The Tracks
Drifting
The Girls
The Fights/ramming
STFU about other sims ATL, or i will kill you
I just got here
Friends with Dev
occupying yourself while you wait for GT5
The Tuner-like cars, and to keep me waiting for GT5 (Or any other interesting racing game....)
I tried one of the first versions. Liked it but couldn't get used to mouse steering.

Years later i bought a wheel, did one demorace and bought S2 and asked myself why i didn't do that years earlier
Why do I play LFS? Idk, cause I'm used to it? I enjoy it (drifting, racing and the opportunity to relax and cruise), has good (not perfect) physics and dynamics, and runs nicely with a fully loaded field.

GPL still has it for me, until LFS gets more tracks/cars/features
Quote from joen :Weird options mostly.

I didn't choose LFS, it chose me

Actually it was some sort of "click" I had with it, not easy to put into words. It just felt right, it wasn't like anything I had played before. The physics, the cars and tracks, the feeling I got from it, the simplicity and clearness of the interface, the easiness of getting a race online, the skinning abilities, later on the community, the way you feel connected with the game because of how the sim is developed and the way the devs interact with the community, the list goes on.

yep... that's the feeling
Definately physics closely followed by online ability which has improved loads.

EDIT Looks like everyone agrees with me exactly
Quote from BURN :HAHA actually no! I asked what i was interested in! But if you wanna know ... Girls who can drive are damn sexy.. can help myself in that TBH

I hope you don't just mean girls with a drivers license....

Although I do have to agree with you, I also has this guilty crush on women who can drive better than me.

The main reason I started here was because I couldn't afford to start Rallying for real. I now, however, can afford it but still play LFS (well, Rallying for 6 hrs straight can be VERY expensive).

I have ticked "For the physics" but that's really the reason I stay, when I started we had S1 which while it wasn't a bad game (certainly was better than many games I have seen), the physics weren't (at the time) much special. What really got me to stay in the early days was the fact that Scavier (contrary to peoples opinions in this thread) were putting out updates as quickly as the team at EA Games when I was QA testing for them, and EA have a few more Developers on their team than Scavier do.

That and when the updates did come out, they worked, which was a VERY nice change from working as a QA Tester.

:soapbox::haha:
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I didn't choose anything, i wasn't looking for anything, i came across it by luck and thought it looked fun, downhill since then

same!
I was shown the STCC broadcasts and, well, here we are.

Oh and this was a multi-choice poll - I think I voted for quite a few options back then...
I found one of the earlier S1 patches as a free demo on PC Gamer (I think. This was about 4 years ago), and loved it. Soon after, got my S1, and a year later had to go for S2
why did i choose LFS?
It was at the top of the page after a goggle search.
The reason i chose LFS is because it was highly recommended by a few people i know from ovalbangerchat.co.uk mainly for the reason that other things such as need for speed, you can barrel roll for 50 yards or hit something at approximately stupid mph and not lose so much as a wing mirror. I like realism, and LFS has it. Thats it for me.
Flatout has much cooler damages than LFS... :/
And a much better multiplayer mode (or rather, party) That's some funny shit.
Honestly, I came only for the BF1.06, and its still really the only car I drive.
I chose LFS back in 2003 for the physics, its also the reason I left LFS in 2008.
You wanna know the real reason? This isn't the reason why I bought S2, but the reason why I downloaded the demo....

You could put on the hazard lights. I mean, what an amazing feature, what other racing game has that, and using indicators too!!
Quote from KhalidAbuKhafes :You wanna know the real reason? This isn't the reason why I bought S2, but the reason why I downloaded the demo....

You could put on the hazard lights. I mean, what an amazing feature, what other racing game has that, and using indicators too!!

Even though it sounds stupid, it is a pretty neat selling point.
I didn't. LFS has chosed me, and didn't let go
i was searching the interwebs along time ago and found LFS (0.3H)

ive loved it ever since
so i chose i just got here
Easy, my PC cant run rfactor/ GTR evo efficiently and i haven't upgraded yet
Why did I choose LFS? Well... i was bored of cracking . Nah... seriously? ... ok... well... that was serious....

... oh and i wanted to try online game finally... and ... Bob's mythical tweak supposed to be released around the time I bought LFS :P... well.. it wasn't, and I still don't regreat buying LFS ^^. Great sim ... ohhh... and I love the physics, i've learned a lot about cars thx to LFS(diffs, gears, suspension etc etc etc). I've been playing LFS since... early S1 version i suppose... cracking it all the time... omg... yeah... I was a sinner .
I like the fact that you can drive side by side with 31 other cars, so the multiplayer abilities are the key, obviously with the good physics (albeit it has serious bugs, with lag or wind).
Also here in my country there is a big Argentinian community, lfsla.net so its nice to race and see each other in real events.

why did you choose LFS?
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG