The online racing simulator
Marus
(180 posts, started )
some about how people see LFS:
I cant fully agree with imol this time, and I agree with you Isaac. People with skills should not only make a WRs but they also should Race sometimes and prove their epicness. But fact is, making many WRs like marus did here is a more "LFS wordwide prestige" than even driving and winning top leagues and thats sad. Anyway its easier for people to look at LFSW and see who and where has so many wrs than find points and standings from leagues. I think issiue its a fact that even top LFS leagues are much less "mainstream" than LFSW and WRs or MHRs. Top leagues info are not that "catchy" to find. Also peoples "mind projections" about lfs now its not to be best racer, but its + and - of LFS because it leaves you very free decisions on your LFS "carrer" so you can be drifter, you can be hotlapper, you can be suber best cruiser, or racer or lfs is just because you like to play it and no more above this.

And back to marus and his decisions about this:
Well its kinda hard to catch and talk with him about "hey come here and drive some leagues". Its always like "ok ok i will do next round with you guys" and 3-4 or 2-3 days before race "sorry i cant do this because of (and here put some good reason to not drive).
We dont know exact reason why he is like that but I've talked with him today and he informed me he did 200wrs and he probably could do 2-3 more today but his pedals are seriously damaged and quoting him "my wheel was designed to make only 200wrs ". He wants to find some replacement this month and he sayed when he finally make his dream about "bombing LFSW with WRs" come true he needs now some successfull runs in top leagues but this probably will happen when he will buy DF GT wheel around summer time. (atm. he's using some Logitech wingman or something worse and maybe without FFB).
But I cannot guarantee you he will be around for some serious racing in summer or little after when some serious league will start probably.
Only thing we can do about seeing him in a serious race is waiting and hoping...
WR's blah blah It's like drinking non alcoholic beer, it might feel the same but something is not right.
jealos
There are people who could do a lot more than 200 WRs in two years, though.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :There are people who could do a lot more than 200 WRs in two years, though.

one of them is not you
Never said i am
funny how you are butthurt from the stuff i said on cargame, and now you come here and try to annoy me and get my attention : (
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :There are people who could do a lot more than 200 WRs in two years, though.

Like Marus If he had as much time as people you were thinking about when you wrote this post.

Maybe but none have made it Gratz to Marus, now yeah as mentioned before would really enjoy (and whole Vires) if he could do leagues as well but looks like he never really want.

Still awesome performance, with his own sets btw !
Quote from Franky.S :one of them is not you

Nor you.
E: Maximum 940 WR's possible, do that and you are legend.
Quote from TexasLTU :Nor you.
E: Maximum 940 WR's possible, do that and you are legend.

I guess once one alien reaches 940 WRs in LFS, S3 will come. (never)
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :Never said i am
funny how you are butthurt from the stuff i said on cargame, and now you come here and try to annoy me and get my attention : (

i was just supporting you in a negitive way
Mainly because MARUS was in FU Racing before spdo. Nilex has blessed him with the mighty power of FU racing, believe that.
Did he cut again KY2R oval to get WR from Koskinen?
Need to update hotlap check. Oval cut, ky3 and FE6 cut doesnt looks good..
Quote from przemek21061995 :Joonas did the same

He cut it in the first place though. Joonas cut it afterwards, not initially. But thats not the first or last time someone will do that at kyoto.
Hotlapping has allways been to find any possible way to get fastest. Unrealistic ways to drive, unrealistic aids (macro clutch etc) doubtfull lines and so on. However, it does not remove the fact that some people are insanely fast and have done huge amounts of practice.

I think people need to chill and don't be so high on their horses. For me a good racer is one whi does his / her best to drive sportman-like, and at same time a re fast. It takes more skills to be able to be fast in a dynamic enviroment than a steril hotlap enviroment.

But again, they are much faster then what I ever can dream to be, so congratulation for beein gso fast. You other jelous people - chill the **** out lol

Edit: sorry for all the misspellings, on a phone.
Quote from IsaacPrice :He cut it in the first place though. Joonas cut it afterwards, not initially. But thats not the first or last time someone will do that at kyoto.

Was faster than you anyways
On the first time he was behind Isaac on the oval part when he cut it, though.
Quote from Æthelstan :Was faster than you anyways

Don't care that he beat my time - Joonas had already beat it fairly anyway, was more defending Joonas' point of view - and in general, like Tomek said - over 1 lap I'm not the fastest, dunno if Marus is faster but others are probably a few .0x faster here or there and in other(more competitive) games I'm .3 or more off, so I don't have a reason to be too full of myself. If you're faster why not do it the fair way. Its actually silly how many people are just implying I'm jealous of him. If I was jealous I would be hotlapping LFS trying to get them back rather than playing iRacing so that I can put myself against faster drivers and lose a lot so I can learn and keep enjoying driving
just admit it
Some say that one of his eyes is a teste. And that he was turned down for I'm a celebrity because people have heard of him.
#73 - War
I'm really dissapointed in some of you guys. One guy achieves something and yet others whine and look for mistakes in his achievement. That just clearly states only one thing - jealousy.

I'd say good job on the WR's and if you like doing WR's then why not, some people cruise, some drift, some race, some do WR's...
Quote from War :I'm really dissapointed in some of you guys. One guy achieves something and yet others whine and look for mistakes in his achievement. That just clearly states only one thing - jealousy.

Can't agree more to be honest, it's just so weird to see all of these people being so bitter about someone who has put a lot of work and time in doing what he clearly has enjoyed doing. Nobody has ever not allowed you to do it yourself..
Bitter? Not really. I think atleast in my view the main things I've said are.

1) Quality is more important than Quantity. Marus has some very good(I think) laps there too, so it isn't really an insult at him. It just annoys me when people are like "wow 200 wr's, what a boss I just jizzed my pants". That isn't whats impressive about what he did at all. I think anyone who can do a large number of wr's would agree that getting a wr isn't hard, if they're .2 or so off the limit of what is possible - it's not that hard to get to that level - what is more impressive is to go that little bit faster. Maybe not everyone can understand that, but thats what I look for rather than how many wr's he has. Thats what matters more(if you do 200 wr's that arent good, 1 day you will have a lot less.)

2) General sadness @ the fact LFS is so much about hotlapping these days. It's not jealousy. The only thing I could be jealous of them for is being able to enjoy hotlapping without wanting to race. It would be awesome to see the all the best drivers on the same race track racing each other. atm in leagues it feels demotivating if we lose, and feels like thats what we should achieve if we win, so it isn't that fun at all. If there were more top drivers driving, it would be somehow motivating to lose and to try and do better next time, and wouldn't be something expected for us(ineX) to win. But thats just how it is, and my posts won't change anything. But I'm the type who will post what I think, afterall - isnt that what forums are for?

3) I don't think you can really argue that cutting a part of the track to gain time is immoral. I wouldn't do it myself, if the WR holder hasn't done it(or, I cut a corner partially at KY3 in my FZR lap because arrechee did that and I was going to try and beat him in MHR). At the end of the day though it's the devs problem, the problem is that it's possible to do it without it being invalid. I can't blame people for being tempted to gain free laptime. But I can easily see where Joonas was coming from too, so I defended him.

If I post anything more I'll just be repeating myself for a 3rd time so I won't waste my time, or yours if you're silly enough to read my posts. Anyway, gratz Marus. The number of wr's doesn't matter to me, but still admire the fast laps you've done

Marus
(180 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG