The online racing simulator
Skin stealing banter.....
(118 posts, closed, started )
#1 - J@tko
So, someone has stolen your own, hand-crafted skin and is driving around like a n00b on public servers with it. What do you do? Well this guy uploaded a new skin with the same name, highlighting the idiocy of this particular driver as he drives around with what he thinks is a nice skin, when in fact he's driving around in, well, see attached

1. Sorry about the crappy quality, firstly due to my LFS settings needing to be low to avoid my laptop melting and secondly due to compression
2. I am aware that the skin DEFINITELY isn't allowed under LFS World rules, and possibly a little risque for the forum, but I thought it was worth it for the banter. Please remove if it is found to be inappropriate.
Attached images
lfs_00000038.jpg
lfs_00000037.jpg
lfs_00000036.jpg
:riceboy:
LOL That is good. I like that one.
Nice idea...

What was the name of the skin who the stealer was using?
#5 - J@tko
Honestly don't know It was the ~2050 CET race on Cargame S2 last night, if anyone wants to check the replay and see what gets downloaded :P
That's beautiful...how to pull a prank on a thief in 3 simple steps
Quote from J@tko :Honestly don't know It was the ~2050 CET race on Cargame S2 last night, if anyone wants to check the replay and see what gets downloaded :P

The replays are at Cargame forum?

Where i can get it?
Quote from J@tko :Honestly don't know It was the ~2050 CET race on Cargame S2 last night, if anyone wants to check the replay and see what gets downloaded :P

Have you got the replay? If so, I think you can view a list of all skins in memory in Options > Misc, on the right.
epic
I laughed out loud.
But who the hell cares about your stupid skin.
Pull the stick out of your ass.
So sad from corsa, he drive terrible and now he stole skins...
#14 - col
Quote from cheeriodm :
but who the hell cares about your stupid skin.

+1
Quote from Inouva :So sad from corsa, he drive terrible and now he stole skins...

Is that a crime? I think I will start to stole your skins too. (not)

And btw, you do not drive so much good to tell corsa cant drive too lol
Quote from cheeriodm :i laughed out loud.
But who the hell cares about your stupid skin.

Quote from OTone :Is that a crime? I think I will start to stole your skins too. (not)

And btw, you do not drive so much good to tell corsa cant drive too lol

Are you sure about that?
Quote from Sobis :Why would you care at all? No one can see your custom skins anyways...

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not quite right.
I got a friend with S2 license and he uploads my skins whenever I need it. I also sometimes play LFS S2 at his house
Oh I see
#21 - Jakg
Blates stole my idea

#22 - col
Well, I think you guys are being childish to the max.

If someone really wanted to 'steal' you skin, they would make a copy with different name and use that - then your stupid prank skins wouldn't work.

What's happening here is someone looking through all the skins they have downloaded, seeing one they thing is cool and using it - nothing wrong there imo - you should take it as a complement.

Did you even ask these 'thieves' if they realised you aren't happy for them to use your skin?
Quote from col :Well, I think you guys are being childish to the max.

If someone really wanted to 'steal' you skin, they would make a copy with different name and use that - then your stupid prank skins wouldn't work.

What's happening here is someone looking through all the skins they have downloaded, seeing one they thing is cool and using it - nothing wrong there imo - you should take it as a complement.

Did you even ask these 'thieves' if they realised you aren't happy for them to use your skin?

some skins are private, like team skins etc.
#25 - col
Quote from Mustangman759 :some skins are private, like team skins etc.

It seems clear to me that the act of uploading skins to LFS implicitly give others the right to download and use them as they see fit.
Until LFS includes some sort of DRM, or at least a way of including a copyright licensing notice with each skin, then the idea of skin theft is blatant nonsense. For a skin to remain private, you would have to avoid uploading it.

Some skins - I'm guessing jakgMGSkin is one (if not, then sorry) - include the intellectual property of other parties.
I'm guessing that these commercial entities turn a blind eye to their trademarks being used in this manner. However, I think they might be less benevolent if they knew that the likes of J@tka and jakg are claiming ownership.

If anyone is making skins from scratch, with 100% original designs that don't include logos, trademarks and design features taken from real world sources, then I can understand why they might be frustrated. Tought luck though - maybe when the physics is done, Scawen might be persuaded to put skin DRM on his to do list?
This thread is closed

(118 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG