The online racing simulator
Quote from Hyperactive :It's not the looks. It's about the functionality

Not the point other sims don't look like LFS does so it still helps to add to the misconceptions about LFS and the current physics are very different to other sims to get use to. So I can understand why a lot of racers racing GPL or GTR who are looking for a new sim to race download LFS get greeted with an arcade like menu go online to find a load of 12 year olds determined to ruin their race and decide to unistall and go back to the sims they've been racing for ages.

Come to nK and it looks like a serious GUI (maybe less useful but that's not the point it's the impression it creates that matters) click around may crash a few times but if you've come from GPL that is unlikely to put you off in the same way it does the LFS community. By the time they get to exploring the physics they have probably spent longer already had several visits to the forum and are therefore more determined to give it a good try and will spend the maybe 20 minutes it takes to get used to the physics.

Anyone who says they came to LFS and hopped in and drove off without having to spend some time (even if 10 minutes) learning the physics is talking complete bullshit if you've been sufficentley put off by LFS with the demo servers that you don't spend that much time you will not like LFS and you'll also tell other sim racers your (totally uninformed) opinions, just look at the nK Pro thread on this forum for a perfect example of people picking at a sim having not bothered to get used to it.
You can edit the LFS archives to show that track setups, or no?

PD: I was playing with LFS some months ago and i think this is time to buy it!
Quote from ajp71 :Not the point other sims don't look like LFS does so it still helps to add to the misconceptions about LFS and the current physics are very different to other sims to get use to. So I can understand why a lot of racers racing GPL or GTR who are looking for a new sim to race download LFS get greeted with an arcade like menu go online to find a load of 12 year olds determined to ruin their race and decide to unistall and go back to the sims they've been racing for ages.

Come to nK and it looks like a serious GUI (maybe less useful but that's not the point it's the impression it creates that matters) click around may crash a few times but if you've come from GPL that is unlikely to put you off in the same way it does the LFS community. By the time they get to exploring the physics they have probably spent longer already had several visits to the forum and are therefore more determined to give it a good try and will spend the maybe 20 minutes it takes to get used to the physics.

Anyone who says they came to LFS and hopped in and drove off without having to spend some time (even if 10 minutes) learning the physics is talking complete bullshit if you've been sufficentley put off by LFS with the demo servers that you don't spend that much time you will not like LFS and you'll also tell other sim racers your (totally uninformed) opinions, just look at the nK Pro thread on this forum for a perfect example of people picking at a sim having not bothered to get used to it.

Agreed

But I think the audience LFS is trying to get is not after gui looks. I have never been bothered by the looks of the gui in LFS and now that I have got used to the nkpro, it is as good. Some stuff in wrong places but no difference to LFS. I'm pretty happy with both.

I have probably mentioned this earlier but I took me about 6 months to get used to LFS physics, coming from GPL. Let's take the GTP mod for nascar03. The cars feel 100% different than in LFS, you just can't drive them in the same way. And nobody has guts to say that one of them might be poo.

Nkpro is like the GPL or nascar in one view imho. They don't have the negative load that all isi based games do (floating) or LFS does (slippery). And that's why nkpro ccan be accepted by both "parties". Sometimes I feel very strange that LFSsers need to defend their sim so hard against some slightly provocative statements. I just laugh at them. And there is nothing bad if you like rfactor or GTR or nascar03 better than LFS. The main thing is to enjoy the experience, not to play what others think you should
Quote from MikeB :Just a fake - albeit a good one

A very good one indeed. But, hmm
What about the LFS GUI may make it seem arcadey? I really don't get that. Arcadey to me would be an EA F1 like interface. Although I feel the LFS GUI could be much better (like sliders to change values instead of repeatedly having to click buttons, and the overall layout of things), it certainly does it's job quite well and it puts function over form.

Quote :

Well, the impression the nKPro GUI made on me is that it's less usefull and clumsy. So maybe the LFS GUI gives a wrong first impression to some people, the same can be said for nK for different reasons. But I would say that LFS wins it hands down when it comes to GUI, and I'm not saying that as an LFS fan but it's my honest unbiased opinion Not just because of the style, the looks or the approach taken, but simply because of usability reasons. The main being having to leave the actual game to change preferences or options. Sure, i could get used to it, but it don't see myself ever liking it .

Quote :

Sure, i agree with you on that. But they're both sims, so no matter how good and clear you make the GUI, people expecting EA like gameplay will be put off no matter what.
Quote :Some dude in the chatterbox claims that his friend has the patch:
http://www.directupload.net/show/d/669/2H8lfmsJ.jpg

this can be a fake... but doesn't need to. this is a german version. if any of the german beta-testers made this screenshot after the news about AS GT and AS N was out and showed it to some people this can be possible.
Also one thing about LFSW. The user options are too scattered around the place. (can't connect now)
26h ago this topic had 929 posts and 34115 views.
Now this topic has 1362 posts and 52116 views.

Rain? No wai!
o rly?
yes wai!
Quote from joen :hmm, he must have gotten an earlier build of the patch then...

lol
no way that is probably fake too... unless i see a screenshot of rain, and a good screen, not ps'd

ofcourse it's fake
The old blackwood forest guru once said,
"better waste a minute in life, than life in a minute".

i bet im late..but wtf is this at the bottom of the page
Did the site just update? The guru thing on top of the news now?

Getting weirder and weirder
1. Yay, we've got fog!
2. The FO8 is the only car tha get's around that time through BW.

Vain
I love the guru, even if I have no clue what he's talking about.
-
(OPK) DELETED by OPK
@Joen the UI in LFS doesn't look like it's come from the ark (like the Papy ones) nor does it try and over complicate like the ISI ones seem to. Personally I'd of said it looks (at least on first sight) like an Arcade game's UI.
go look!!!
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG