The online racing simulator
October Progress Report
(381 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Evolution_R :I think there are few (or just one for now) new car models waiting for us and will be released as a surprise with the update! Smile

Was there an announcement or some sort of hint on this?
I'm excited if there was.
Quote from cargame.nl :I do not understand the surprise belief what some members throughout the years bring up. There where never 'surprises', every release was a release what was being discussed in the months before. Lets keep it that way, surprise expectations only lead to disappointments/negativism which is unnecessary. Jesus is coming, some day.

I have told this about 10 years now.
Quote from Scawen :
I really wish that everyone watched all the documentaries by David Attenborough in recent years. I think it would be impossible for people not to understand the challenges we face,

Children and full grown adults watch these kind of "documentaries" nowadays;

These people are also from the UK. They are miljonairs but clearly lack proper education. Worst of all, adored by millions (and most of those people are car enthusiasts). Two of the three even have children.

This kind of garbage hurts my eyes to the max. But if I say something about it, I get attacked by millions of "fans". As long as this kind of clowns work gets massive attention and approval, this planet is doomed.
Jeremy Clarkson is one of these right-wing nutcases that just thinks we should burn whatever we can and have a jolly good time and **** the consequences. He writes in the same newspaper that Boris Johnson used to write in, a terrible paper called the "Telegraph" or "Torygraph" which indoctrinates its readers to hate the environment, cyclists and wind turbines.

I used to find Top Gear amusing but gradually got more annoyed with the stupidity of it that seemed to be increasing until it got taken off air after Clarkson punched a producer because he couldn't get a steak.

A lot of British people have a similar kind of attitude. You can tell by the popularity of SUV type cars and so on, designed to look big and tough. They are quite sad people really and are obstacles to progress.
Quote from Scawen :...You can tell by the popularity of SUV type cars...

Does that mean there will be no SUVs in LFS in the future? Big grin
Can't stand to watch that video because Richard Hammond is annoying 4554013.
Yeah, I used to like them, but these days their production is just an americanised garbage. Like most of the new games. Big grin
Quote from Scawen :Jeremy Clarkson is one of these right-wing nutcases that just thinks we should burn whatever we can and have a jolly good time and **** the consequences. He writes in the same newspaper that Boris Johnson used to write in, a terrible paper called the "Telegraph" or "Torygraph" which indoctrinates its readers to hate the environment, cyclists and wind turbines.

I used to find Top Gear amusing but gradually got more annoyed with the stupidity of it that seemed to be increasing until it got taken off air after Clarkson punched a producer because he couldn't get a steak.

A lot of British people have a similar kind of attitude. You can tell by the popularity of SUV type cars and so on, designed to look big and tough. They are quite sad people really and are obstacles to progress.

Stereotyping people is not very fair, and unless you had actually met a huge percentage of the population any opinion could only be based on the circle of people you get to meet or hear about. Also which cars are popular changes for each age group and location

Regarding kyoto photo

Looks great and i look forward to getting to see this in VR
Quote from bishtop :Stereotyping people is not very fair, and unless you had actually met a huge percentage of the population any opinion could only be based on the circle of people you get to meet or hear about. Also which cars are popular changes for each age group and location

It is a fact that SUV's sales are growing, not just a stereotype (and it is not just in uk Wink ) :
https://www.jato.com/global-suv-boom-continues-in-2018-but-growth-moderates/
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/94280/best-selling-cars-in-the-uk
And indeed it is not a so brilliant idea that more and more people are buying cars like this as obviously they are not the most efficient ones to transport individual people !
Quote from Scawen :Jeremy Clarkson is one of these right-wing nutcases that just thinks we should burn whatever we can and have a jolly good time and **** the consequences. He writes in the same newspaper that Boris Johnson used to write in, a terrible paper called the "Telegraph" or "Torygraph" which indoctrinates its readers to hate the environment, cyclists and wind turbines.

Love it!
Quote from Scawen :Jeremy Clarkson is one of these right-wing nutcases....

Been reading some of your latest posts after i read this one and i'm on the same ship with you.

Similarly to someone's reply above, TG used to be fun for me for some time, but first, it slipped into repeating itself and then into outright stupidity.

As for the growth problem, i was worried about this some 15 years ago, as a little Kid (lul) and i thought i'm weird because nobody gave a damn. I'm glad the tables are beginning to turn, although it might be too slowly and too late.

Personally, if i'm going to have to decide, it'd rather have 1 or no children, rather than have more people grow up into the disaster we're diving head-on into.

And to stay on topic - keep up the good LFS work, the pics are looking great! Smile
Quote from bishtop :Stereotyping people is not very fair, and unless you had actually met a huge percentage of the population

The sample size does need not be very large to make pretty accurate predictions concerning group opinions. Also, there's usually vote results one can use to have a pretty thorough judgement on the general opinions of a populace in a democratic country.

And to stay on topic:

cannot wait to try out the new lighting in VR!
Stop pretending to stay on topic... it's not your primary thing to focus on some LFS updates when things to discuss has greater impacts upon your life.
I live in the states but have hate these types of shows for years. Actually forever. Guess im atypical. Your probably right, were doomed....
Quote from ColeusRattus :cannot wait to try out the new lighting in VR!

You can.

This VR hardware development blabla seems to have massively stalled. Hype over, time to collect dust?
But Valve just announced a long awaited Half-Life game... and it will be VR only. Big grin

Quote from cargame.nl :This VR hardware development blabla seems to have massively stalled. Hype over, time to collect dust?

This is one of these things where you really need to experience it before you judge it. To the people who have tried it, you look a bit silly saying this repeatedly (I'm referring to previous posts where you have talked about VR in negative terms).

The truth is it's a total game changer. It's really an amazing feeling to be IN the game (VR) instead of seeming to look at it remotely through a window (monitor).

I do hear that sales have been slower than expected and that is absolutely fine. The hype was too much in the first place, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's here to stay, which is obvious to anyone who has tried it. For cockpit-based simulator VR is really good, and it's good for a lot of other things too. It can be quite a breathtaking experience to feel like you are IN another world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMceVbo3Tm4 Big grin
I tried the valve index for a couple of weeks. I had some issues on hardware and drivers. Other than that it is a game changer. I did not keep it mainly because I am pretty busy and I should not waste time and cough 1100 euros on that. Something was magic but something was odd (turn head to one side and eyes to other side) playing with a track ir.
VR is pure magic. Really amazing on asphalt and even better going sideways on dirt. I will definitely try again when life permit.
I wish I could try a VR headset, maybe when they become cheaper ( someone sell a HTC VIVE here for like 6 months of salary )then probably more people will jump on it.

But I am still concerned about mention sickness and general health issues around such device,

And developers need really to think about optimizing their games to be playable on most gaming pc's, I mean you need at least an RTX 2070 to be able to maintain stable 90 fps on most VR games ( excluding LFS ).
700 Scientist tell EU Parlement there is no Climate Crisis here are the Reactions Smile

Quote from Scawen :The truth is it's a total game changer. It's really an amazing feeling to be IN the game (VR) instead of seeming to look at it remotely through a window (monitor).

If you get a chance for it, I recommend trying Full Body Tracking in VR aswell. Basically need 3x HTC Vive tracker pucks placed on feet and torso. Ingame skeleton is then calculated from six tracking points (head, torso, hands, feet) and it seems to work quite well!

Been running 3x Tracker setup on an Index now and it makes games like VR Chat and Beat Saber all the more awesome when you're able to see your feet move in games just like they do in real life.
Attached images
2019-11-27 00.09.35.jpg
This thread is closed

October Progress Report
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG