The online racing simulator
I play NKP on an iPhone, therefore C+P is impossible.

Quote from The Moose :Christ, and i thought i was lazy... I never realised copy and paste was so time consuming.

not that id ever contradict someone calling tristan lazy but wasnt the point of this whole release to address these kind of issues?
If I want to play nKP - a game that includes a server browser - then why should I have to fire up my web browser, go to a page, choose a server, copy the IP, paste the IP into nkP, realise that I've missed the joining period, go back and do it again until I get online.

It's not laziness, it's the principle. I'm not so in love with nK that I'll walk across continents to find an online race.
Quote from tristancliffe :If I want to play nKP - a game that includes a server browser - then why should I have to fire up my web browser, go to a page, choose a server, copy the IP, paste the IP into nkP, realise that I've missed the joining period, go back and do it again until I get online.

It's not laziness, it's the principle. I'm not so in love with nK that I'll walk across continents to find an online race.

pffff...or the glass is halffull
The glass is a lie
Quote from tristancliffe :If I want to play nKP - a game that includes a server browser - then why should I have to fire up my web browser, go to a page, choose a server, copy the IP, paste the IP into nkP, realise that I've missed the joining period, go back and do it again until I get online.

may I suggest you buy a 100,000 piece jigsaw of the sea, start that and sit back and wait for spectator mode
Quote from Shotglass :not that id ever contradict someone calling tristan lazy but wasnt the point of this whole release to address these kind of issues?

The point of this release was to provide a more stable multiplayer and better FPS.

The lobby problem appeared to be fixed in testing.. Only when loads of servers came online did the problem show itself.
Quote from The Moose :The point of this release was to provide a more stable multiplayer and better FPS.

The lobby problem appeared to be fixed in testing.. Only when loads of servers came online did the problem show itself.

A sim is on the right track when a driver tries the demo, sees all the issues and errors but can tell the car "feels" right and still buys the full version!
Quote from tristancliffe : I'm not so in love with nK that I'll walk across continents to find an online race.

Well, as you never ventured online with iRacing, wont with netKar and haven't raced LFS since march last year, it seems that even when its made dead easy you wont find an online race.

I get the feeling race sims isnt the hobby for you.
I have raced online in iRacing. I have in nK. And I've played LFS online at least once a month (but not necessarily on licenced servers ).

I can assure you that race sims are the computer hobby for me. I don't play other games, and nor do I watch much TV. Having invested in decent hardware I think I'm fairly serious about it. It's just that real racing, with which I compare my sims to, takes up a lot more time.
Quote from StableX :A sim is on the right track when a driver tries the demo, sees all the issues and errors but can tell the car "feels" right and still buys the full version!

This can't be right! I agree with you.

Come on, you can't deny Tristan has a point!

This is clunky at best! and keep in mind we're in 2009 and even free games have had perfectly working server browsers for quite some time now.

It makes no sense to question his dedication to simracing... and if he has little time for it, it's obvious he doesn't want to waste half of it copying and pasting around.
It took a 3rd party app to be able to join LFS servers from a link in a browser, even LFSWorld.

Surely there must be someone in the nKPro community who can do the same ?
Quote from StableX :...the car "feels" right...

It certainly feels the right-est, but there's that nagging oversteer issue that Dave brought up. I hope we find resolution to that one, or at least a consensus that isn't "it's screwed up". I'm going to have another go at it to see if I can reproduce it for myself.

LFS, is a known quantity.

iRacing, I think feels terrible but seems nobody on this giant ball we call Earth agrees with me.

netKar Pro, feels really good but the jury is still out on this one.

Sigh... Niels made a thoughtful rant over on one of the iRacing threads regarding the idea of a sim. If it were me, I'd hire him, some graphics guys, have some of you as testers and consultants, and make my own gawd damn sim to rule them all. One that is undisputably realistic in methodology and result! Mwuhahahahahaha!

I need to lie down.
Quote from Mattesa :Niels made a thoughtful rant over on one of the iRacing threads regarding the idea of a sim

Linky please?
Quote from Doorman :This can't be right! I agree with you.

yeah, I told you that back, crack and sack wax place around the corner from you did a smooth job.....
Quote from Mattesa :Starts here: http://forum.racesimcentral.co ... d.php?t=332876&page=8

Very interesting read TY. When he says

Quote :I could be very wrong and much inferior to the ''physics guys'' at iRacing but they simply haven't convinced me that they follow the best path towards full physics realism. I'm harsher to them as there are fulltime employees with a budget to spend, and modders just have evening hours and google PDF hunting at their disposal.

I feel with all their display of elitism and the marketing strategy based on it, iRacing has set itself up for this kind of criticism. Now sorry for the OT in the OT and please go back to the usual bantering about nKp
Quote from NightShift : and if he has little time for it, it's obvious he doesn't want to waste half of it copying and pasting around.

10 seconds it took me to join a server. 10 SECONDS. (with nK already fired up) Opened browser, click bookmark, copy ip (taking note of port) paste into lobby. job done.

It's NOT time consuming. Ok, we shouldn't have to do it, but as a workaround its quick and painless. He's making a fuss about nothing.

Quote from Bean0 :It took a 3rd party app to be able to join LFS servers from a link in a browser, even LFSWorld.

Surely there must be someone in the nKPro community who can do the same ?

One of the lastplace guys was going to do it, but it's pretty pointless really as the lobby will be fixed soon anyway.
Everything Kunos said was supposed to be soon...
On a happy note.....
I've just bought the game from playing the demo, just spent the last couple of minutes downloading all the extra tracks!! Even tried, really badly, going around Monaco in the FF1800 heheheheh. Just need to concentrate on 1 track and venture online.
Quote from Mattesa :iRacing, I think feels terrible but seems nobody on this giant ball we call Earth agrees with me.

I didn't enjoy it, but I figured the Solstice is an american car, so maybe it's supposed to be unpleasant to drive.

I never bothered with the setups either, so I was half-blaming the default setups. But generally yeah I agree with you, the driving feel wasn't much fun.
Quote from mrfell :On a happy note.....
I've just bought the game from playing the demo, just spent the last couple of minutes downloading all the extra tracks!! Even tried, really badly, going around Monaco in the FF1800 heheheheh. Just need to concentrate on 1 track and venture online.

Well done

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG