2013 Kyoto 250: Race Discussion
The 2013 Kyoto 250. Sixth Annual. Saturday, 30 March 2013.

Timetable for the day:

17:20 UTC: All competitors due in server AND in TS in correct name format in each.
17:25 UTC: Grid stacking begins
17:36 UTC: Pace laps begin (all 5 of them)
17:45 UTC: Green Flag (135 Laps, 250.02 Miles)

WEATHER CONDITIONS: Cloudy Morning, Low Wind

The 250 has never been caution-free, but last year was the record for fewest cautions - 4 for 19 laps The most, you ask? 2010: 18 cautions for 82 laps. It can get done in less than 2 hours if caution-free, although usually takes about 2h10m or so.

Some other stats for the statwhores out there:

Longest Green Flag Run: 79 Laps in 2011
Most Leaders: 6 in 2011
Most Lead Changes: 14 in 2008
Fastest Kyoto 250: 2012, 2:02:54.37, 122.054 MPH
Slowest Kyoto 250: 2010, 3:00:27.76, 83.126 MPH
Most Laps Led in a Single Kyoto 250: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz, 66 Laps in 2008
Most Laps Led Overall: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz, 238 Laps - is the only driver to have led a lap in all Kyoto 250 Runnings 2008-2012
Drivers who have led the most laps in the race without winning that year:
2008: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz (66 Laps Led)
2010: Michal "Drift King CZ" Saidl (64 Laps Led)
2011: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps (63 Laps Led)
2012: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz (63 Laps Led)

Discuss!
I also implore each and every driver to accept and adhere to the following pledge:

I have earned my spot in the 2013 Kyoto 250. I have raced hard, raced fast, and above all, raced respectfully with my fellow competitor. I have shown and will show respect the organization, and thank them for their work put into this event. I shall do my best to make the 2013 Kyoto 250 a great event. I shall use all of my skills to their fullest to survive. I accept this challenge with daring. I accept the risk with courage.
Now that was a bit over the top, but yeah sure.

What I learned most about those stats, excluding 2009, the driver who leads the most laps does not win the race.
#4 - CSF
Do you still have a server?
Just got a new screen(from 50 cm to 101 :schwitz.. hope i will not crash anyone..
Quote from Denny12 :Just got a new screen(from 50 cm to 101 :schwitz.. hope i will not crash anyone..

Well,if you can't rely on your skills,let's hope that at least size will matter...
#7 - Bean0
Spotters Guide

Any errors, please let me know

Edit: Reserves added, #9 corrected.
Once again, no idea why my team name is bs
#9 - CSF
It's because your driving is bs xoxox
Quote from PMD9409 :Once again, no idea why my team name is bs

I went from the posted grid, should be sorted now.
Also, race day server and TS passwords will be sent out within the next 12 hours via LFS forum private message.
WEATHER CONDITIONS: Cloudy Morning, Low Wind
Good luck Puntola!
ok, master server is down, waiting... with 38 laps to go
Quote from HenkkaWRC :Good luck Puntola!

not a chance. pitting before timeout, i already regret that before the timeout.
#18 - CSF
All drivers who were running at the time of the server failure, please return to the server.
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by dekojester : we don't know the cause so don't speculate!
Felt like everybody was wrecking right in front of me . 1 or 2 of the crashes in which I was involved were my fault. 1 was a lag bump (my only attempt at bump drafting) and the rest I was just right behind an incident. I was waiting for a long green flag run in which I wasn't crashed right at the restart.

Anyways, see you guys next year
Well done to Ray, Matt and Nate for bringing their cars home in the Top 10 and Remco for holding on until the finish. It felt great to see you three finally unlocking your potential for these races without getting into trouble
Gratz Arox! Shame that the only thing an LLM driver can do well at turning right is putting people into a wall though but thats what you get in LFS oval racing as long as I can remember

And no, I'm not talking for my team or my friends. Anyone with eyes can see that
#22 - CSF
Quote from Senninha25 :Well done to Ray, Matt and Nate for bringing their cars home in the Top 10 and Remco for holding on until the finish. It felt great to see you three finally unlocking your potential for these races without getting into trouble

IMO Nathan did that in the 500 already. It's a strange feeling cheering on Ray at the end of the race. It feels like I've been in a parallel universe.
Quote from CSF :IMO Nathan did that in the 500 already. It's a strange feeling cheering on Ray at the end of the race. It feels like I've been in a parallel universe.

I dont think ive ever finished the 250 or 500 outside the top 10.
grats ray and awox, atleast this one worked out without us wrecking each other
Feels like worst oval race ever, got into way too much crashes, couldn't find rhythm, was always losing on restarts and on the last one i spun and had to restart almost last. 14th place in finish feels like great success after all that.
Congrats AroX.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG