The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
Quote from sinanju :With at least 2 women going to be competing in the new FIA Formula-E championship, along with 6 ex F1 drivers, and some other very well known and talented drivers (Formula E Team/Driver List), this may be a good test of gender v talent.

If the women can prove themselves at least the equal of, against the better known men, then maybe they'll end up in some F1 team. And if they do that, their places will at least be warranted, and hopefully, less chauvinistic comments will be made.

Indycar.
Wonder when they start going to make changes that actually improve things..

Shame.. Though it was probably needed for Monza in order for them to stay on the calendar.. as bernie threatened them before..
I think the Monza changes are really related to Bikes, see here: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/new ... Dorna+WSBK+visit+at+Monza

It makes sence for them to do it, but I think we'll hear even more tracklimits whining now during the F1 and car races there. Though when I think about it, when they put down tarmac in the Parabolica, that means the Lesmo bends might be in for a change too? It's a similar kind of situation for bikes there as it is (or rather was) with the Parabolica with just gravel there.
Yes I do have a hard time understanding the reason behind these changes... but eventually and quite reluctantly.. i will see them.. xD

But with every change they make I think they moving further and further from an attractive F1 again. To be honest, with bike racing I'd prefer there to be a gravel area as well, no tarmac. And I don't think it has much to do with safety as we have seen enough examples now that it's not safer by definition.

Well.. at least you F1 drivers do not need balls anymore to power up early on exit of the parabolica because a mistake doesnt matter and the amount of possible time loss is reduced till acceptable once or twice a race.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I think the Monza changes are really related to Bikes, see here: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/new ... Dorna+WSBK+visit+at+Monza

It makes sence for them to do it, but I think we'll hear even more tracklimits whining now during the F1 and car races there. Though when I think about it, when they put down tarmac in the Parabolica, that means the Lesmo bends might be in for a change too? It's a similar kind of situation for bikes there as it is (or rather was) with the Parabolica with just gravel there.

don't think they need it at Lesmo. The run up to it isn't so high speed so any bikeist falling off is unlikely to find the barrier anyway
I know it's a little bit late to talk about this but:
I had the opportunity to go to the Hungarian GP and oh god how bad the F1 car sounds, even the GP3 cars make more noise, I really hope that they change that.
Event was cool, I almost won free tickets to the 2015 GP in the F1 Gamezone.
Apparently there is this new piece of runoff in spa too. I was watching blancpain race and noticed there is now tarmac runoff on the exit/entry in Blanchimont.
On the right side in 2:45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... e&v=Orjeb8g9r0E#t=165
I dunno. My gut feeling is that they have ruined that corner. Before that runoff/extra room was put there the corner was a lot more tricky to get right and to see when to turn in into the corner but now it is so much easier to just go flatout when there is more room on the entry .

Although the change might be good too for racing if it allows the driver behind to go wide on entry and go for the undercut...

Also maybe no the bestest thread but how many tracks do you recognize:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6lrgAZR5o
(damn he is fast)
Quote from Hyperactive :Apparently there is this new piece of runoff in spa too. I was watching blancpain race and noticed there is now tarmac runoff on the exit/entry in Blanchimont.
On the right side in 2:45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... e&v=Orjeb8g9r0E#t=165
I dunno. My gut feeling is that they have ruined that corner. Before that runoff/extra room was put there the corner was a lot more tricky to get right and to see when to turn in into the corner but now it is so much easier to just go flatout when there is more room on the entry .

The extra tarmac on entry has been there since at least last year. Obviously it ruined the track so much you never noticed it...
I thought that was done in 2012.
-
(DejaVu) DELETED by DejaVu
Quote from amp88 :The extra tarmac on entry has been there since at least last year. Obviously it ruined the track so much you never noticed it...

Yeah, there's my stupid moment
I think he isn't stupid enough to believe what he is saying, just playing with the media a bit.

Rossi is clearly the logical choice if going American, or an indy Driver.

But Honestly its not a good time when it comes to American Talent ready for F1.
Awful, if they wanted to reduce the speed of MotoGP or the accidents that might happen without the new tarmac why not put a chicane to reduce the speed of motorcycles?
I get having it on corner entry, but around the whole corner sucks. Ruined the challenge of the Parabolica exit.
Fantastic! I remember Jos announced he became father, and i knew he was married to a woman who beat F1 drivers in karting. I thought if there is ever gonna be a natural gifted racer it will be Max. I followed him from young age, he excelled in karting, usually the young talents stay away from shifter karts but max did it and with succes, winning several titles. I think that final year in shifter karts helped him a lot to do the giant step to F3.

In f3 with a small team, he started the season clumsy with some silly mistakes. But now he is driving with so much speed and consideration(rain or dry), i have absolutely no doubt he will be succesfull in F1. Some people will say he is too young, but from what i've seen this season he is a very mature racer.

A good read about Max on Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115436
Kimi was also pretty unepxerienced and young when he got in to F1 with some saying he shouldn't even have a superlicense, but we all remember how impressive he was back in the days, I hope Max really proves haterz wrong
Teemu I hate to break it to you - but your man crush is unavailable mate and you'll never have him.

Kimi was 21, Verstappen will be 17. Although in experience they are fairly similar, it's not really the same thing. As a person you mature a lot in that time and also the standard expected from rookies is a lot higher than it was 10 years ago - even though there is less track time.

I'm not questioning how good he is, but it is 1 thing to be super fast and be able to drive an F1 car as good as anybody at a young age, it's something else to be able to handle the crap that goes on in the midfield as if he makes some unforced errors, the media will be on his back straight away and make his life difficult.

If he gets a good start, I'm sure he will be just fine. It's just how he will handle adversity if things don't go great straight away that I'm worried about. There will be added pressure too because Kvyat is also highly rated and I imagine the reason they have rushed him through is due to a feeling that there could be a Red Bull seat available in a year or 2. I hope he does great, with Alonso and Kimi approaching the end of their careers there will be a superstar void to fill. I just hope they don't all stick with Red Bull, I don't want to support them. Ever.
Quote from IsaacPrice :
I hope he does great, with Alonso and Kimi approaching the end of their careers there will be a superstar void to fill. I just hope they don't all stick with Red Bull, I don't want to support them. Ever.

I am not sure those words can be put together anymore.

Since Hamilton, its noticeable that a lot of people don't want to call drivers superstars though. Even the clearly excellent, Rosberg, Ricciardo (VETTEL!) there is almost a clamor to put them down and down play how good they are. Not sure why, its quite amusing really.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Teemu I hate to break it to you - but your man crush is unavailable mate and you'll never have him.

Yes.
Quote from J@tko :Lotterer replacing Kobayashi for Belgium Grand Prix

Huh? $$$$$?

Nah he gets paid by Audi and Toyota for his other racing. He is driving for free (so was Koba). He has driven for Kolles (Tech. Dir.) before though and was teammates with Albers (Team Prin.) in that drive.

He doesn't exactly not deserve it, it's just odd.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG