The online racing simulator
Was just driving around this track in TV Cam, and saw this.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynce, this is just amazing work. I'm not sure though, do I have patience to stay on the track
when I see those sand areas..
Just unbelievable, thank you!

Quote :South City Incomplete Hi-Res Texture Pack by deCesaris:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=81391

Master, I'm grateful.
Lynce, watch JAtree_T1ATEST.dds please ( letters on the texture ). Also not all files for Fern Bay. Will you make fix ?

P.S. 10 monthes of work :thumb3d: Really cool result :sheep:

[edit] Oh, damn. Textures are really cool, so coll... No words... And maybe you will make few reflections to Fern Bay ?
Quote from Speed Senna ::faint:

Hahaha, thanks!

Quote from Jason1984 :Would like to say thanks for all your hard work Lynce and effort into this pack. Really shines LFS in all directions! The look of it just makes the overall experience much better!

Take time to rest because of your hardwork you put into FernBay. We shall see you next year for the other tracks

Thank you, brother.

Well, perhaps I can make another stuff. Some files to complete this track and sounds (I do not mean engine sounds). Menu and LFS sounds.

I'm not sure if I can make some interesting thing here but I can try it.

I was thinking, also to make some demo content but I really think lfs community give me the idea. Wich car or wich track.

Anyway, I have to say the same thing, to be honest with me and everybody, I don't know if the quality go to be good.

Quote from FireMike15 :Thanks for this Lynce, that was very professional work from you, as always.
I take my hat for you sir.

Thanks as always, my friend.
I'm glad to read you always in my most important moments in these forums.
Hehehehehe.
Even with everybody, of course.

Quote from AlienT. :Great job mate, I'll have to fire LFS up again when I get home. Pity the developers don't seem to have the same passion.....but we won't go there again

Thank you, mate.

In my humble opinion if I may, I think LFS developers work so hard in the beginning. That gives a lot of motivational wear.

I think the philosophy and this way of work is free and we have to accept it.

Anyway I really think they are honest with us and I really think Live for Speed has a lot of life and I think it can still be updates.. What I believe is that if this project was dead, developers would tell us. I believe in their honestly.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Great

Thanks!!

Quote from Gougoodthing :Was just driving around this track in TV Cam, and saw this.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

I'm glad you like it.

Quote from deCesaris :Lynce, this is just amazing work. I'm not sure though, do I have patience to stay on the track
when I see those sand areas..
Just unbelievable, thank you!

Master, I'm grateful.

You deserve it.

I love your effort in your work.

Much encouragement, brtoher!!

Quote from Frunze118 :Lynce, watch JAtree_T1ATEST.dds please ( letters on the texture ). Also not all files for Fern Bay. Will you make fix ?

P.S. 10 monthes of work :thumb3d: Really cool result :sheep:

[edit] Oh, damn. Textures are really cool, so coll... No words... And maybe you will make few reflections to Fern Bay ?

Yeah, I can do it.

When I release the "Patch" in 2013.

Can you wait?

Thanks for your notice.
Sure, my friend. We can wait 4 years for Scirocco, why no wait couple of months for RP ?
#31 - troy
Thanks for all the hard work I was waiting for some higher res fernbay.

One problem I've found: You can see a lot of flickering going on coming to T1 at Fernbay Gold/Club/Black. After investigating the cause it seems to be some weird texture usage on Eric's part, he reuses the start finish line texture again in T1 which in turn causes flickering, if I replace that texture it is completely gone, only problem is that the start finish line is gone too with that rather crude fix.

Picture one: Original JA_roadxtras.dds -> flickering
Picture two: JA_roadxtras.dds replaced with JAroad_t1.dds -> no flickering

Maybe you can do a better job and somehow get rid of the flickering while having a start finish you can see Lynce?
This flickering happens on almost any 4096x4096 road texture, someone once said its more to limitation of graphics engine (DX8 isnt made for such a high resolutions...)
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :This flickering happens on almost any 4096x4096 road texture, someone once said its more to limitation of graphics engine (DX8 isnt made for such a high resolutions...)

That’s not entirely true. I can see the flickering even with the original texture, which is 1024x1024.
Attached images
flickering_texture.jpg
#34 - troy
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :This flickering happens on almost any 4096x4096 road texture, someone once said its more to limitation of graphics engine (DX8 isnt made for such a high resolutions...)

If you have a look at my screen shots I could get rid of the flickering, so it's a problem on the texture end.
ok
Just tested it, and LOVED it! great work Lynce!
Long awaited, worth the wait. Downloading!
Thankyou Lynce! Amazing work
tnx Brother.
Great work Lynce

Some minutes ago I'm driving Fern Bay with the new textures (>300 MB of Graphic Card memory used - never before in LFS )... beautyfull!

But I've found a missing texture. Have a look at the attached image.
Attached images
missing-texture.jpg
Awesome
Simply amazing

Fantástico!

Thanks/Obrigado!
@ Scawen/Victor: well, isn't it time to at least give this guy a "Semi-Dev" status?

unbelievable what you can get out of that old DX8 engine Lynce

this should really be included in the normal download, especially for all those full motion sims running on exhibitions. You can see the difference on a 6m x 4m beamer canvas.
I hope that in the future you find the will and energy to do the same work on the other tracks

My LFS now use 1300mb texture memory in game haha
Quote from troy :Thanks for all the hard work I was waiting for some higher res fernbay.

One problem I've found: You can see a lot of flickering going on coming to T1 at Fernbay Gold/Club/Black. After investigating the cause it seems to be some weird texture usage on Eric's part, he reuses the start finish line texture again in T1 which in turn causes flickering, if I replace that texture it is completely gone, only problem is that the start finish line is gone too with that rather crude fix.

Picture one: Original JA_roadxtras.dds -> flickering
Picture two: JA_roadxtras.dds replaced with JAroad_t1.dds -> no flickering

Maybe you can do a better job and somehow get rid of the flickering while having a start finish you can see Lynce?

Hi, Troy, How are you?

Yeah. I see that enormous trouble in the texture development and I did make some tests to try to fix it without good results. Even change the range of the size (16:9).

I see that is a change and you can find a solution. Congratulations, brother. But I think If you change the texture as you did I think that affect to other parts of the track, but I'm not sure because I didn't make as you did it.

Some time ago, people talked about the same trouble and they have commented that is a trouble of the Ati's graphic cards. I think it is an incomplete information.

Thank you very much by your interesting post.

Quote from Flame CZE :That’s not entirely true. I can see the flickering even with the original texture, which is 1024x1024.

I saw that too. By that reason I did not more tests or changes.

Quote from Specht77 :Just tested it, and LOVED it! great work Lynce!

Obrigadinho!!

Quote from Hahmo :Long awaited, worth the wait. Downloading!

Hope you like it. Thanks.

Quote from Velocity. :Thankyou Lynce! Amazing work

Thank you too by your support!!

Quote from Nicce :tnx Brother.

Thanks!!

Quote from Pasci :Great work Lynce

Some minutes ago I'm driving Fern Bay with the new textures (>300 MB of Graphic Card memory used - never before in LFS )... beautyfull!

But I've found a missing texture. Have a look at the attached image.

I think is an internal trouble in the Live for Speed texture mapping.

Thanks for your support, my friend.

Quote from The Very End :Awesome

Quote from OTone :Simply amazing

Fantástico!

Thanks/Obrigado!

Obrigadinho irmao. Gosto que ti gostes do meu trabalho. Perdoa o meu portugues mais nao e bom.

Thanks you, brother. I like you like my work. Sorry for my portuguese because it's not correct at all.

Quote from ACCAkut :@ Scawen/Victor: well, isn't it time to at least give this guy a "Semi-Dev" status?

unbelievable what you can get out of that old DX8 engine Lynce

this should really be included in the normal download, especially for all those full motion sims running on exhibitions. You can see the difference on a 6m x 4m beamer canvas.

WoW!!

Amazing comment. Thanks!!

I recognize that when I was working in this track I didn't believe in that changes were fabulous, really. That was a surprise for me. I'm very happy with this changes and people can enjoy this textures, of course. That last is the most important for me.

Quote from The Very End :I hope that in the future you find the will and energy to do the same work on the other tracks

My LFS now use 1300mb texture memory in game haha

Hehehehe. Even more in future, brother.
A big :thumb3d:, a shiny :trophy: and my :bowdown: for your brilliant piece of work. It definitely empowers LFS to be a screenshot generator finally!

I hope there will be a solution to the tarmac flickering, though ...
The flickering has to do with lack of sufficient dithering when the game is trying to determine the color value for each pixel on your monitor. With the massive increase in texture resolution, the new textures will provide far more pixels with varying color information per pixel on your monitor. The flickering is just a sympton of crude metods in the graphics renderer for choosing the most representative color value for each pixel on your monitor. You might think of it as a lack of anti-aliasing for textures/surfaces, rather than edges.

For those of you who have powerful graphics card, you can turn on supersampling anti-aliasing. The screen will be drawn at 2, 4, or 8 times the resolution on your display (depending on drivers), and the overshooting pixels are used to determine the average (or representative if you like) color value for each pixel on your monitor. The result is a much "calmer" image since there is no dramatic changes in color values for neighbouring pixels (atleast when compared to a non-supersampled anti-aliased image).

You can also try adjusting the map bias for grass and road surfaces in options to reduce the flickering.
#48 - troy
Again, this is not an AA problem (at least not on the occasion I posted about) You can clearly see that Eric reused the Start/Finish line and parts of it flicker in T1. If you just replace the Start/Finish you wont have flickering any more. Any amount of AA/Supersampling/AF wont make that go away.
Sorry, I haven't tested the skins myself. But I'm guessing it's the sort when you have two overlapping surfaces? I don't see any reason for it to happen unless the geometry of the race track was changed.
#50 - troy
The flickering is also there on the original texture, did you read the thread at all?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG