The online racing simulator
Quote from three_jump :Well, given the past development speed I think it's pretty fair to assume that there won't be another patch anytime soon.

The key being..past development. You assume incorrectly
There's something somewhat comforting about the LFS devs in the way they quietly go on with minor bug fixes and language support, all the while flying in the face of intense whining and threads about boredom.

Can't have it all can we?
Quote from NightShift :In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a good part of the thousand new guys on nKp, were actually new drivers who never heard of nKp or simracing before.

Well there's certainly a lot of new guys, but also a hell of a lot of original customers who are loving what's happened with it.
There's also a lot of familiar names from other sims and a surprising amount of LFS'ers
It seems a lot of people are not bothered about what happened in the past and giving 1.03 a go on its own merits.

1.03 is just the start now. Just read the drivingitalia forum and its clear the nKPro team are motivated and listening to what customers want.

Heck, even the iRacing forum at RSC has 1.03 thread, and the comments are very positive in general, especially concerning physics and FFB. That says a lot to me.
Quote from The Moose :The key being..past development. You assume incorrectly

You assume as well... You have nothing but Kunos' word that the frequency of patches will change... He has yet to prove that his words mean anything again...
Quote from bbman :You have nothing but Kunos' word that the frequency of patches will change...

Are you sure about that? Just let this whole subject go and see what happens ehh.
Quote from The Moose :Just read the drivingitalia forum and its clear the nKPro team are motivated and listening to what customers want.

as long as the customers speak italian
Quote from Shotglass :as long as the customers speak italian

What does the customers speaking Italian have to do with anything? The nKPro team don't just read the Driving Italia forum

...or have i just let some German humour go over my head?
Was practicing on Jaaps GPC rank server @ Falkenberg in the 16's quite alot of fun.
Quote from The Moose :What does the customers speaking Italian have to do with anything? The nKPro team don't just read the Driving Italia forum

in the past and apparently still in the present the nkp team hasnt shown much interest in communicating with the international community
the way its been handled always was somehting along the lines of 'screw you if you cant speak italian you should be happy with announcements in barely readable google translator gibberish'
read a badly translated post from kunos on DI, and just wondering, im getting the impression that he will be marketing NK2 as a new game, thus charging for it?
-
(The Moose) DELETED by The Moose
Quote from DeKo :read a badly translated post from kunos on DI, and just wondering, im getting the impression that he will be marketing NK2 as a new game, thus charging for it?

Of course he'll be charging for netKar pro 2, what do you expect? give it away ?

You wont see it for ages.

Quote from Shotglass : apparently still in the present the nkp team hasnt shown much interest in communicating with the international community

Evidence pls! Kunos has made more posts at RSC in the week after 1.03 than he did in the last 2.5 years.

We all know about the past, why some people cant move on i just don't know.

must dash.. another race coming up....
-
(The Moose) DELETED by The Moose
Quote from Shotglass :'screw you if you cant speak italian

If I was to say that I know very little about the nKp community that would be a huge overstatement, my educated guess is you're interpolating a bit too much
Quote from The Moose :Of course he'll be charging for netKar pro 2, what do you expect? give it away ?

You wont see it for ages.

well, to people who have a license, yes. im sure ive read that the hillclimb track/car and the abarth are only coming in 2.0, so people who have bought a license just now will have to pay extra?

i bought a license yesterday, and one of the deciding factors was that the hillclimb stuff have been advertised as coming for ages and the abarth stuff recently, so now im going to have to shell out more money? it costs 35 quid just now, which works out at just over a tenner a car atm.
Quote from DeKo :well, to people who have a license, yes. im sure ive read that the hillclimb track/car and the abarth are only coming in 2.0, so people who have bought a license just now will have to pay extra?

i bought a license yesterday, and one of the deciding factors was that the hillclimb stuff have been advertised as coming for ages and the abarth stuff recently, so now im going to have to shell out more money? it costs 35 quid just now, which works out at just over a tenner a car atm.

You didn't read that article properly did you (we'll blame the crappy translation )

The Hillclimb/Ossela will be in 1.04 or 1.1. Free of charge of course
Quote from The Moose :You didn't read that article properly did you (we'll blame the crappy translation )

The Hillclimb/Ossela will be in 1.04 or 1.1. Free of charge of course

okay right, good. just got confused by kunos jabbering on about a v2.0. gracias for clearing that up.
Quote from The Moose :Evidence pls! Kunos has made more posts at RSC in the week after 1.03 than he did in the last 2.5 years.

how does that stack up to the number of announcements he never bothered to do in english?

Quote :We all know about the past, why some people cant move on i just don't know.

because some people have cried wolf at least once too often
what else is there to forn an oppinion on?

Quote from NightShift :my educated guess is you're interpolating a bit too much

i might not be
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Haven't you heard? It's his job to derail threads with his one line comments. :hide:

I try to keep them to under 10 words; Sometimes I fail.
Quote from Shotglass :what else is there to forn an oppinion on?

Delegated prejudice has worked well in the past - failing that then photoshoped images or, more recently, Untertang videos with spoofed subtitles are always a viable last resort.

Why are you working so hard on turning a perfectly good The Moose into a Jaap mk2? Do we really need more sim-prophets?
Quote from xaotik :Do we really need more sim-prophets?

I must regretably agree, it's all becoming a bit evangelical for my tastebuds
Just got it up and running now. I must say first, I'm suprised how negative some people are being about the overall sim, especially the interface. I was expecting it to be a complete mess, so I was actually quite suprised at how straight forward it was to set up with a bit of patience. It does have it's problems, but I'll go on to them later.

Anyway, in terms of the driving, it's fantastic. Definately up there with the best in terms of feel and physics. I can tell exactly what the car is doing, and slides etc are all catchable.

I'm, guessing the F1600 has an open differential? That would explain the oversteer off the throttle, especially at low speeds, so I see nothing wrong there at all. The force feedback feels spot on too.

Other than the other problems others have pointed out, I have my own niggles now. Firstly, the sound. The samples they have used are terrible quality recordings, and the individual samples aren't blended well at all. I'll be having a proper look some time in the future to see if I can make any improvements to them. Still, they are functional (just).

One major problem I'm having, and more so with this than any other sim, is tearing. Now either I turn on v-sync, and get quite major lag which massively impacts the connection with the car; or I limit the framerate. In other sims I limit to the fps to just under 60, so that I get little to no input lag, and very little tearing. However in NKP the tearing is horrific. Any help or suggestions? Cheers.
Quote from xaotik :Untertang videos with spoofed subtitles

im pretty sure that means vagina
and im not sure if i condone talking vaginas with subtitles... you gotta draw the line somewhere

Quote :Why are you working so hard on turning a perfectly good The Moose into a Jaap mk2?

am i? i hadnt noticed and certainly not intended

Quote :Do we really need more sim-prophets?

wheres the fun in your sim is better than my sim without zealots and a healthy collection of toys in the pram?
also i enjoy your comparison of nkp and the apocalypse which most prophecies seem to be about
Quote from DaveWS :Just got it up and running now. I must say first, I'm suprised how negative some people are being about the overall sim, especially the interface.<snip>

Nice to see you've given it a go Dave.

I wont comment on your opinions lest i get accused of joining the Church Of Kunos and praying at the holy alter of the lord nKPro

Yup the FF1600 has an open diff.

I'm presuming you using a TFT mointor. ( i get no tearing with my CRT but i often watch replays on my smaller TFT and have the same problem. I've played it on my brothers 26" TFT and there's no tearing at all, Ill see what settings he's using and get back to you.

Its worth checking out the nKPro forum at RSC for more info/questions. http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244

The sound should be addressed at a later date. Here a summary of the plans for the next few months:-

"quick and dirty summary:

there will be a new interface, which will be tested by whoever wants to do it; updates will be put on kunos-bside.net so that it will be done with suggestions from users.

there will be a new skin system, which will not replace the old one; it will add to the old one; users will be able to create skins starting from templates and 3 colors to pick. (iRacing style i guess)

there will be a new netcode, written from scratch using the experience kunos got in these years.

there will be a new collision system, which - if it works - should enable wheel to wheel contact

there will be a chat&lobby server.

for 1.04, he plans to use the whole january for development.
for 1.1, which should include the hillclimb, it should come some weeks later.
for 2.0, he plans to have the first car-on-track by the end of january.
if he still spares some time he would like to try to port the audio system to XAudio2

the netcode should come with 1.04, the rest with either 1.04 or 1.1."

There's a hotfix on the way for TH2GO users.
Quote from The Moose :for 1.04, he plans to use the whole january for development.
for 1.1, which should include the hillclimb, it should come some weeks later.

Is that a scheduled public release of 1.1 in February or March, then?

If it appears by February 2009 I'll be shocked.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG