The online racing simulator
Quote from BruTaLysT :Why does it seem so damn hard to configure a graphics card..

It isn't.. it never USED TO BE anyway. Now it is difficult because for the past couple years both company's (ATI, NV) drivers are total crap in many ways- including changing image quality settings. NV drivers are the worst.. buggy and unstable at best, totally nonfunctional at worst.
NHancer helps, bet sometimes that doesn't even completely do the trick because the guy writing the program has to keep catching up with the idiotic driver changes/malfunctions/bug/etc....

I gave up on ATI a long time ago- stupid drivers that take up all your ram and are slower, then NV went the same way with the "new" control panel that actually just takes many functions away compared to the old CP and "coolbits" and other tweaks. --EDIT-- and breaks profiles.

It is not your fault, it is just crappy drivers.

[/end rant]
should the bloom addon be added to the 1st page?
ATI's latest drivers only take up a small amount of ram now, infact they always have for me. Actualy now that I look at it, I'm running an older graphics card on the computer I'm using now and it has catalyst 6.11 on here, thats the last version that supported this card and it only takes up 3356kb of ram which is aprox. 3.27mb.

My other computer running the latest catalyst (8.11 I think) is sitting at 7440kb which is aprox. 7.26mb. When you have even 512mb of ram you shouldent be worrying about 7mb, my printer and sound drivers take up more than that each. I have 2gb of ram so I don't look at it that way.

Unless you are running on 128mb of ram, 7mb isn't a big loss.

Most people look at those 4 digit numbers in task manager and go OMG! ATI drivers are HUGE! when they realy arn't. They are bigger than they where before, but considering the fact that windows 98 SE fit into ~600mb including the .cab files and Windows XP after SP2 takes up ~3gb. you have to consider that software is expanding, it's taking more lines of code to make things work than it did 10 years ago.
Quote from l33t-krew :is there any way to move the screen? Ive got 2x24" @ 3840x1200 with your custom stuff (45nm quad with 8800GTX sli). However the middle of the screen sits EXACTLY where I want to see and the space in the middle is offputting.

I cant connect my 3rd 24" which is a shame because it would solve my problems

For dual screens: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=31026
There are two versions in the thread if necessary.
My LFS
Why reduce the LOD? Does it look better lower?
Higher LOD's look better, iirc.

Try upping them it looks like you have plenty of FPS left to spare.

Mip Bias's are the one's where you want them lower (again, iirc)
Graphics
Quote from RaceUK :With settings on maximum in LFS and Nvidia Control Panel

http://i446.photobucket.com/al ... /LFSTCTurbo/westhill1.png

My actual settings inside LFS

http://i446.photobucket.com/al ... TCTurbo/turbosettings.png

Raceuk,

This configuration is very good, but when change "Full-Scene Antialiasing to 8x, the sound of the engine of the car FXR is changed, change, interferences, it seems to hum with bees and you think that stopped running.
You know how to fix it.

Excuse my English

Att,

Pjuniorbra - Brazil

Messed up my game, but still. Seemend like that its useful tool, not for me
=@
It all depends what gfx card you have. i have a fairly old ati hd2600 pro. If i run those settings it looks brilliant, but i get about 5 fps!
Quote from BruTaLysT :Why does it seem so damn hard to configure a graphics card. The whole topic does not point to LFS nessesarily, but is all about the basic configurations of a videocard. It should be the first things you need to learn about graphics.

I also never had any difficulties to get Antialias ingame, or the right Anisotropic filtering. Why does is seem so much pain in the ass to get this right? Never configured these settings for any of the other games you have played? This is nothing new at all.
[snip]

Ok then, if that's so easy for you...
share with the rest of the community the specific settings in either Geforce 182.06 or 182.08 drivers' control panel (and/or any additional settings in nHancer or any other tool's) along with the exact ingame settings (LFS patch Z) so that the XFX 8800GTX doesn't produce bloody shimmering for example 2 corners after the 2nd spilt in Westhill International (or before the 1st split in the reverse layout)!

I've tried and I've tried and I've tried... I don't even remember how many drivers and tools I have tried.. nada. I only managed to reduce shimmering quite a bit at those WE1 areas I said above (haven't tested any other track, or game for that matter... just got the card), by maxing SAA (4x4) combined with the 'Enhance ingame AA' setting in nhancer and setting FAA to 16x ingame. But it never disappears completely, and it reduces fps of course.
Since I got my new laptop a few weeks ago I tought I'd try to tweak the settings to the best so LFS looks godlike. Here is how it comes out following Jack's advices.

Maybe I'm too perfectionist but I stil see some jaggies around the roof. Is it only me?

4x to 32x is the same thing. With 32x AA I get like 30FPS but no graphic imrprovement.
Attached images
RAW.jpg
Quote from Riders Motion :Since I got my new laptop a few weeks ago I tought I'd try to tweak the settings to the best so LFS looks godlike. Here is how it comes out following Jack's advices.

Maybe I'm too perfectionist but I stil see some jaggies around the roof. Is it only me?

4x to 32x is the same thing. With 32x AA I get like 30FPS but no graphic imrprovement.

Invest in a higher resolution screen then
Quote from MijnWraak :Invest in a higher resolution screen then

Agreed. I can clearly see the difference between 4-32. Even 4-8.
Quote from Riders Motion :Since I got my new laptop a few weeks ago I tought I'd try to tweak the settings to the best so LFS looks godlike. Here is how it comes out following Jack's advices.

There is no point is using such high AA when your res is 1280x800, Check the rar file to see the difference in 1920x1200 to 1280x800.

http://www.mercuryracingteam.com/admin/files/Pics.rar
Quote from Riders Motion :4x to 32x is the same thing. With 32x AA I get like 30FPS but no graphic imrprovement.

Have you checked that your graphics card is capable of doing 32x AA? The drivers (or nhancer if you are using a nvidia card) might have the setting, but in reality it might not do anything else than to fallback to 4x.
Ah, right. It'll have to do then cause I'm not planning to buy a monitor for my laptop only to get rid of those little jaggies. Better than nothing....

My GFX card can take upto 16x AA. But anyway as I said there's not difference from 4x to 16-32x since the monitor resolution is too small. Actually it's a 14,1'' widescreen so you dont see any jaggies when you sit from a normal distance. I just got really close to the thing and then I saw the imperfections on my screeshots. Not a big deal.
it looks fine for me
i'm with Galaxy GeForce 9500 GDDR3
Attached images
BOSZ-511.jpg
Quote from BOSCHO :it looks fine for me

You're having artifacts, look at the rear of the FZ5.
Quote from Bose321 :You're having artifacts, look at the rear of the FZ5.

I think the same,look at the car,it's just hidious,i'd get a new GFX card if i were him.
He's talking about the ricy spoiler.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :I think the same,look at the car,it's just hidious,i'd get a new GFX card if i were him.

what ??
Quote from BOSCHO :what ??

your having a graphics card error,the car looks hidious,look at the rear,the hood and stuff like that.
Okay I downloaded nHancer and put all to recommended settings (and 32xs aa, 16x af) and get considerably lower fps now, around 95, which is to be expected. but I STILL get more jaggies than I had with my 7600gt not a month ago. I'm puzzled at why LFS looks to hideous now.
Quote from MijnWraak :Okay I downloaded nHancer and put all to recommended settings (and 32xs aa, 16x af) and get considerably lower fps now, around 95, which is to be expected. but I STILL get more jaggies than I had with my 7600gt not a month ago. I'm puzzled at why LFS looks to hideous now.

I have found, well, with my ati hd2600 anyway, that if i set all the aa/af settings to zero in lfs, but set them up in my gfx card control panel, it looks better and i get better fps.

Guide - How To Make LFS Look Better.
(317 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG