The online racing simulator
Quote from smove :A big :thumb3d:, a shiny :trophy: and my :bowdown: for your brilliant piece of work. It definitely empowers LFS to be a screenshot generator finally!

I hope there will be a solution to the tarmac flickering, though ...

I though the same about your works, my friend.

I'm glad to see an amazing the talent like yours.

Please, I hope to see more projects from you and, sure, community thinks the same.

About the "flickering". I don't know how to fix it, but lfsrm gave me an idea when he talks about dds converter.

Troy gives me another idea but I don't know if that affect another parts of the track. Anyway that trouble is just an aesthetic trouble with the "horizon" of the mapping(I don't know how to explain it better by my english limitations). By this reason it is irrelevant to work with it and the time expended on it affects the time of work of the "patch" of this track. I can have more time to do another interesting works.

I want to start on the end of this month or beginning of the January. Finally I will not take a rest.

I will go to back to the work soon. I have a lot of motivation.

News._

Credit section updated.
#52 - troy
Quote from Lynce :
Troy gives me another idea but I don't know if that affect another parts of the track. Anyway that trouble is just an aesthetic trouble with the "horizon" of the mapping(I don't know how to explain it better by my english limitations). By this reason it is irrelevant to work with it and the time expended on it affects the time of work of the "patch" of this track. I can have more time to do another interesting works.

As far as I know the only draw back is that the start/finish lines will be gone, if you check the two .dds files in question they are virtually the same, one just got the additional start/finish line in it. Attached screen-shot for easy comparison. I tried fixing it on my own making the start line smaller but that just looked ugly and didn't really work, so I completely replaced the start line with tarmac because I rather have no flickering with no start line instead of the other way around.
Attached images
ddsfiles.jpg
Quote from troy :As far as I know the only draw back is that the start/finish lines will be gone, if you check the two .dds files in question they are virtually the same, one just got the additional start/finish line in it. Attached screen-shot for easy comparison. I tried fixing it on my own making the start line smaller but that just looked ugly and didn't really work, so I completely replaced the start line with tarmac because I rather have no flickering with no start line instead of the other way around.

Could it possibly help moving the S/F line away from the edge of the texture, like in the picture attached? I know, it would still be a compromise, but surely better than removing the line completely.
Attached images
ddsfiles_test.jpg
Quote from troy :As far as I know the only draw back is that the start/finish lines will be gone, if you check the two .dds files in question they are virtually the same, one just got the additional start/finish line in it. Attached screen-shot for easy comparison. I tried fixing it on my own making the start line smaller but that just looked ugly and didn't really work, so I completely replaced the start line with tarmac because I rather have no flickering with no start line instead of the other way around.

Thanks!!

Now I understand very well what do you mean.

Quote from smove :Could it possibly help moving the S/F line away from the edge of the texture, like in the picture attached? I know, it would still be a compromise, but surely better than removing the line completely.

A brilliant idea.

Perhaps if does not affect to the grill can be interesting to improve on this way.

Of course this is your idea and in the patch will appear you and Troy on the collaboration credits.
#55 - troy
Quote from smove :Could it possibly help moving the S/F line away from the edge of the texture, like in the picture attached? I know, it would still be a compromise, but surely better than removing the line completely.

I tried to fiddle around with all kinds of solutions, making it smaller, leaving more space on top or bottom but it seems to be chopped up in a really weird way, the start line is not what you think it would be judging from the picture of the texture, half of it is used on the fernbay green start the other half on the fernbay gold start both of those are then again used not in a single line but chopped in half again for the actual start line. At some point I just ran out of patience and decided that the line isn't that important after all.
Also, Lynce, I noticed that not all links clickable here :

www.revolution-pack.com

I mean that left menu. Will you add files there ?
#57 - troy
Best I could come up with, zero flickering but not a very nice start line. Maybe somebody with more talent can get more out of it. For me thats enough to race on. (2048 version)
Attached images
startlinefix.jpg
Attached files
JA_roadxtras.zip - 1.6 MB - 455 views
Hello, just thought I'd report here:

I have downloaded 4096x4096 pack and I am using nVidia GTX 470, for some reason I get no flickering at all. I am using maxed out settings, 8xAA and 16xAF.

I have absolutely no idea why, but I am so glad I can enjoy this pack without any problem. Thank you Lynce. Take your time.
#59 - troy
Mh, I'm on a GTX260 and get flickering, also Full AA/AF plus super sampling. Can't test it with another card right now, GF is hogging her laptop.
No flickering for me on dual ATi HD4850's.
On my so far unsuccessful journey to a flicker-free road I encountered what to me looks like a bug. Or is it a limitation? Or even a feature?
Attached images
fe_rally_bug.jpg
Will be using these textures (and previous sky textures) for the broadcast of GT1 World Series round 2 tomorrow
AMAZING WORK!! Now if only someone would start working on updating ALL the interiors of every car.
I just found a small issue with one of the tree textures. (Not sure which...) It appears that, at the bottom of the trunk, there is a website URL.

This is where the tree is located (circled)

Just something I thought was interesting and should be an easy fix.
That's very cleverly hidden advertisement. :haha:
Amazing. just installed it and let a group of XFRs loose round FE Black

btw, 450MB texture ram needed now with a full high res grid
i'be tested the Revolution pack and the visual that gives is impresive.

Also i dont have any fps loss on a full grid on FE with 1280x1024 res with aax2 & afx16 with all the settings maxed out i still have 30 fps and solid 50+90 after 1 lap

The problem is that the loading track from 10 sec ( With vanilla textures ) to 1 minute+ is pretty high on old pc's like mine, even the 2048 textures have the same loading time

my solution was grab some textures and test if i was able to reduce the loading time. so i got a nice balance withing the new textures and the loading time

Still, i gona wait for a westhill revolution pack =) ( The most forgoten track and the best one )
Is it me or is there supposed to be a barrier here?
Attached images
1.png
2.png
Quote from DavidTiger :Is it me or is there supposed to be a barrier here?

Thats a feature / bug that happens in open FE config. Scawen is aware of it but I think they are not going to do much about it
Quote from troy :Mh, I'm on a GTX260 and get flickering, also Full AA/AF plus super sampling. Can't test it with another card right now, GF is hogging her laptop.

hmm...i'm using a GTS250 (yes needs to replaced...) and if i use values higher than 4xAA / 4xAF / multisampling, i get a BSOD....i'm already using the latest WHQL driver....
News._

Numbers from RP's blog in 2012

Thank you very much to ALL.
may i ask, what browsers work on http://www.revolution-pack.com/ website?

i have IE 7, and google chrome, nether of which seem to work, IE 7 doesn't have the link bar thing on the left, google chrome it comes up, but can't select anything no links work :/

thanks.

(Long story why i still use IE 7 haha, can't stand the default fonts on IE 8, and i use google chrome only as a backup incase some websites don't work, but in this case it doesn't work)
Site seems to work fine here on Opera.
works fine on IE9
Thank you, the Devs may not be improving the Game anymore, but the Modders sure are! It looks fantastic, well done!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG