The online racing simulator
Quote from Tweaker :Well if you look at the data of the image, it says Adobe Photoshop CS2... and that doesn't prove it is photoshopped, because it could have been resized in PS... but still, there is a possibility. Because if you look at the sky, there clearly is a white linear fade effect, not to mention the dry saturation of the whole picture :doh:

How do you look at the data? If you look at the properties using a right click on the site, then it shows you whatever program your computer associates with the file type.

I am very good at picking out photoshopped pictures... but only if they start as real pictures. This started as a graphic in the first place.
Quote from DevilsTower :um, I was just looking at the pic, and when looking at the pit road; is it closed off? Not that it has any purpose or anything, but its the only thing I reacted to... I'm in the really tired mode now btw... Been up all night waiting for the patch, after Kajojek popped up on our server saying the patch was outillepall

I don't think it is closed off, but the bridge across the pit lane with the signs on it are gone.
Quote from Hallen :I don't think it is closed off, but the bridge across the pit lane with the signs on it are gone.

O snap, Your right As I said, I'm in the really tired mode now, in 5mins I'm in sleeping-while-waiting-for-the-patch mode
Quote from Hallen :How do you look at the data?

It's EXIF data i believe, Opera displays it, or you can use an exif reader.
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
ehh, my attempt at fog in photoshop...
Attached images
lfs fog.jpg
That actually looks darn near like real fog Roadie. Nice work
Quote from DevilsTower :Been up all night waiting for the patch, after Kajojek popped up on our server saying the patch was outillepall

:ices_rofl you fell for that?!?!?

I dared him to do that while we were in the [noobs] server!

Quote from DevilsTower :after Kajojek popped up on our server saying the patch was outillepall

owned!

I already mentioned about this some 30+ pages ago but no one replied... what do you think is the collision detection still the same? Now that the new tyre physics should make racing closer I really don't want to see anymore those moonflights from a minor touch made in 30 km/h speed. I'm talking about only the collision detection not a whole new damage model. I think this issue at least should be very high on the to do list, right after aeromodel bugs and tyre physics issues.
Quote from RacingSimFan ::ices_rofl you fell for that?!?!?

As I said, I'm tired... And I was like this when I heard it: «Hemm... Well, ok, I'll check it out, probably bullshit anyways» Kinda fell for it, kinda not Wootevva
Quote from deggis :I really don't want to see anymore those moonflights from a minor touch made in 30 km/h speed.

Doesn't that more have to do with lag than anything? Or does this happen in singleplayer with the AI as well? I haven't noticed enough to remember.
Quote from NetDemon01 :Doesn't that more have to do with lag than anything? Or does this happen in singleplayer with the AI as well? I haven't noticed enough to remember.

Happened to me... The AI went skyhigh, and he hasn't landed yet

God, I really have to go to bed...
Ah ok well I guess it does need work then. I know the collision is definitely bad, say when you hit one of those barriers. You kinda go through the barrier a little bit actually and then it fires you like a rocket.
Quote from NetDemon01 :Doesn't that more have to do with lag than anything? Or does this happen in singleplayer with the AI as well? I haven't noticed enough to remember.

Yes. It's model collision detection problem not lag.
It's both I'd say. Note the word "detection" and how lag can judge that.
Im happy that I slept the night and wasnt waiting here for the patch coming. I bet today we might have it, LFS will ress on the third day of eastern
Quote from deggis :owned!

I already mentioned about this some 30+ pages ago but no one replied... what do you think is the collision detection still the same? Now that the new tyre physics should make racing closer I really don't want to see anymore those moonflights from a minor touch made in 30 km/h speed. I'm talking about only the collision detection not a whole new damage model. I think this issue at least should be very high on the to do list, right after aeromodel bugs and tyre physics issues.

I agree, and I've said so at length a few times before, so will leave it at that
Quote from Tweaker :It's both I'd say. Note the word "detection" and how lag can judge that.

Lag probably affects it too... but I'd say if the detection problem is gone the whole problem is gone without touching the netcode at all.
i want to reply for the LFS news:
i want to waste my time in blackwood, because i have only that
Quote from Tweaker :It's both I'd say. Note the word "detection" and how lag can judge that.

Don't think that's the problem. The problem is more collision/energy absorbtion, which I believe is not there at all? Certainly energy in collisions is not absorbed by surfaces as it should.
But a lot of the complaints of crashes online and bumping into each other is both lag and the detection. If you go and bump a singleplayer AI, it just isn't the same.
DAMN! i just thought of something..... i'm moving on april 26-27 and won't have internet for a week or so.

PLEASE PUT OUT THE UPDATE BEFORE THEN!

sorry for shouting....

speedfreak227
That big text. Got the biggest deja vu now. Again. Thanks speedfreak.
I have the feeling that the patch might be out today...

...at least that is what I wish. Can't stand that teasing any more
My wife is taking the kids over to her mothers today so that I can spend an un-interupted day doing DIY. So please release the patch today, preferably about lunchtime as they get back at 4.
We Want The Patch! We Want The Patch! We Want The Patch! We Want The Patch! We Want The Patch! We Want The Patch!

You get the idea...

[edit] Btw, i've saved all your lovely faces for later photoshop use.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG