The online racing simulator
car vs. car vs. car
(53 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :The Porsche Boxter: A very expensive way of saying 'I can't afford a 911'.

Way to regurgitate Top Gear opinion.
A 1 series says "I can't afford a 3 series", a 911 Carrera 4 says "I can't afford a turbo", an MX5 says "I can't afford an S2000", and MR2 says "I can't afford an Elise", a Jag XKR says "I can't afford an Aston Martin", an Aston Martin V8 Vantage says "I can't afford a DB9", a Gallardo says "I can't afford a Murciellago" yadayadayadayada, and you'd better be driving this year's model or you're just saying "I can't afford a newer one" whatever you drive.

Boxsters are great to drive, well made, refined and in the grand scheme of things good value for money, who gives a crap what it "says".

Out of those 3, Boxster S every time.
Quote from sinbad :Way to regurgitate Top Gear opinion.
A 1 series says "I can't afford a 3 series", a 911 Carrera 4 says "I can't afford a turbo", an MX5 says "I can't afford an S2000", and MR2 says "I can't afford an Elise", a Jag XKR says "I can't afford an Aston Martin", an Aston Martin V8 Vantage says "I can't afford a DB9", a Gallardo says "I can't afford a Murciellago" yadayadayadayada, and you'd better be driving this year's model or you're just saying "I can't afford a newer one" whatever you drive.

Boxsters are great to drive, well made, refined and in the grand scheme of things good value for money, who gives a crap what it "says".

Out of those 3, Boxster S every time.

Agreed. Its like being back at school. If you dont have the best phone, or the latest music, you get picked on. The same seem;s to happen if you dont buy the top of the range car or there most expensive model. Its all down to opinion.

I personally would'nt have a boxster, but only because its not my kind of car, but i still think there a very nice car. And there great to drive. I once drove a 3.2 S (old one, 2000 i think) and it was really enjoyable.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Agreed. Its like being back at school. If you dont have the best phone, or the latest music, you get picked on. The same seem;s to happen if you dont buy the top of the range car or there most expensive model. Its all down to opinion.

I personally would'nt have a boxster, but only because its not my kind of car, but i still think there a very nice car. And there great to drive. I once drove a 3.2 S (old one, 2000 i think) and it was really enjoyable.

i listened to everything nobody in my school listened to, did i get bullied ??

no.

was i the biggest ??

no.

you phail :|
135i
good 310bhp there.
3.5L Turbo

Thats the 1 series i would have, plus the 1 series has a great chassis, the best of all BMW.
but the 1 serise... its the mini of the series line-up...

why not just buy an older more powerful M5 ?
If you forced me to choose, boxter. If I had to choose, I'd buy a used 1990-2000 Acura(Honda) NSX for about $25000-30000, and pwn you all
Quote from Zachary Zoomy : If I had to choose, I'd buy a used 1990-2000 Acura(Honda) NSX for about $25000-30000, and pwn you all

unlikely you'd find a good conditioned one, but good choice though. For that price you'd get a good conditioned R34 GTR or a perfect conditioned R32 GTR, both of those would pwn
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Which would you rather have?

1. 2009 Pontiac Solstice
2. 2009 Porsche Boxster S
3. 2009 BMW 1 Series

No thanks. None of them.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Which would you rather have?

1. 2009 Pontiac Solstice
3. 2009 BMW 1 Series

I would take the Porsche Boxster S, because it's small, it's a convertible, it looks cool, and probably out performs all of these. Next would be the BMW. Third wouldn't even be a Solstice.

Easy, the Boxster.
Quote from Crashgate3 :The Porsche Boxter: A very expensive way of saying 'I can't afford a 911'.

PSML.. yeah like you wouldn't love to be able to afford one??

I laugh every time I hear this statement. I'm sure all the people with £40k burning their pocket give a damn about what people who have to scrape up for a second hand Focus think.
Quote from gezmoor :I laugh every time I hear this statement. I'm sure all the people with £40k burning their pocket give a damn about what people who have to scrape up for a second hand Focus think.

They don't, they should however think "how am I going to look when a 911 gets parked near my car"
Quote from squidhead :They don't, they should however think "how am I going to look when a 911 gets parked near my car"

Mmmkay. Well, Jeremy said it I suppose.
I dont get that comparison.
I mean a porshe (yea, maybe a small one, but nontheless) and a bmw 1er?
How can you compare them?
Me doesnt like new cars, only oldschool stuff ... like 92' Firebird Trans Am and that kind of stuff. Few ricers too like Mitsubishi Galant n stuff
Quote from squidhead :They don't, they should however think "how am I going to look when a 911 gets parked near my car"

They should, should they? why exactly??

All I know is that if I could ever afford a new Boxster S, I'd be pretty damn happy I could. IF I were the kind of person that worried about the car that get's parked next to mine, (and I'm not and never have been), I'd be a lot more worried about how I'd look when somebody parked their 911 next to my secondhand Focus.

But as I said, I'm not concerned about such things, because I don't define or value myself according to the things I own. What would be the point? There is always going to be someone richer than you, with a flashier more expensive car than you. Worrying/caring about it is pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Quote from sinbad :Mmmkay. Well, Jeremy said it I suppose.

Yeah, who are we to dare to think for ourselves !
bugatti veryon sell it and buy

Corvett ZR1
R35 GTR
R32 GTR skyline
HK manaro 450 chev
F355
BMW M3 V8 (daily Driver)

ZX6R 2008
CBR600RR 2008
Solstice, because it gets the best fuel economy, and still is as fun as the other two. Even if it's slower.
bmw 1 series.
because i really like bmw and i love the bmw 1 coupe
Quote from gezmoor :They should, should they? why exactly??

All I know is that if I could ever afford a new Boxster S, I'd be pretty damn happy I could.

I can ( This one , easily, with the trade in of my Mazda ), I don't want a boxster, because I will never explain why I didn't go for a 911 except "I couldn't afford the cheapest one".
Now we arrive at a point : A person who can afford a boxster says he wouldn't because of 911 owners. And since I am the one who can afford it, I will answer to your question : "Yes, they should".

But seeing you actually think it's all in "being rich" but not in "driving a cockish boxster", I doubt you will see the point
Quote from squidhead :unlikely you'd find a good conditioned one, but good choice though. For that price you'd get a good conditioned R34 GTR or a perfect conditioned R32 GTR, both of those would pwn

true, but I'd rather go down in style
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :
1. 2009 Pontiac Solstice
3. 2009 BMW 1 Series

I'd rather have AIDS ...
Quote from theirishnoob :i listened to everything nobody in my school listened to, did i get bullied ??

no.

was i the biggest ??

no.

you phail :|

If there's anyone here who "phails", its you for not f'ing reading it properly which is normal for you.
I was pointing out the fact that alot of people criticise others for not having the best of something, whether it be a car, music, clothes...etc.

It was no reason for you to go on an ego trip.
why not just buy a ak-47 plus a flak jacket, rob a few banks, do some dirty deeds and bank roll your own car company ?

i can see it now...

the Ponda Ricer*

* - loosely based on the honda civic/ford mustang

car vs. car vs. car
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG