The online racing simulator
October Progress Report
(381 posts, closed, started )
Quote from cargame.nl :Still not the best method to promote a new product.

criticizing != negative

But to get back on topic, nothing to expect from Microsoft then. Anything else, or is this all?

You missed the part where it's not ready for consumers yet. Hence no actual promotion going on.

Call it whatever you want, but you sound very sour about VR.

Nothing to expect from MS? They're the leader and one of the biggest innovators right now in the AR game, not to be mistaken by VR.
I've heard that the Index is sold out in a few parts of the world because of the new HL game. Seems like there are one or two people that are willing to spend money to sit with a stupid helmet on their head, who would've thought. Smile
Quote from Bose321 :... spend money to sit with a stupid helmet ...

The funny thing is in most of the games you don´t even sit but stand/move Smile
Quote from Bose321 :I've heard that the Index is sold out in a few parts of the world because of the new HL game. Seems like there are one or two people that are willing to spend money to sit with a stupid helmet on their head, who would've thought. Smile

Clearly you haven't used VR.

It's amazing, especially for racing simulators.

HL Alyx is going to be the first VR AAA game. Everything else has been a tech demo or throwing floating hands into a normal game.

It's super exciting.
I believe you guys missed the point of Bose321's comment. I think it was a sarcastic comment directed towards cargame.nl
lol HL:A is tech demo as well.
Quote from gu3st :Clearly you haven't used VR.

It's amazing, especially for racing simulators.

HL Alyx is going to be the first VR AAA game. Everything else has been a tech demo or throwing floating hands into a normal game.

It's super exciting.

I sure have, and I think it's awesome.

Quote from Sobis :I believe you guys missed the point of Bose321's comment. I think it was a sarcastic comment directed towards cargame.nl

Thanks. Tongue
Oh,I miss those good old times where new patch/progress threads consisted of topic related comments. Well,world is changing and as we see - climate is too. And now all around the world is almost mass hysteria as the climate change would be something unique and never happened before in the history.
Also quite ironic to see relatively small and environmentally advanced countries cutting their emmisions and raising taxes even more while emissions of big countries steadily grow. Even more ironic is the fact that these emissions from a certain big country grow because of their industry products are on high demond from... Well you know... Shrug

Fact you can't deny - we can't change the world order by discussing situation here,so why bother? Let's focus on the sim,which is quite big hobby for many of us around here.
Scawen: Can we expect a new progress report for this month/in the next few days from Eric and you? Or are you not ready for that yet?

Thanks anyway
Quote from Eclipsed :Fact you can't deny - we can't change the world order by discussing situation here,so why bother? Let's focus on the sim,which is quite big hobby for many of us around here.

Actually I think we can change the world by talking about it! It can't start any other way. We need to talk about that everywhere.

I believe online is a good place to talk about these things. Often in social situations people just want to have fun and not talk about important issues as they are too serious. Often in family situations it's not worth discussing because it can cause arguments. So we need to talk about it, and share views wherever we can.

A lot has happened this year to bring this stuff into mainstream conversation. Not as if it was hidden before. A lot of people have been trying to bring attention to the destruction of nature for a very long time, but somehow most people could avoid bothering to think about it, as if it wasn't urgent. But the truth is it has been increasing in urgency since the 60s and 70s. Finally environmental concerns are becoming mainstream and even politicians are talking about it, not only the Green party. Their efforts so far have been very minimal, quite pathetic in fact, and we have still been destroying our environment at an increasing rate.

We live in democracies so it is *us* who have to vote for the politicians who will take bold actions to drastically reduce environmental damage before it is too late.

Quote from Pasci :Scawen: Can we expect a new progress report for this month/in the next few days from Eric and you? Or are you not ready for that yet?

Thanks anyway

I haven't asked Eric about that, I've just recently sent him an update with the bloom and various lighting updates. I know he has been working on South City the whole time and I'm sure he'd like to show it soon. I've got some things to finish off. Like today I am trying to get the bloom working properly in VR.

I'm guessing we won't show anything this weekend, but it would be nice if we could prepare a progress report in mid-December.
Mid-december, eh? There's a good chance I'll have my head in an oven round about that time Wink
Quote from Scawen :...
I'm guessing we won't show anything this weekend, but it would be nice if we could prepare a progress report in mid-December.

with end of year holidays, prepare a test patch instead Tongue Wave
LFS
Quote from Scawen :I haven't asked Eric about that, I've just recently sent him an update with the bloom and various lighting updates. I know he has been working on South City the whole time and I'm sure he'd like to show it soon. I've got some things to finish off. Like today I am trying to get the bloom working properly in VR.

Thanks for your answer - Then we are looking forward to the middle of december.
There is always a next monday, next 1st of the month and next year. Big grin
After a long absence from LFS (very long!) i'm just checking out this topic.

Night screenshots of BL ... fckin hell! WOW!

I'll force myself out of this for an equally long time, hoping i'll be surprised again.

Nice work devs.
Buy S3 to support them. Smile
Quote from Bose321 :I've heard that the Index is sold out in a few parts of the world because of the new HL game. Seems like there are one or two people that are willing to spend money to sit with a stupid helmet on their head, who would've thought. Smile

The what? Oh this is that thing with towers what Scawen has. Yes, uninteresting. Well you know the difference between buying and using? If something is "sold out" it doesn't say anything about if it's actually being used. A lot of people are like that German guy is doing on his Youtube channel. Buying everything and put it on a shelf for display, wauw, thats useful.

Quote from just2fast :The funny thing is in most of the games you don´t even sit but stand/move Smile

and be in your own isolated world yes, not a good direction for the world to head to

Quote from Bose321 :Call it whatever you want,

No I do no want to be called anything. Especially the Dutch population are world champions in doing that.

I ask a question about how its going with the whole VR situation. Are there any significant developments, the answer is no.. And I even had to answer my own question. Typical.
I guess it's a difference in what you call significant. The resolution and tracking has improved a LOT, which are the two main factors in VR. So if you don't call that significant, well then it's obvious you don't get it.

Do you really think most people buy a super expensive VR kit like the Index and just let it sit a shelf? Haha come on. You're obviously negative about VR, but now you're just talking nonsense. Let's just say you don't like it, there's no reasoning with you about it.

Looking forward to some nice news in December somewhere! I would love seeing South City! Big grin
Yeah, VR is coming along. There is a definite problem with resolution in the old headsets I have (when I look into the distance) and I don't really find them comfortable.

The development is a gradual process of improvement in resolution, field of view and comfort. Hopefully price too! There's no reason to get VR if you aren't particularly interested and I don't think I've ever tried to suggest that anyone *should* get it. It's simply a really super thing that can be quite breathtaking and is gradually getting better.

Like Ronnie O'Sullivan leaning on the virtual snooker table in that video I posted, every time I lean to the left I want to put my hand on the passenger seat that I can see but isn't really there!
Finally heard another good news for LFS
More things to come and more power LFS Devs!
"Like Ronnie O'Sullivan leaning on the virtual snooker table in that video I posted, every time I lean to the left I want to put my hand on the passenger seat that I can see but isn't really there!"

Hehe .... Omg omg omg

I have a seat next to me and my cockpit is close to the XF GTI. It's always a goosebump moment when I drive backwards out of the garage in Blackwood and hold myself in the passenger seat to turn over ..... and when i touch the cockpit.
Attached images
20191130_225433.jpg
20191130_225541.jpg
Quote from Xenix74 :"Like Ronnie O'Sullivan leaning on the virtual snooker table in that video I posted, every time I lean to the left I want to put my hand on the passenger seat that I can see but isn't really there!"

Hehe .... Omg omg omg

I have a seat next to me and my cockpit is close to the XF GTI. It's always a goosebump moment when I drive backwards out of the garage in Blackwood and hold myself in the passenger seat to turn over ..... and when i touch the cockpit.

Wow - that setup is insanely cool! Which car is that interior from?
Quote from Cutie pie :Wow - that setup is insanely cool! Which car is that interior from?

Thx
Opel Corsa
Rofl
Attached images
Opel-Corsa-Cockpit-169FullWidth-fece66b7-852967.jpg
This thread is closed

October Progress Report
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG