The online racing simulator
OMG, just got home after missing yesterday's update also and the new dashes look amazing! Then, more importantly, the tyre physics! :wow: That flex model is amazing! Is LFS the first sim to actually model tyre flex, nevermind to this extent? AMAZING, DEVS! Can't wait now!
Quote from Darkone55 :Not really;

Yep.. My ignorance has already been thoroughly demonstrated.
Quote from axus :Then, more importantly, the tyre physics! :wow: That flex model is amazing! Is LFS the first sim to actually model tyre flex, nevermind to this extent? AMAZING, DEVS! Can't wait now!

The tyres were already flexing in the S2 K demo

Maybe even S1... dont remember
Not like that at any rate. I meant other simulation all together - netKar Pro doesn't have this to my knowledge, nor do rFactor, GTR, GTL etc...
The update talks about fixes for situations where there should be more grip, but not sutiations where there should be less grip. Are the FWD cars still going to get fast race starts when they spin the tires?
Quote from ORION :The tyres were already flexing in the S2 K demo

Maybe even S1... dont remember

S1 had tyre deformation, yes.
Quote from nosushi :hope the drifting dont die

I'll bet large amount of drifters will not be happy with the new physics because they hopefully can't do drifting anymore in totally unrealistic angles with unrealistically low grip. Drifting is good prove of the physics engine but I'm not really sure is this "drifting simulation" reputation good for LFS. Hopefully that will change after the patch.

-----------

Car models looks the same... so LX4/LX6 model still says at "W.I.P." stage? That would be actually good for skinning... no need to remake them.

Does that curb in the FXR/new aston config pic look somehow weird? It's deep in the middle. All the other curbs in the screens still look the same for me. I was hoping for better FF feeling while driving over the curbs (but not like that kind of shaking that nK Pro has ).

And I don't think we'll get night racing yet. The screens doesn't have a new lighting which would be required for that.
Quote :Does that curb in the FXR/new aston config pic look somehow weird? It's deep in the middle. All the other curbs in the screens still look the same for me...

It looks like the curbs at Blackwood.
Looking at it closely, I think that in previous versions the tyre couldn't deform in such a way to seperate from the edge of the wheel. Now, if you look closely at the XFG screenie, it seems to be able to do that... or is that just me?
Quote from ORION :hm TORRO Falcon R2 could be the text

I make it TORRO Falcon RZ.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :yes, and they should have complex emotions.
like when one leans too much into another they should get angry at each other or start a new relationship.

LMAO

btw if my keyboard stops working now that you made me laugh beer out of my nose, i'm sending you the bill.
as in Z rated, would it really be fair to have the tyre compound printed for all to see?
My main questions about tyres are: What are the optimal tyre pressures now? In the S2 Alpha demo people were running excessively high pressures (45psi in the GTi iirc) and in the current S2 the best pressures seem to be rather low (often as low as 15psi). Does running too high a pressure now have a significant effect on the footprint of the tyre, and does using too low a pressure mean the tyre moves around a lot, resulting in running on the sideway and even on the rim?
Quote :Does that curb in the FXR/new aston config pic look somehow weird? It's deep in the middle. All the other curbs in the screens still look the same for me. I was hoping for better FF feeling while driving over the curbs (but not like that kind of shaking that nK Pro has ).

Deggis is this what u saw.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/11011/diagram.jpg
i'm not a good artist. Sry it's so big lol
The traction issue was, it seemed to me, the big thing anticipated in the new patch. Victor seems to be updating us with bigger/more significant updates.. logically to me, there are now two possibilities. Either tomorrow is the arrival of the new patch (what could be bigger news than the tyres?) or tomorrow could be "a nice surprise", as has been hinted at by Victor before, and then SUNDAY will see the patch. Easter Sunday!! An Easter release!!

I don't know if either of these are possible. To me, the sidewalls was a nice surprise. And then again.. so was the new dashboard. Could there be an even bigger surprise coming?

As for arriving on my birthday.. whenever it arrives, it will feel like birthday and Christmas combined!
Attached images
end.jpg
Based on this comparison shot (http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=7994&d=1145031156), it looks like the car model has been reworked. Especially the rear and front. The rear seems to have been stretched, the rear bumper enlarged and the light cluster reworked while the front seems to have been shortened. The viewing angle is slightly different in the two shots but I think there are real differences in the model itself.
Quote from axus :Looking at it closely, I think that in previous versions the tyre couldn't deform in such a way to seperate from the edge of the wheel. Now, if you look closely at the XFG screenie, it seems to be able to do that... or is that just me?

S1 tyre deformation attached. A bit hard to spot, but it is in fact "off the rim". Certainly has improved a lot though.
Attached images
S1tyre.jpg
Quote :"a nice surprise", as has been hinted at by Victor before, and then SUNDAY will see the patch. Easter Sunday!! An Easter release!!

i have said that for 2 days now!
I don't believe we'll get it this soon... 1-2 weeks more teasers.
That curb in FXO GTR picture looks floting in the air a bit. Maybe its an illusion or its bugged.
On the 5th day, Eric gives us the new Aston config (or two)
On the 6th day, Scawen gives us the "nice surprise" (that there is no patch at all lol)
On the 7th day they have a rest and we get the new patch (or if not, then next week)
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG