can get very long, which is why I usually end up doing infrequent large block overtakes than slowly bunnyhopping my way past.
You're missing the point, or you have very clear roads there There are no such roads here and you can't make a rule that doesn't apply to clear roads, it has to be the same for every one.
I've seen way too many risky, last second overtakes and that's with overtaking only one car.
Quote from -NightFly- :Your writings lacks a bit of logic, again If the car infront decides to play a d*ck then should the car behind act same way for the described accident to happen.
I was on highway yesterday and overtook 2 cars...why? Because it felt much safer than to squeese myself between there just to repeat myself. + my car is like a snail when it comes to accelrating on highway.

Exactly a highway, with more than 1 lane of opposing traffic.
Quote from jibber :Why do you even bother replying to him? He's out of his mind again...

PS: Don't make me search his post, but i believe it was blueflame who once stated in another discussion, that he would bump into somebodies tail on purpose, if they'd drive too slow in front of him... and all of a sudden he wants to talk about safe driving... freaking hypocrites.

No, I said I'd bump them if they were driving like an ass defensively and blocking me from overtaking on a motorway/dual carriage etc.

ALSO : Boris, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to do so in many countries. People just deem it to be safe when they 'have people to see and places to be'.

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG