The online racing simulator
S3 Downhill mountain.
(138 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :If rallypack comes I'll pose naked to the LFSforum - to joy and horror for you others!

Lol I'll make sure to block you the day rally pack comes out
Quote from The Very End :If rallypack comes I'll pose naked to the LFSforum - to joy and horror for you others!

Do want!

Eric you read that? Quick release it!
new picture has been released
Looks to be flat unfortunately
Becuase it's not a real track. It's a car :P
Whatever it is, or with any elevation changes or not, this thing is the most interesting news for LFS these last year. Actually something new to drive on - myst be 04-05 (S2 launch) since last time? (Oh and blackwood updates aswell as SO6 / open configs are not new tracks)
It's not really that interesting though Tor. Whatever is "built" can be easily replicated with a few layout objects. It's just the AutoX place with a car to create a "faux" environment around.
If it's all cosmetic, it's not that interesting IMO. Even if it's there for the looks, it doesn't look that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaDj4qj-BP0

This looks better in my opinion (refering to the grass and trees) and it's been there for a while (doesn't work in 0.6 though )
I know vob's arent allowed but thats awesome..
oh my goddddd
Quote from Omar1 :oh my goddddd

Why are you so excited. It's pretty lame. A collision less mesh. It's not really a "great" thing. It's just that nobody has been stupid enough to attempt it because its a stupid idea.

A real track would be exciting, this shit is just a car mesh. How is that anything cool or good?
Well, shit or not, it is interesting. It's more interesting than most of the latest LFS news.
I'm sorry.. but someone making a Dolan car skin is more interesting than this shit.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why are you so excited. It's pretty lame. A collision less mesh. It's not really a "great" thing. It's just that nobody has been stupid enough to attempt it because its a stupid idea.

A real track would be exciting, this shit is just a car mesh. How is that anything cool or good?

Agreed.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why are you so excited. It's pretty lame. A collision less mesh. It's not really a "great" thing. It's just that nobody has been stupid enough to attempt it because its a stupid idea.

Even if the track mesh is written in the world file or in a car file, there's no ingame difference.
About the collision, you must have misunderstood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 6i_M&feature=youtu.be

The only thing that's missing is height levels. Which would be amazing, but unfortunately, not possible (yet).
Those don't look like it's actually colliding with the track.. it's like there is lyt objects outside of the mesh causing those.

And don't be saying "yet" becuase it isn't possible. Not without a real track.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm sorry.. but someone making a Dolan car skin is more interesting than this shit.

Most people can barely make a skin let alone this track... Can you make one better? If so let's see it.

I actually think this track is impressive in itself and thank the people that created it, shows a lot of hard work and it looks great.
It's a stupid idea. A more worthwhile one would be actually modding the layout objects to be useful. It takes a certain kind of crazy/stupid to actually do a track using a model-edited BF1.
If anything it is highly creative
still waiting for that mrt race :P
Looks awful
Thats awesome, after all those years waiting for new content I wouldn't mind driving on something different.
That's the reason things like this happen.

Some of us fell in love with this game, we play it every day, other sims just don't come any close to the experience we get from Live for Speed. But at the same time we have been stuck with the same content in combination with no official modding tools since forever.

Some will start spamming the lfsforums, asking and begging for new content, others will leave Live for Speed for another sim, but the people who love this game too much will end up doing things like this.

There is nobody to blame. I think the way the devs are working on this game is the best way. If they would have continued development with a bigger team, or if somebody paid them a lot of money to finish "S3", it would not be the same, because you are confronted with deadlines and expectations. You will no longer be making the game from deep within your heart, but because of rules and dates instead.

For two years I was a Game Developer and I have gotten in a lot of trouble because of this. If I would ever work on another game, it would be my own game, in the exact way the devs are creating Live for Speed.

@dawesdust_12
It is indeed different than a real 'track'. We have chosen for the 'Autocross' map because of the available flat space. Editing full tracks wasn't going to work, because they contain lots of things that most people don't think about in the first place. It's not all about geometry data and collision. Real tracks contain materials (asphalt/grass/gravel), animated objects (waving flags), checkpoints, finish lines, areas with audio environmental effects, materials that can have skidmarks, additional objects/components that can not be edited through the layout editor, 'out of map/restricted' areas and spawnpoints for resetting cars.

It is indeed a very crazy/stupid idea. In fact, it was my idea. I did it for fun a while back when I imported a version of "Akina Mountain" made by a chinese friend.

It had no working collision/height levels/textures/shadows or anything. But after thinking about it, most of these things could be done, like Chase did with RnM Sportsland. We could recreate any real life track in Live for Speed as long as it would fit in the autocross space and did not contain any height levels. We could texture the whole thing, add collision with the available layout objects and bake the shadows in 3ds max.

It is indeed very limited, unlike the existing tracks in Live for Speed, but at the same time, it feels refreshing and can be a lot of fun. Even though it is just a dummy car, locked into it's position, it makes the whole area feel really different.

I hope you have a nice weekend.

- Ramon / Endless
Founder of Driftmods/DGM

Some additional information to avoid misunderstandings,

5) I shall not post screenshots of so called vob-mods; modifications to the shape of any car in LFS.
- The screenshot of the custom track above is actually a layout object (a cone) replaced with a different 3d model using gen_black. No car shapes were modified.

6) I realise that if I ignore this agreement, I risk being denied access to this forum.
- I know, therefore I won't be posting any screenshots of the current track (RnM Sportsland) as it does replace an existing car (dummy) which is locked into position.

S3 Downhill mountain.
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG