The online racing simulator
October Progress Report
(381 posts, closed, started )
Edited shot (1st image) - it would be nice if we can have a real-time road reflections too. Or just a static reflection of the road.

EDIT: Added a comparison of the dynamic reflection options in BeamNG from left to right (turned off, high quality and low quality).
And if possible to have a working mirror visible from the chase and TV / free mode camera (currently only visible in car view in LFS - 2nd image, the 3rd image is from the free camera in BeamNG):
Attached images
bloom_fz_highlight_edited.jpg
off.jpg
on high quality.jpg
on low quality.jpg
mirror.jpg
in-car mirror.jpg
Sorry for the double post.
Quote from Scawen :...and when the sun itself is seen, flickering in and out of brightness behind some trees.

Quote from Evolution_R :Sorry for the double post.

Probably very irelevant question, but it got me so confused I have to ask - does the FZ5 have differently sized front and rear wheels (diameter-wise)? - In the video they appear to rotate at different speed (wheel rims get synchronised with the camera framerate at different velocity) Shrug

Sorry for off topic post.
Quote from Evolution_R :Added a comparison of the dynamic reflection options in BeamNG from left to right (turned off, high quality and low quality).

May I say I am not impressed by these images? BeamNG is also at least DirectX 10.1 (they say 11 themselves), not sure if they make use of these library extensions concerning reflections as I have no idea what the differences exactly are but LFS stays at 9. And that will be fine, I guess.
hello why not allow the modding of cars not the community? (which you will have chosen and validated?) that could help you? there are pretty good 3d artists, what do you think of the cars that we see in the showcase videos with lots of nice car models in LFS?
this is a simple question, i think no aml of anybody would like to help you in this wonderful project
Quote from cargame.nl :May I say I am not impressed by these images?

They are not very impressive, yes, thats why i said earlier the new graphics of LFS will be better looking overall than the BeamNG and it would be nice if LFS gets full dynamic reflections too (at some point).

@michal 1279, FZ50: 235/40 R18 front, 295/30 R18 rear
Quote from michal 1279 :Probably very irelevant question, but it got me so confused I have to ask - does the FZ5 have differently sized front and rear wheels (diameter-wise)? - In the video they appear to rotate at different speed (wheel rims get synchronised with the camera framerate at different velocity) Shrug

Sorry for off topic post.

Doesn't that happen because the driven wheels (in this case the rears) are always going to spin with a certain velocity no matter what, while the front non driven ones just take more to spin at the same speed ? I don't know if what i typed here has some sense lol
Quote from Scawen :Yes, the CPU sky is for:
- ambient lighting spherical harmonic (for directional ambient lighting)
- maximum brightness value (needed before the GPU sky is generated - see below)
- average sky colour (I'm trying to move away from any uses of this)

The GPU sky can still be stored as a 32-bit SRGB texture, doesn't need to be 64-bit HDR if I know the maximum value (from the CPU) before it is generated on the GPU. Each pixel is then multiplied by (1.0 / max_brightness) so the sky uses the full 24-bit range of colours.

Good way to improve memory bandwith Thumbs up

Quote from Scawen :I'd sometimes like to be able to generate things on the GPU and read the texture back into system memory for analysis by the program [...]
But I think this is a limitation with DX9 so I've avoided using that in real time situations.

Yep, but you can read data from the GPU asynchronously with DX11. And you also don't have compute shader or HLSL 5.0 so you'll be really limited for path tracing anyways Wink

Sorry for the late reply
Sunrise at Kyoto
Attached images
KY_sunrise.jpg
Its beautiful! Thumbs up
Great!
Looks great Smile
Oh,look at that - the new Kyoto has also sausage curbs...
A picture worth a thousand words Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Sunrise at Kyoto

Beautiful!!!!

Quote from Eclipsed :Oh,look at that - the new Kyoto has also sausage curbs...

Oh come on... you know that place cutting massively....
That looks very impressive. Though I think it starts to look like the car models are now the one's being behind in terms of appearance. Tracks will look amazing, cars will look like, well, not kinda matching up.
I think there are few (or just one for now) new car models waiting for us and will be released as a surprise with the update! Smile
I do not understand the surprise belief what some members throughout the years bring up. There where never 'surprises', every release was a release what was being discussed in the months before. Lets keep it that way, surprise expectations only lead to disappointments/negativism which is unnecessary. Jesus is coming, some day.
Yeah, you have a right, but my expectations are not unrealistic, like 100 official licensed cars or 50 new tracks. If the new physics are ready for release the realistic expectation is to get the Volkswagen Scirocco with it. But then again this wouldn't be a surprise... Big grin I shouldn't have posted.
Amazing!
Forza Scawen!
I prefer clear sky or at least less cloudy. Big grin
This thread is closed

October Progress Report
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG