The online racing simulator
#52 - XmaX
Thanks guys, but i overwrite a file and that dont worked so im posted it again.... i try it again

Max
Quote from XmaX :dont if thats a bug but, see in my atteched file.

6 LED's in FZR

I noticed it too, and I managed to know what 5 of them are, except the first one (from the left to the right)

respectively:
don't know, engine (on/off), red light, speed limiter, lights (G), 'pisca' thing (7-8-9-0)

What is the first one? I thought it could be ABS or traction control, but FZR doesn't have any of these

The patch is awesome, thanks devs
No bugs found yet
[OT]nope my mums Vitara is 2.0Litre ^^ 138hp [/OT]
Yep, you have to overwrite the correct file. The one LFS uses is the one without the holes, that's the one to overwrite.
love the force feed back coming thro the wheel!!!!!!!!
I think the new lights are like that : (See attachment)
Attached images
lfs_lights.jpg
Nice with a little patch before scirocco release
Quote from alex_du_77 :I think the new lights are like that : (See attachment)

Probably the "oil temp" are lights.
Sometimes car looks like it is flying (car is not moving)
Attached images
lfs_00000039.jpg
lfs_00000040.jpg

There's no oil indicator that's the red light for shifting, but thanks you remembered me of the HANDBRAKE. That is what the first light is on about

so, the correct list:

Handbrake, engine on/off, revs redline, lights, pit lane limiter, hazard/indicator lights

The oil temp is the revs redline ofcourse.

Or is it... Damn I´s so confused nowWWw

EDIT: nah veloci was faster..
Sorry, I don't remenber there is red light for shifting because I disabled this light
From my post over in the other thread

Blue = lights are on or off
Green = Pit line limiter
Yellow = Hazard/indicator lights

Edit: from what i know it is a new feature for the new patch because in patch Z the lights are in a different order but in 0.6A the lights are rearranged to handbrake, Not sure, rev limiter, lights, pit limiter, Hazard/indicator lights.

Edit 2: from what i can tell the xrr has an oil light warning so i am guessing it could be for that.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1005783#post1005783
Could you please move the gear numger in the external views back where it was?
Other then that, Great Work!
Thanks scawen

I love the ABS. Im driving with mouse and i allways had the problem with no braking or full braking.. so glad my prayers have been heard
Thank you coders!

Is this FZR's cocpit only mine issue? That white stripes.
Seems to me, like textures are bit away? While looking to the sides then appears and disappers...
Everything else seems to be okey.
Attached images
fzr_z4.JPG
fzr_z.JPG
Quote from Shadowww :There IS a demo cruise, just it is private. It is always full, and there is no cheaters, trust me.

Can you send me the password through PM? Thanks!
Quote from Michalxo :Thank you coders!

Is this FZR's cocpit only mine issue? That white stripes.

I don´t have that problem
Quote from Anzeee :You fail. First buy license, than comment. If people on demo cruise servers cant drive, that dont mean that they cant on licensed too. I saw many good drivers on cruise servers, so your theory failed.

And good job for patch !

I already saw how far cop vehicle can fly after hitting a barrier using LFSRemote, so, i will never cruise in S2. Cruising in single player with AI's as police even is better!
Quote from Shadowww :I already saw how far cop vehicle can fly after hitting a barrier using LFSRemote, so, i will never cruise in S2. Cruising in single player with AI's as police even is better!

That barrier thing is fixed (minor bugs may be) so cars wont fly anymore.
Secong thing BUY S2!!!
ABS brakes, yuck
I deeply hope there will be a server side option to force abs on/off. If you don't use it while others do, you are giving up a huge advantage. I haven't tested complete laps, but i did a braking test.
Car used was xrg, brake force at maximum(1840Nm) with and without abs, 810Nm without abs(typical for current setups).

Findings:
With abs you can trail brake as deep into the corner as you want, not having to worry about flatspots whatsoever. On top you will maintain perfect controllability over the car. Also as the back to front weight shift has been done already and deceleration is somewhat constant, car's behavior remains very predictable and stable.
Abs also reacts very quickly, around ~0.02s from the moment of abs engaging to disengaging. At 153km/h abs allows wheel speed to drop to 106km/h before taking action. At 73 km/h the same figure is 55km/h. I don't know what kind of speed differences real abs systems allow, so can't comment on this.

To compare braking distance i did a 160-0 brake test with xrg and analyzed the rafs with f1perfview. Results and graph are attached.
It can quickly be seen that with abs you achieve far greater avarage deceleration from 160-60 km/h, the difference is nearly 9%. As a result braking distance is shortened by 10 meters and it takes 0.25 seconds less to do so. This combined with being able to brake deeper into the corner with zero risk of flatspotting, you really can't be competitive without abs.
Keeping in mind this was with road_normal tyres, I'm fairly sure the differences would be even greater with road_super.

In essence the abs takes away from the challenge of driving these cars. It becomes dull and boring when you can get that perfect braking everytime without flatspots. The challenge and fun of trailbraking deep into the corner and keeping the car balanced while doing so is what motivates and rewards drivers. Learning driving techniques and mastering them is what should make a driver faster, not a button to enable abs.
Also now it really doesn't make a difference whether you drive with keyboard, mouse or wheel. Each of them can be equally fast, mouse probably being the fastest on the low power road cars.

I am not trying to say abs cannot be this effective, but driving aids should make it easier to drive around the circuit, not faster. In the older versions brake help eliminated some of the lock-ups, but it certainly didn't shorten your braking distances or make your laptimes quicker. LFS is supposed to be a pc simulator, but seeing how easy these cars are becoming to control it's ready to be ported into a console game.
Also i would like to know which road car racing series, or any racing series for that matter, allow the use of abs.
Attached images
xrg_longaccel.png
xrg_abs.png
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z4 - online compatible (no VW)
(188 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG