The online racing simulator
Cmon devs, we want a vid showing the tire improvement haha j/k.
The devs are evil, so very evil...
tires3.jpg is most probably a new Aston config.
Attached images
comparison.jpg
Quote from Killernap :also check out on the aston pics there are lamps now!

Does that mean what I hope it means?
Quote from evans :Yeah, that's a good possibility. I was getting worried when I saw the rear tyre of the GTI almost going off the rim.

They've also stuffed the thing full of people, so it does seem like a "tyre-physics-promotional-shot".

Wow if the surprise is night racing it would be so awesome !!!
Quote from Yaamboo :Here's the position of that Aston picture.

Major difference there being spotlights.....hrrm...surprise feature == night racing???
Also where's the location of the GTi pic?

And that pic got me thinking it would be nice if the tires could de-rim

@Orion: I believe wings are like this already. FZR always had a more angled wing.
Quote from noemfie :Wow if the surprise is night racing it would be so awesome !!!

OMGWTFBBQPRWNS!1

(Yes it would be :razz

there are lamps in other pics too... hmmmmmm..
Quote from wien :They've also stuffed the thing full of people, so it does seem like a "tyre-physics-promotional-shot".

Check the LF of that, outside edge. More deformationg goodness!
Quote from evans :The big question now is, do they tyres "deform" too much?

And the big answer now is: Yes, they do.

Quote from danowat :I hope its just the way I am reading it, I hope the tyre model isnt being "dumbed down" to make handling easier and "more fun"

I think a lot of older-schooler LFS racers think along these same lines. I've seen a few posting stuff about how hard it was to drive the LXs in S1 and so on, but let's face it the way grip works at the moment isn't realistic.

The only downside, maybe, is that this will level the playing field a bit and give less of a benefit to those who've been involved in LFS from the start. The biggest upside, coincidentally, is exactly the same - because it should result in closer racing for everybody.

Other benefits include: Less startled newbies losing their car during seemingly straightforward and un-dangerous manoeuvres and causing pile-ups, less messing about trying to negotiate slow corners extra-cautiously because they're (counter-intuitively) the most dangerous corners on the circuit. Greater popularity for the slipperier, currently bizarrely-handling RWDs (LX6, XRT, FZ50, RAC). Probably more, but I'm sick and my brain's not working very well...

I've been hoping for this update since I got started with LFS at the start of S2. It's been a year coming, but hopefully this will literally make the sim for me.
XFG full of people with minimum tyre pressure is my guess.. just to show the deformation which CAN be acomplished
Quote from Tukko :there are lamps in other pics too... hmmmmmm..

There does seem to be an abundance of lamps about all of a sudden. But will they just have lit the circuits or will we have working headlamps?

If they've implemented dynamic lighting from headlamps I'll wet myself.
Quote from evans :Yeah, that's a good possibility. I was getting worried when I saw the rear tyre of the GTI almost going off the rim.

Road cars have tyres which doesn't have too much air in them. That is normal of course. So take your moms car (if it has tyres with high sidewall) and put it into a powerslide during cornering (moms drive fwds mostly so that can take some handbraking ). Have a friend watching you from a side and i bet he'll tell you "damn those tyres looked like almost going off the rim!"
believe me, i've tryed it

note that low profile slicks look like they are handling the pressure without too much stress
nevermind (edited)
Is it the beer in me or does the sky look somehow better in the FXR pic?
lol csimpok, it's possible to see that. Had to look twice, too.
I reckon the flexing is a combination of the sidewall update and the tyre update, which may make the tyres look that high-pressured when in fact they don't have that much pressure in them. Looks exciting, must say!

I think the lights are just preparation for the inevitable eventuality of racing in the dark. Aston has quite a few places with floodlights already. I wouldn't expect the feature to be released in the next patch but the future looks bright
I think the lamps are just there to enhance the feeling of speed a bit. The more stuff next to the track, the greater the sense of speed.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
I think the lights are just preparation for the inevitable eventuality of racing in the dark.

I think the same, even if we don't know when it's gonna happen.

A surprise? Would be a bit too much if you ask me.. we can't push this possibility away though
btw as long as i can keep the car sideways (even if i have to relearn) ill be happy..

grip is good for boredom.. :P
Boy oh boy, I can't wait to chew up a pair of these new tires.
maybe the surprise is an update for every day of the month for the rest of this month? The best birthday present I got that i didn't get yet
The best money yet spent on a game. Its worth it just to read the updates.
My birthday is on the 19th of April (next wednesday) I hope they are not going to be late!
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG