The online racing simulator
#76 - Jakg
Quote from jfgcatalan :I don't think the FSAA is working, plenty of jaggies (windscreen, tires, mirrors), somehow the nHancer doesn't seem to load the profile or something:

Perhaps the AA your trying to use isn't supported at that resolution? I HAVE to use 4xAA because it's the highest that's supported for 1680*1050

@ Post above - that looks fine, although High Spec Laptop is a contradiction in terms - Quad Core + 8800 = High spec for me :P
#78 - Jakg
One thing i have noticed - the Windscreen of the FOX doesn't get AA'd, in the same way the rear view mirror always looks crap.

EDIT - Buddha - You need custom textures. NOW!
Quote from Jakg :Perhaps the AA your trying to use isn't supported at that resolution? I HAVE to use 4xAA because it's the highest that's supported for 1680*1050

@ Post above - that looks fine, although High Spec Laptop is a contradiction in terms - Quad Core + 8800 = High spec for me :P

my laptop

http://storm.game-serve.co.uk/images/mysystem.JPG

ps 2x nvidia go 7950 GTX in sli

lx6 insted of fox
http://storm.game-serve.co.uk/images/lx6.JPG
#80 - Iron
Quote from Jakg :One thing i have noticed - the Windscreen of the FOX doesn't get AA'd

It also doesn't "show" trackside objects (like tyres), and smoke.
Quote from Jakg :EDIT - Buddha - You need custom textures. NOW!

Which ones do you recommend?
#82 - Jakg
Get Elektrik Kar's Blackwood stuff, Darkones reflection mod and Unseen's FOX interior, they all rock
I looked for that reflection mod on the LFS Database, but couldn't find it Anyone have a link to it?

Also, do you have flags disabled JakG? The flags aren't showing in your screenshot, and they are in Boyracer's. Or were they removed in those custom textures you've got?
wind was on in my game
That doesn't make a difference, though. If wind is off the flags still show, but then they're hanging limp.
must be textures then

im running the hi-res pack
Quote from Jakg :Perhaps the AA your trying to use isn't supported at that resolution? I HAVE to use 4xAA because it's the highest that's supported for 1680*1050

Wanna swap computers? I'll pay postage?
Quote from Jakg :Get Elektrik Kar's Blackwood stuff, Darkones reflection mod and Unseen's FOX interior, they all rock

Don't forget his F08 interior too
#90 - CSU1
my pc is pretty low spec, but I've always found the 16bit road texture looks way better( or half texture size I can't remember). My point is the full road texture just looks way too sparkley and glittery.
#91 - Jakg
Quote from Stone in Focus :Wanna swap computers? I'll pay postage?

Fine, but good luck paying postage on a fragile PC + Water cooling kit to Australia!

(PS - You *must* use Jakg.com postal service, which charges £500 per timezone)

I think that the LFS LOD setting just isn't high enough tbh, and i was too far away from the flag to see it
Quote from Xpowaspa :Don't forget his F08 interior too

That was just the things for that screenshot, if i had to go through and recommend stuff i use i'd be here all night, heck i've got things like a Hi-Res motorway sign on the bridge for Blackwood - i bet you didn't even NOTICE the sign there!

#92 - Iron
Quote from Jakg :heck i've got things like a Hi-Res motorway sign on the bridge for Blackwood - i bet you didn't even NOTICE the sign there!

Now that's really overkill. Or is it?

You know how people always say that the graphics doesn't really matter to them, you don't notice it anyway while racing. I guess I'm one of those people.
On the other hand, it is very nice to see those good looking things while standing still or spectating.

It really is a coin which has two sides.
#93 - Jakg
Updated thanks to Highsider9 for ATi cards.
The track texture resolution isnt worth it to me...stuff moves too fast (well, not that fast, i suck...) to really enjoy it...

However, high-def cockpits, suits, steering wheel, and (for the open wheel cars) tires...those are worth it to me...and make a noticeable difference.

The sound files are good to if you can find some good ones...get some more bass into the bigger engines...
At least on my 7900GT, Supersampling Transparency AA helps greatly with the jaggies on the buildings at South City. For example, the tall one you can see in the distance as you approach T1 at SO1/4/5 (under the bridge, before the hairpin).

Multisamping Transparency AA helps a little over none at all, but it doesn't do the job nearly as well as Supersampling.

EDIT: Like this one: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=36618&d=1186544524
Quote from Stone in Focus :yeah i had a mojor problem today. I set my desktop res to 2000*1600 or something ridiculous like that, and the screen (some 15" 50 year old thing) couldnt take it, and it wouldnt revert back, so i was stuck with a blank screen and no way to revert it haahhah good times I LOVE COMPUTERS. All fixed now though.

Anyway, yeah, i need a new monitor... Woah off topic, i tried to bring it back but alas, it was too far gone...

Assuming you're running Windows, start in safe mode which will drop it back to 800x600 so the monitor will cope and then you can reset thte resolution. That's assuming you haven't killed it utterly of course.
Quote from Resound :Assuming you're running Windows, start in safe mode which will drop it back to 800x600 so the monitor will cope and then you can reset thte resolution. That's assuming you haven't killed it utterly of course.

Haha yeah i fixed it by plugging the computer into my tv and running it off that to adjust the res.

How do i start in safe mode?
#98 - Jakg
When Windows starts to boot hammer F8 like a mad man
Is there a SLI add on out for LFS. It seems the secong card doesnt offer that more performance. Currently im running the jake settings but settings to the max. When testing it with progress SLI bar it seems there being used both but just a fraction. So is there a add-on or a patch meybe to get the best out off both ???
I dont think LFS being DX8 game, really pushes today's GFX cards at all, sure some high res AA and AF hit the fps, but with a modern card its not really a prob, the CPU throughput seems to be the key to increasing fps, but thats a little off topic

SD.

Guide - How To Make LFS Look Better.
(317 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG