The online racing simulator
#201 - dev
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It could just be a bug with the supersampling code of the drivers you're using. If you find the time and effort, it would be interesting to see if a different version of drivers fixes it.

I'm running version 163.71 WHQL, I'll try some other versions later today...

EDIT: The problem is global... Any game I start with supersampling 4xS looks defected...
Try to use a tool to remove all the Nvidia old drivers before installing the latest ones. They might enter in conflict with each other and make your screen look weird (like yours). I updated my drivers yesterday, going to look for the tool that I used when I get home.

Bu the way, this is the way I use to install new stuff on my computer (games, tool, drivers etc...):

- Close all the programs.
- Look for Start/Run/ and then write 'msconfig' + press ok.
- Click on 'BOOT.INI' and check /SAFEBOOT. This will activate safe mode.
-When you are asked, click on 'restart'.
-Computer will restart in safe mode, then you can uninstall the Nvidia drivers completly and reinstall the new ones.
-When it's done, you do the opposite:
- Close all the programs.
- Look for Start/Run/ and then write 'msconfig' + press ok.
- Click on 'BOOT.INI' and uncheck /SAFEBOOT. This will desactivate safe mode.
-When you are asked, click on 'restart'.

That's it
To do Safe Mode, press F8 as windows starts - much easier!

Not sure that doing Safe Mode is a good idea, although using something like Driver Cleaner is probably a good idea.
Quote from Jakg :To do Safe Mode, press F8 as windows starts - much easier!

Well, I'm used to do this, so I posted the way I am doing.

Quote from Jakg :Not sure that doing Safe Mode is a good idea, although using something like Driver Cleaner is probably a good idea.

When not in safe mode, I can't delete all the drivers file. So when I do this in safe mode, I am sure I removed all the stuff off my computer.
dev, I had the same problem as you when I last upgraded my geforce gfx drivers. This might not be an ideal soluton, but try reverting to the last driver version which worked for you, hopefully nvidia will fix this in a new batch of drivers they release.. ><
Hey im running a Compaq Presario (Everything about it is unchanged from the factory except for the video card which is a geforceFX5200) and I was wondering what is the easiest way to set it up for LFS without buying a new computer or without killing my own? It runs fine at 40-60 FPS but it looks..ehh..What settings do you reccomend for a computer like mine?
Quote from GruntOfAction :Hey im running a Compaq Presario (Everything about it is unchanged from the factory except for the video card which is a geforceFX5200) and I was wondering what is the easiest way to set it up for LFS without buying a new computer or without killing my own? It runs fine at 40-60 FPS but it looks..ehh..What settings do you reccomend for a computer like mine?

I think you have to give more details of your pc (processor and memmory are important).

But i think most stuff from the startpost will work. It does on my 6/7(!) year old computer. Only when there are a lot of cars on the track it doesn't look that good anymore (all the details are gone, but it doesn't lag).
Quote from marzman :I think you have to give more details of your pc (processor and memmory are important).

But i think most stuff from the startpost will work. It does on my 6/7(!) year old computer. Only when there are a lot of cars on the track it doesn't look that good anymore (all the details are gone, but it doesn't lag).

Well after testing it with NHancer it runs at about 40-50FPS which is alot higher than before...might be because I defragged my computer and deleted alot of 100MB+ items..

All I know is the memory on it is 70.5 GB and I have about 16.3GB of free space...now thats from 2 people with diffrent profiles but still thats alot of info lol..

EDIT: I seem to remember somewhere on this forum a program that scans your computer to find out the specs...hold on a second..

EDIT2: Got specs up..
Attached images
Comp specs.bmp
-
(baSh0r) DELETED by baSh0r : s
Need help... when i start Nhancer, i don't have the LFS profile in there, when i try to add a new profile and name it "LFS", it says that there is already a profile named LFS.. How can i edit that profile, say, up the AA from 4 to 16x for example?
Input on how this looks? Card is a 3DLabs Wildcat Realizm 500.
Attached images
m1st.png
Quote from Boris Lozac :Need help... when i start Nhancer, i don't have the LFS profile in there, when i try to add a new profile and name it "LFS", it says that there is already a profile named LFS.. How can i edit that profile, say, up the AA from 4 to 16x for example?

If you already have a profile that you can't find then all i can suggest is a new profile...

Quote from MARSH2a :Input on how this looks? Card is a 3DLabs Wildcat Realizm 500.

That looks... ok, although the AA is very very VERY bad.
Does anyone have any statistics if Catalyst A.I even gives any FPS improvement in LFS? I tried to get some graphs but looks like ATT is having a bad day again and I can't make any setting changes to take effect in game, but not like that matters since the graph doesn't seem to draw FPS count either...

Just wondering since in some games that setting have caused all kinds of problems, most common one being that when it's set to "High", AA and AF won't work.
I have red this whole thread, but keep remaining with one simple question:

Is it possible to give me a picture of how the settings should be done in the NVidia 3d settings screen to give me the best picture possible.

I do not understand all those settings in the 3D screen of the NVidia driver. just want a good picture in LFS.

I im not planning to use any other programs but the NVidia drivers one!!

my Specs:
E6750 intel dual core
2 gig intern memory
Asus GForce 8800 Ultra video card (now running over 150fr/sec)
newest nvidia WHQL drivers
DELL 30" monitor resolution 2560 * 1600
logitech G25 Steering wheel
Two WD Raptor 150gig in Raid-0

so a simple screenshot of all the setting in the 3D nvidia driver settings to get the maximum out of these specs. THX in advance.

StanEVO6
Quote from Stanevo6 :I have red this whole thread, but keep remaining with one simple question:

Is it possible to give me a picture of how the settings should be done in the NVidia 3d settings screen to give me the best picture possible.

I do not understand all those settings in the 3D screen of the NVidia driver. just want a good picture in LFS.

my Specs:
E6750 intel dual core
2 gig intern memory
Asus GForce 8800 Ultra video card (now running over 150fr/sec)
newest nvidia WHQL drivers
DELL 30" monitor resolution 2560 * 1600
logitech G25 Steering wheel
Two WD Raptor 150gig in Raid-0

so a simple screenshot of all the setting in the 3D nvidia driver settings to get the maximum out of these specs. THX in advance.

StanEVO6

Why will you not use nHancer? It's a better program, and has access to more settings than you get with the nVidia drivers - in short, you can't get the same image quality without it.
I've had issues with nHancer and the latter version of the nVidia drivers, ie. certain functions not seeming to work properly, but using the nVidia control panel DOES work. I've uninstaled nHancer.

See this thread for screenshots;
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=31388
It works, but it has less options.
Can you give specific examples? I got great results through the nVidia Control Panel - something nHancer wouldn't do.
The nVidia control panel has options for just setting AA, whereas nHacer lets you pick between about 5 different AA "modes"
nHancer allows more than; SuperSampling, MultiSampling, 2x, 4x, 8xQ, 8x, 16xQ, 16x, Gamma correction...
I didn't realise there WERE more options! Not sure if I'd be able to see these anyway
Thx Jakg for your fast response.

As you can read in some post's nheancer give's problems with some users.

I use my PC only for some internet work and mainly for LFS. so any program in the background is no good. tried to work with RivaTuner too. no my cup of thee!

I see much more settings in de 3D aplication of the nvidia driver than only the AA settings.

Not that I'm lasy or something but I do not understand all those settings and may there be conflicts with the settings of LFS grappics.

If you have the time, can you help me with the 3D settings in NVidia? or you must persued me to start using Nhancer. LOL

greez and thx

StanEVO6
nHancer doesn't have to run in the background, the nVidia drivers read profile information from a file (which i can't remember the name of), and all nHancer does is edit this file with a nice interface.

In short - no extra background programs need to be run, just run nHancer when you want to edit a profile and close it when your done!
Quote from Stanevo6 :I have red this whole thread, but keep remaining with one simple question:

StanEVO6

You should use the highest resolution possible.
Anisotropic Filtering for textures viewed from angle: higher is better
Gamma Correct Antialiasing: on, if your display has a gamma of 2.2 (probably yes)
Antialiasing Mode: replace application setting
Transparency Antialiasing for transparent texture edges: supersampling
Antialiasing for geometry edges (this setting also sets the quality of Transparency Antialiasing): higher is better:
2x: two edge samples, two Transparency Antialiasing samples
4x: four edge samples, four Transparency Antialiasing samples
8x: four edge samples (plus four coverage samples, these aren't always effective), four Transparency Antialiasing samples
8xQ: eight edge samples, eight Transparency Antialiasing samples
Force Mipmaps: shouldn't be necessary I guess
Single Display Acceleration
MIP Bias: clamp reduces moire but you also lose detail
Texture Quality: Highest
V-sync: app. controlled (enable ingame)
The rest doesn't apply to LfS and I don't know about Sli.

Nhancer gives you the possibilty to use Supersampling Antialiasing for the whole picture. For example 2x2 renders everything at twice the resolution and scales it down. This not efficient because the filtering quality is bad (samples lying on an ordered grid compared to rotated grid).
Also there are mixed modes. They are interesting if your card is fast enough. The supersampling reduces moire and you can try disabling MIP bias clamp.
Heeee THX

Im gonna try those settings. my geforce 8800 ultra is the fastest card yet.......mine is not in SLI.....money cant keep flowing for ever but he is real fast. http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/428/

my system is running on XP prof. Vista to many prbl. i guess.

also thinking about using modified drivers http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1702

well........keep the advices coming ill let you guys know about the progress.

My opinion is that LFS is so much fun when your graphics are superb....that's why this thread is so wonderfull.....thx to the starter off this thread two thumps up !!!!!!!!!
tobsen00

I do not understand your reply? no brain no pain???

What is it you mean??

greetz

StanEVO6

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG