The online racing simulator
I'm running the settings on the first post with the following:

Intel E8400
4GB PC2-6400
Geforce GTS 250 (196.21 Drivers) + OnBoard Geforce 9300 in Hybrid SLI
1680 x 1080 @ 60hz

My LFS looks great but when I get a full grid the frames drop to 25 and its not really playable.

I would have thought this system is more than capable. Is there one particular setting from page 1 that would be eating the frames?

Screenies below:

http://img21.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=lfs00000019.png
Set up a full grid of AIs, pause the game (stops all physics processing) and move the camera so you can see as many cars as possible.

Are you still getting low FPS? If no, it's a CPU issue, if yes, it's a graphics issue.
ok so yes i fill the grid, pause with cars in shot and it goes from 100+ down to about 30.

So I take the settings on post 1 are simply too much for my GTS 250?
Quote from djfatrod :I'm running the settings on the first post with the following:

Intel E8400
4GB PC2-6400
Geforce GTS 250 (196.21 Drivers) + OnBoard Geforce 9300 in Hybrid SLI
1680 x 1080 @ 60hz

My LFS looks great but when I get a full grid the frames drop to 25 and its not really playable.

I would have thought this system is more than capable. Is there one particular setting from page 1 that would be eating the frames?

Screenies below:

http://img21.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=lfs00000019.png

Quote from djfatrod :ok so yes i fill the grid, pause with cars in shot and it goes from 100+ down to about 30.

So I take the settings on post 1 are simply too much for my GTS 250?

Tried disabling the on-board GFX? If the SLI kicks in, the 250GTS will be clocked down to the 9300's clocks. which is bad.
The 250GTS should be more than capable to run LFS with all settings at max.
My brothers 9500GT (a few notches worse than the 250GTS) can run @ 4xAA, 8xAF with about 50 fps (10-15 cars or so).

*Edit: Almost 4 months than the last post. Gotta learn to read dates
LOL yep I've got it running sweet now, with bloom too
Is anyone else running the settings from the first page with SOFTTH?

I just set up my additional monitors yesterday and I can't seem to get the AA to work...I've got jagged lines everywhere.

Would the d3d9.dll from SOFTTH be overriding the settings from nhancer or something?
I have a question for the super smart guys. Why does turning on anti alising make the game look the same but laggier?.. I turn it from no filtering and no AA.. To full everything.. I see no change..

Can anyone explain where this detail is hidden from me? I'm using a 8400 GS from nvidia.
The difference between 8 or 4 is not noticeable imo but you can sure see the difference between no AA and 2x/4x

Look at the edges of the car for example... With no AA all sharp edges look jagged. AA smooths that.

Because AA uses GPU power it is heavier for a system. If it's too heavy it's going to lag. Your system obviously can't handle 8xAA ... Set it to 4 or 2x...

Or no AA if you really don't see the difference ( )
anyone got an answer on AA and softth?
I have all settings up to maximum, but mirror doesn't seems to be antialiased. It doesn't help to force aliasing in nvidia's driver.
Is there a way to antialias the mirror?
Quote from loki8 :I have all settings up to maximum, but mirror doesn't seems to be antialiased. It doesn't help to force aliasing in nvidia's driver.
Is there a way to antialias the mirror?

No, it is not possible in this version of LFS. At least what I remember of.
Am I the only one or is nHancer not booting (properly)? All it does for me is show a splash-logo, and boot a service. I don't get any UI to work with.
Nope, you're not. It's outdated.
Quote from TehKill3r :Am I the only one or is nHancer not booting (properly)? All it does for me is show a splash-logo, and boot a service. I don't get any UI to work with.

Everything in this guide is probably unfortunately deprecated - afaik all the display driver control panels now have all this stuff built in (and it works).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG