The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from obsolum :There'd have to be a distinction between Console players and PC players though

Console players won't be on Gays 4 Lyfe Windows, they'll be on the other doodah.
Quote from obsolum :There'd have to be a distinction between Console players and PC players though

theres one at the end of the game, its called the scoreboard.
Quote from Gunsmith :theres one at the end of the game, its called the scoreboard.

I thought console players and PC players couldn't play together?
Quote from Dygear :Can anyone post a screen shot of the game running at 1080p with EVERYTHING turned up?

Here, 2 pics.
Attached images
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :Here, 2 pics.

Sorry but the links point to screenshots of GTA3 from 2001.
Quote from spankmeyer :Sorry but the links point to screenshots of GTA3 from 2001.

nono, i has GFX mod, duhh!
Quote from Bose321 :nono, i has GFX mod, duhh!

lol i have this for xbox 360 and it looks better than the pics you posted
Same, I have it on PS3 and it's much better looking, especially looking at the water...And it also shoots it out at 1080p
yeah i agree, on ps3 it looks much better
GFW tag (whatever it is) for me: btccmad
Quote from mr_x :GFW tag (whatever it is) for me: btccmad

I'm KevTEOP but I doubt I'll be on the multiplayer. I had a look last night and couldn't actually find the multiplayer...
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm KevTEOP but I doubt I'll be on the multiplayer. I had a look last night and couldn't actually find the multiplayer...

Kev...you got to be logged into both GFW AND Rockstar Club to play multiplayer, and then you choose the option through your mobile

HINT: For those that have to start the program logged OUT of Rockstar club to avoid the MMA10 bug...just start the game, and when you get to the 1st menu screen (the one with R* News on it) .. Alt-Tab out of GTA, sign in to R* Club, then go back into the game... Works for me
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm KevTEOP but I doubt I'll be on the multiplayer. I had a look last night and couldn't actually find the multiplayer...

Take your cellphone, open the 'Menu' and there's a option right above "Options" called Multiplayer.
And right below "Options" there's the Video Editor.

[^] (up arrow to show the cellphone)
[Enter] (to enter the menu)
[v] (down arrow until you reach the Multiplayer, and press Enter again)

edit: notice that you must be connected on Rockstar Games Social Club and Games for Windows Live in order to go multiplayer.
I think you guys forgot how GTA 3 looked...

This is GTA 3

This is GTA 4 on high / high @ 1680 x 1050, with the blur option turned on (you can't turn it off on the console version, on the pc you can). GTA 4 has very detailed cars, a way more dynamic world and true dynamic lighting (shadows and glows aren't mapped anymore, they are calculated real-time). And don't forget the very nice damage models.

It could use some AA though.
Quote from Bladerunner :Kev...you got to be logged into both GFW AND Rockstar Club to play multiplayer, and then you choose the option through your mobile

Oh the option to play multiplayer is within an interface within the single-player game? Silly me.

:banghead:

I might give it a try in a minute. I'm drinking wine so that should help to reduce some of the pain of putting up with the extraneous shit that ships with GTA. The last time I needed to drink before playing a game was Battlefield 2.
Quote from kingfag :GTA 4 has very detailed cars, a way more dynamic world ...

What's "dynamic" about the world? Could you explain that for me? I haven't noticed anything about the world that has changed while I've been playing it. There's a day/night cycle and it rains sometimes, that's about it. I think all those things happened in GTA3 too.
Got the game today but havent managed to play it because it keeps crashing.

First time blue screen appeared and computer shut down, and if that doesnt happen the game just freezes.

All that happened on the 1st mission, right after leaving the harbor.

I have ati 4850 btw.
I might be a little while... Apparently I need to apply an XP "hotfix". Or something. For either GTA4, Gay4Lyfe or Rockstar Retard Club. I forget.
Quote from kingfag :GTA 4 has very detailed cars, a way more dynamic world and true dynamic lighting (shadows and glows aren't mapped anymore, they are calculated real-time). And don't forget the very nice damage models.

and its also very very brown
Just tried to find a game in multiplayer and it's a ghost town.

Anyway yeah, GTA4: Everything about the interface pisses me off, the DRM pisses me off, the necessity of two (three if you got it through Steam) social networks pisses me off, but the game is OK. For a couple of hours - until it freezes.

Another annoying thing is that they improved the vehicle physics, even if it does mean all the cars now understeer like mad and the only way to get the tail out is to tap the handbrake or do a flick. But... OK that's one annoying thing, but the main annoying thing is the way the suspension still looks totally broken. When you get air (which you do often) the wheels sag towards eachother with about 30 degrees of positive camber. I've never seen a car do that - why do they do it here?

Maybe it's because each wheel weighs three times as much as the chassis. That would go at least some way towards explaining why an SUV lying on its side can magically lurch over and end up back on its wheels for no apparent reason. OK so no it wouldn't, that's probably a reasonable gaming contrivance to stop us all seeking out new cars every 100 yards, but still - why do the wheels do that?

I'll complain about more stuff later.
Another complaint: The radio in this game is pretty rubbish compared to the previous installments. Even the funk station is full of wishy-washy disco tripe.

Among the few saving graces - and to be fair I'm amazed that they were included in a computer game at all - are Coltrane's Giant Steps, and the Duke Ellington Orchestra's recording of Take The 'A' Train - a neat touch that it's a game based in a fictional NYC. I didn't think I'd end up listening mostly to the Jazz station in a GTA game but y'know...
roffle moment for today: http://pc.ign.com/articles/936/936304p3.html

AA is DX10
"Why can't you actually through the graphics menu adjust AA (anti-aliasing)?:
Early on we decided we weren't going to support DirectX 10. We were just going to work on increasing the visual quality with what we had with DirectX 9. If we had DirectX 10 support we could have had the AA in there, but we don't have any"

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I was rofling on the floor when they got to the part where they speak about how bigger resolution scales teh detail up

One percent is having problems
" The only thing we really have to go on in that regard is support calls we've been getting which have been quite low or as expected, which I think is roughly around one percent…"
"We haven't had the typical break after it's gone gold."

So the release went smooth as silk, everything is working excellently but the first thing they are concentrating after the release is to get the patch out to fix a game that works well on 99% of machines.

:biggrinfl
Quote from Hyperactive :One percent is having problems

Based on support calls!

It crashes regularly for me, and I can't remember the last game I played that either crashed to desktop or froze the graphics, I have never had any issues with this computer. The way GTA crashes for me is particularly unpleasant because it causes an unrecoverable video failure. It basically means I have to use keyboard shortcuts to initiate a reboot to regain control of my computer - I hate doing that.

And it always happens after a long period of playing, so I think it's probably a memory leak somewhere.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG