The online racing simulator
S3 Downhill mountain.
(138 posts, started )
I actually don't know why this thread is still alive TBH. It breaks all the rules regarding modding on the forum. The only "allowed" mods are textures, sounds, and occasionally a version of Tweak. This kind of modding has been always frowned upon.
Because this thread is not breaking any rules according to the Agreement

To the mods,
Please close this thread as some people find it's content inappropriate.

Thanks.
Tbh, I think the devs should allow this as its only a layout.
Quote from Sp!tfire :Quote

Great post, and I wholeheartly agree.
The track / object you showed off had elevation changes, but you say at same time it did not work? What you mean - would the car just go straight true the ground and be on the same level as the rest of the autocross track?

And if I could, I would make a track, even if it was my certain ban
For offline fun I canot see whats wrong with custmo tracks, but of course for online that is a different story.
Quote from Sp!tfire :We could recreate any real life track in Live for Speed as long as it would fit in the autocross space and did not contain any height levels.

correction, as long as it fits the draw range of the car. =~200m diameter.

(you can have bigger tracks but that require multiple cars.)

Quote from The Very End :Great post, and I wholeheartly agree.
The track / object you showed off had elevation changes, but you say at same time it did not work? What you mean - would the car just go straight true the ground and be on the same level as the rest of the autocross track?

And if I could, I would make a track, even if it was my certain ban
For offline fun I canot see whats wrong with custmo tracks, but of course for online that is a different story.

it was a cone. so either yes and/or it would just fly away as a cone dose when you hit it.. :P
-
(Mr_Lonely) DELETED by Mr_Lonely : dubblepost
Quote from Bmxtwins :Tbh, I think the devs should allow this as its only a layout.

It isn't "just a layout". It relies on a VOB modded car, which aren't permitted on the forum and discussion as such has normally been kiboshed.
Spitfire only edited a cone
So, is it a cone, or a BF1? And since when is it a cone? Also wouldn't it have correct collision(possible uphill) if you replace it with a solid object like a barrier/ramp/armco/banner?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Spitfire only edited a cone

Your argument isn't much better. Yes the rules don't explicitly state any object modding, but I'm sure if you asked any dev, they'd be sure to point out that its not what they would like on this forum as it creates compatibility issues.

For instance, I go mod my cone into a 7-11 sign. Now I've created an OOS situation because my cone is a different dimension than a normal cone. In my game, my cone would move where on others, the cone wouldn't have had a collision.

See the issue? I support and respect the developers wishes to try to keep anything found in this forum something that will always make their game compatible and not prevent them from joining/participating in normal LFS online and offline activities. With this stance, it also prevents people from installing something they found on these forums, and then being accused of a cheater when the user is simply using a mod that they found on the official LFS forum.

Understand what I mean? Not that I support or advocate any of this stuff being done, but I acknowledge that people will still continue with silly ideas even when presented with evidence as to why they are silly; however, these things should be done in their own space and not on the official forums because I guarantee that the moment this is released, Someone will install it in their game, and join an online game and either get OOS kicked by the LFS dedi, or get accused of being a cheater and they won't know why.

All because they installed a mod that they found on the official forum for the game. It's in the developers best interest to prevent this situation the best they can for sake of bad publicity.
Dawe plz, get laid allready! You are no fun, I am butthurt :sorry:
No. A stupid idea like a ****ed up BF1 is not something that should have the LFS forums standards against incompatible mods be breached.

This kind of shit is not good for LFS.
I never understood why there was the expression "party pooper" on the english language, now it makes full sense
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. A stupid idea like a ****ed up BF1 is not something that should have the LFS forums standards against incompatible mods be breached.

This kind of shit is not good for LFS.

I agree it's one ****ed idea, and it might not look that good too either, but by all respect, as long as it causes no harm to anyone and it's only purpose is to create some casual fun - why not?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. A stupid idea like a ****ed up BF1 is not something that should have the LFS forums standards against incompatible mods be breached.

getting mad over nothing, if you don't like this mod no one is forcing you to use it and no one is forcing anybody else to use it.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :This kind of shit is not good for LFS.

lol please explain how modders trying to breath life into a dieing game is bad for it?
Maybe it's a good indication of intellect (or lack thereof in this case) that the same people who think sliding around a corner is a good idea are also the same people that think a layout made out of a modded car is cool/good.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Maybe it's a good indication of intellect (or lack thereof in this case) that the same people who think sliding around a corner is a good idea are also the same people that think a layout made out of a modded car is cool/good.

I'll quote myself from another thread.

Quote from masternick :and people call drifters childish.......

calling drifters stupid because you have no real argument and no real reason to be hating on a mod other then you don't like it and seem to think you are better then others just because they choose a different type of motorsport then you and choose to mod a game they love.

Unfortunately for your sake, I do have a pretty strong and valid argument against mods that break compatibility. It's not my fault that you guys just don't get it. The best part of LFS is that everyone has the same game. No hunting for specific cars (at possibly outdated versions). That's what makes rfactor a nightmare for online driving.

That's why I'm incredulous as to why drifters are so feeble to continue to advocate incompatible mods. It breaks LFS's greatest strength over its competition. A 30 second from launch to server to track experience.
Gotta agree with TVE and masternick. I'm a drifter and don't really find this mod that exciting as it's just a flat autocross track, but if anything, it shows how absolutely desperate we are for fresh content at this point.

The anti-modding stance of LFS is pretty unhealthy considering the development model. Only people that get hurt by it are the players, the community. I'm not talking about allowing vob mods on multiplayer servers, because they shouldn't be.

The real solution would be to allow players to create completely NEW cars and tracks, then let the community organize and sync the content for leagues/servers. Even a simple MOTD message when joining a server that lists the required content would be easy to implement.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Unfortunately for your sake, I do have a pretty strong and valid argument against mods that break compatibility. It's not my fault that you guys just don't get it. The best part of LFS is that everyone has the same game. No hunting for specific cars (at possibly outdated versions). That's what makes rfactor a nightmare for online driving.

That's why I'm incredulous as to why drifters are so feeble to continue to advocate incompatible mods. It breaks LFS's greatest strength over its competition. A 30 second from launch to server to track experience.

so I guess you don't like tweaks either? because they effect online compatibility.

I can and so many others can use mods and never have issues with compatibility, if I want to use a mod I either use it offline or on a server that allows it, real hard?

This mod in no way will effect you or others who don't want to use it, if you want to use it take 30 seconds extra to find a server that runs the mod and you'll never have a issue with compatibility.

Your argument is horrible imo, you just seem to be looking for any reason to hate on it, hate on drifters and what do you gain from it? does it make you feel better about yourself?

Quote from Matrixi :Gotta agree with TVE and masternick. I'm a drifter and don't really find this mod that exciting as it's just a flat autocross track, but if anything, it shows how absolutely desperate we are for fresh content at this point.

If the track layout is bad nothing will help it lol
It was all about having lots of fun and we succeeded. And once the track is done the people who like it will probably experience the same.

Modding will not be allowed because there is no need for the devs to get into a lot of unecessary trouble over licensing and online play issues.

The current system is perfect. Think about it.

If we create custom vob mods/cars, tracks or tweaks, we will not be able to play online. No online racers will ever be bothered by those people. But at the same time, if we, the modders, do want to play online with our creations, we can host a modified server and still have that 30 second from launch to server experience.

I can't think of a better way the devs could have done this really. Also, mods are not available on the official lfs.net website / lfsforums, so this way the new people will never be bothered with incompatibility issues/non working mods.

I don't see this as a threat towards modding. It's just a protection to keep this place good and clean for enthusiasts and new people.

There is no need to hate on drifters/modders though. Everyone is just doing their thing. Racers have their own space, so do drifters, cruisers and modders. Let them do what they want and have fun, and keep the 'vanilla LFS' the same as always for the best online racing experience.
so... anyone else waiting for that layout to be out for RACING OR DRIFTING OR WHATEVER ****ING BITCHING CRASHING MUTHABUKCING OR BITCHING UR GONNA DO AT IT!
wouldnt mind racing on it tbh
You have to take into account the environment in which the game is made. Only so much area is available so you have to make due with whats available. For something like this to be made and work within the environment is in itself no easy task to accomplish.

These same limitations are probably why there aren't open courses already in LFS. All are tracks are within a confined space that's pre-loaded and can't really be altered much.
... There are open configs in LFS.
Open configs in LFS opened up some new corner combinations, but other than that - nothing.

I do not say it was bad, because open config system is great by all means, it's just that it came too late. Allready played the tracks back and forth and all possible ways. Changing the car and drive the same track is not too much of a difference anyway when you have done xx xxx laps IMO :/

S3 Downhill mountain.
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG