The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :The standard of driving is absolutely crap on the servers running the FF1600's at the moment. That's to be expected on day one though i guess. Don't let it put you off

Im having some trouble when i try to sign buttuns the button on my driving force pro a paddle shift buttom doenst work ingame.

And im used to put the clutch there
I won my first face on a full server of F1600's! The guy in second was slowly gaining but then ran out of fuel bwahaha. *hides spare fuel can*

I think this feels fantastic. The car feels great. Looks great too. Feels like a proper hardcore sim. I am very positive about buying this now.
Damn what great news to wake up to. Going to try it now...
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Im having some trouble when i try to sign buttuns the button on my driving force pro a paddle shift buttom doenst work ingame.

And im used to put the clutch there

No reason for it not to work. Have you read the manual properly? I'll try it out on my brothers DFP when i see him later if you haven't got it sorted out by then.

Quote from Gills4life :I won my first face on a full server of F1600's! The guy in second was slowly gaining but then ran out of fuel bwahaha. *hides spare fuel can*

I think this feels fantastic. The car feels great. Looks great too. Feels like a proper hardcore sim. I am very positive about buying this now.

Nice to hear that Gills The response has been virtually all positive so far. Yes, there are things that need sorting out still(and are being) but it's getting there
Quote from three_jump :I'm still not able to figure out how to setup my dfp properly with a linear steering.

900° degrees in the profiler and linear in the options but it's nowhere linear. and clicking on the manual button does nothing than sending adobe to eating some ram and cpu

EDIT:
how to setup steering isn't even mentioned in the manual...

Set up a profile for nKP (point it at nks.exe) and set the wheel turn to 400 degrees. It's spot on!
Quote from Doorman :Set up a profile for nKP (point it at nks.exe) and set the wheel turn to 400 degrees. It's spot on!

finally
Thanks for the help Mr Moose !
SpikeyMarcoD just announced he is having a NetKarPro LAN party at his place in 2009. Sign up here NOW!!!
I'm in!!
Quote from The Moose :Reported. Never seen that happen before, and i cant reproduce it.

I can. You need to set the a high number of degrees in the profiler for it to become a problem.

Most likely there is some hardcoded threshold of input axis movement you need to cross before the steer button will detect the movement and assign the axis to itself. With a high number of degrees lock to lock normal steering input is too small to cross this threshold unless you jerk it about violently.
Quote from wien :I can. You need to set the a high number of degrees in the profiler for it to become a problem.

Most likely there is some hardcoded threshold of input axis movement you need to cross before the steer button will detect the movement and assign the axis to itself. With a high number of degrees lock to lock normal steering input is too small to cross this threshold unless you jerk it about violently.

Thanks, i'll report your findings.
is there anyway to get rid of the autoclutch in the demo?
Something is horribly wrong. No one at RSC has moaned yet.
Quote from three_jump :is there anyway to get rid of the autoclutch in the demo?

Its under MISC in the setup options (in the garage)
Quote from The Moose :Its under MISC in the setup options (in the garage)

oh lord... who the heck designed this interface? a blind one?
Quote from three_jump :oh lord... who the heck designed this interface? a blind one?

I don't see a problem with it. I never did though.
For anyone with an H shifter, here's how to set it up.

"cfg\actlabs.ini set from 0 to 1 and assign the shifter buttons. I used lfs to tell me which buttons were which numbers.......if you see what I mean.

[SHIFTER]
ACTIVE=1
GEAR_R=0
GEAR_1=8
GEAR_2=9
GEAR_3=10
GEAR_4=11
GEAR_5=12
GEAR_6=13
JOY=0 (whatever controller number it is) "

Thanks to Doorman for that one
Quote from The Moose : I don't see a problem with it. I never did though.

once you know where all those options are hidden... i'd expect tose things not in the actual car setup but next to where you setup the steering and shifting config.
Quote from three_jump :once you know where all those options are hidden...

I guess so. nKPRo was one of the first proper sims i tried, so none of that worried me at all. I found it twice as hard to configure anything in LFS when i got it

Lets call it Italian logic at work
Quote from The Moose :Something is horribly wrong. No one at RSC has moaned yet.

This isn't RSC, but here's one.

The sound is bleemin 'orrible. No feedback whatsoever and that completely destroys the immersion for me. I really miss the Scazzartiorfghm compared to this thing. Any word on that making a return any time soon or do I just have to get over it?
Quote from wien :This isn't RSC, but here's one.

The sound is bleemin 'orrible. No feedback whatsoever and that completely destroys the immersion for me. I really miss the Scazzartiorfghm compared to this thing. Any word on that making a return any time soon or do I just have to get over it?

Thats what a 1600 zetec sounds like when you have a helmet on.

Of course the sounds other than the engines sounds are rather laughable, but then so are the sounds in LFS.
Quote from wien :This isn't RSC, but here's one.

You and me both. I've managed to adjust the sound sliders so its acceptable, but i always much preferred scazzato. I think its time to start a "bring back scazzato" thread at RSC
Quote from 5haz :I find the sounds quite realistic, that is what a 1600 zetec engine sounds like when you have a halmet on.

If your car makes that kind of artificial noise when changing gear, something is terribly wrong. It's just *boink* and you're in another gear with correct revs. No sign of the engine struggling or the clutch slipping as the gear engages.
Yes... oh yes... OH YES... YEAH!!!

This is fantastic! FANTASTIC! The car feels so alive and so dynamic. There seems to be a proper oversteer/understeer physics model now. The car can definitely slide both ends and the best part... you can control it! Power oversteer, lift oversteer, scandanavian oversteer, trail braking oversteer... it's all here. The graphics are beautiful as they always have been. The sense of immersion is beyond anything I've tried so far. The force feedack is great as well.

iRacing. I never got the hang of it (1.2.0.0.torrent). I always thought something was seriously wrong with the physics. The Skip Barber that everyone praises as the second coming to me felt stiff and disconnected and unintutive to drive somehow. Netkar Pro just confirms my feelings. The FF1600 is so so so SO far beyond what iRacing offers in the Skippy. It's lively and playful, with believeable behaviour over the limit.

I'm very very impressed. I like it, a lot. I'm thinking of purchasing it, but I'll wait for a month to see what the player traffic is like, even though I'll probably purchase it regardless. This the only sim I've tried where it's actually fun to hotlap by myself. It's got soul baby, it's got soul.

Now... off to RSC to say the same thing there...

---

I don't know why I feel like I should thank the beta team...

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG