The online racing simulator
Quote from EliteAti :Man, the handling of that sim is totally different then LFS, And i still prefer LFS. But Netcoding of NKpro is just brilliant, If LFS had no latency net...

Last time i played a car that was maybe 3 meters from me just teleported something like 50 cm on my side and I crashed on him!

It never happened to me in LFS
Quote from tristancliffe :surprisingly positive stuff.....

Can you let me know what error messages you are getting pls Tristan, and what you are pressing to get them.

I'll try and sort out some setups as soon as i've sorted some out. The cars kept changing in the final weeks of testing so i haven't got any sets that im happy with yet.

I'll try and find out where the ride height is measured from for you. I'm sure i wasn't running them at 40/60 though. It was lower than that but not as low as your figures.

Cant say i have much problem catching slides. Braking still feels a bit odd to me as well though at 100% on the brake multiplier. Try 80% and see if that helps.

Glad to hear your having fun with it anyway. Just stay well away from the FF1600 servers, it's demo hell out there :P
Somehow I can't change my ffb-settings neither in-game nor by changing the scale-value in the controls.ini!? But except for that, the handling of the 1600 is great.
Just started downloading.

Does it have chase view? :hide:
Quick mid-game question. With the pedals view on, what's the grey bar on the right? Seems to move with bumps and stuff.
Quote from Hoshimodo :Somehow I can't change my ffb-settings neither in-game nor by changing the scale-value in the controls.ini!? But except for that, the handling of the 1600 is great.

Are you changing your FF setting in the actual setup screen (in the garage)?

You want your FF set at 100% in the main controls config page, then make all your adjustments in the garage under the 'SETUP2' tab. Use the gain setting to increase/decrease the FFB. ( i recommend turning the damping and friction settings to 0 in there as well)
Quote from tristancliffe :Quick mid-game question. With the pedals view on, what's the grey bar on the right? Seems to move with bumps and stuff.

Steering from the center position as far as i can see.
Thanks Moose....that did the trick
No, it seems to be something to do with FFB I think. If I go to full lock, it goes up as I turn, but when I reach full lock it goes back down to zero - i.e. it only registers when the steering is actually moving.
Quote from tristancliffe :No, it seems to be something to do with FFB I think.

Yup, i think you've cracked it Its how much force is on the wheel.

Still, turn the bloody thing off. . I never even knew it was there that slipped completely under my radar.

Pls let me know what error messages you are getting. I haven't seen any other reports of error messages yet, apart from someone who didn't update their DirectX. It will all help getting nKPRo to a better level asap.

If nKPro can get the Tristan seal of approval I'll know Kunos is on to something
Tristan, do you have autocluch turned off (misc) Everyone else that tested with clutch had it working ok. Some people reported stalling, but with the clutch speed settings set as they are in Japp's default set there were no reported problems at all.
So far, so good. Still getting a feel for it.
alright so the game is still not bad
the demo servers are utter hell but the netcode works fine and i didnt notice any framedrops with ~10 cars in front of me
the defualt setup is nasty but i get by

unfortunately the whole thing is let down by the woeful gearbox simulation which is still active even with the engine off and useless when the engine is running... almost bad enough to make me put it down and forget about it for another 2 years (ie until 1.04 is out)
Is the wheel supposed to shake like crazy when driving straight or do I have to change another option in Profiler? (DFP)
Quote from Shotglass :alright so the game is still not bad
the demo servers are utter hell but the netcode works fine and i didnt notice any framedrops with ~10 cars in front of me
the defualt setup is nasty but i get by

unfortunately the whole thing is let down by the woeful gearbox simulation which is still active even with the engine off and useless when the engine is running... almost bad enough to make me put it down and forget about it for another 2 years (ie until 1.04 is out)

Blah blah...

It seem's you want NKP to fail whatever so what was the point in you trying the demo?
Quote from mclarenmatt :Blah blah...

It seem's you want NKP to fail whatever so what was the point in you trying the demo?

Just ignore him. He's gained troll status.

If you fancy Ftarget at spa matt, check the Beta forum for the pw
Quote from zeugnimod :Is the wheel supposed to shake like crazy when driving straight or do I have to change another option in Profiler? (DFP)

turn down the FF options in "setup 2" (you'll find that if you're in your pitbox)

edit: to be a little more exact, kunos advices people with shaking wheels to turn FF DAMPING and FF FRICTION to 0%
Quote from zeugnimod :Is the wheel supposed to shake like crazy when driving straight or do I have to change another option in Profiler? (DFP)

Or try to change the tires....maybe you've flatspotted them during excessive braking
Quote from The Moose :Just ignore him. He's gained troll status.

glad its so easy for you to ignore perfectly valid criticism
Quote from Hoshimodo :Or try to change the tires....maybe you've flatspotted them during excessive braking

I think that was it.
now that you are talking about it, what are the ideal wingman profile settings for the G25? Just like the lfs ones?
Quote from The Moose :Just ignore him. He's gained troll status.

If you fancy Ftarget at spa matt, check the Beta forum for the pw

Will check it out mate

Edit:// Server seem's to have gone.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Will check it out mate

Edit:// Server seem's to have gone.

Yup sorry. The guys wanted to test something out....
Quote from Shotglass :glad its so easy for you to ignore perfectly valid criticism

Maybe you could try explaining what exactly is wrong with the gearbox simulation with the engine running?
I seem to be running out of gas or something... I qualify, and then the car just dies on lap 1 or 2 of the race. Then I can't restart it in the pits, nor can I find where to add fuel in the garage. I'm sure once I learn the ropes all these little "immersion" features will be fine, but starting out it's a PITA. Main? Click. Ignition? Click. Car starting? Nope. Gas? Who knows...

Overall it feels good, still getting used to it. Catching slides seems overly easy in the 1600, and using the brakes to turn the car or trim mid corner speed does seem to induce an unrecoverable spin as per Trsitan's post.
Gearbox feels fine to me.

I do like the trackside flags though...

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG