The online racing simulator
Last Lap Motorsports
(359 posts, started )
Quote from boothy :Yes because telling the whole world that you kicked a driver is a great piece of good publicity - what other teams (apart from TRR) do you see doing this?

The guy is moving to England and sold his computer along with other virtual items. He no longer will race in LFS.
Thats why he left from the team on a mutual agreement on both sides, not because he moved houses. Were not autistic and going to kick everyone out of the team, we didnt even kick him and we wont be kicking people unless needed. That said I thank those who stick up for us, those who come here to troll really need to grow up and just leave everyone alone.
Quote from xtraction :boothy and Suzuki, just go away from LLM thread and stop flaming all the time, you boothy havnt changed, or will ever change. you never give people to the chance to improve or be a different person, you always result to trolling or just bringing up the past.

im sure alot of people wouldnt miss you. Cant you just be nice to people for once?

I don't think I need to change, haters can hate me all they want but I don't start having hissy fits about it.

It's funny because I was pleasantly surprised by LLM's Super GT results and thought they were just getting on with the important things like improving their driving and keeping a lower but positive forum profile.

However posting in your teams thread for the first time in a couple of weeks to say someone "has been asked to leave the team" basically negates all the positive things that happened with LLM recently. Especially when you then go on to say he was leaving the team of his own accord anyway, why say anything at all?
but why should you feel the need to troll like you do all the time.
#29 - Foqs
Sean, look, its pretty normal for 99% of fat nolifers here, so you better leave this and other trolled threads.

GL LLM
Well, we do report some lineup changes from time to time, don't teams usually do that? (Before I get into trouble, I'm not trying to be funny!)
Since most members check the forums for team updates more regularly than the team website (which is down), we thought it would be better to announce lineup changes here, even if the member in question was due to leave for about a week before the announcement.
I see what you mean with the post that mentioned "someone was asked to leave the team" boothy, but I wouldn't take it too seriously. It was more the fact that not many people knew what was going on with the member in question, so I'll make it clear right here and now:

- Mindaugas Stankus had been running into trouble for his short temper: he got a permaban from Cargame, lost his mind at a Baltic Cup race, insulting other peopel and even raged at one of his teammates for accidentally taking him off. These are the incidents that gave him 3 warnings, so the next warning would be a kick from the team.
But a week before he left, he told us he was selling his stuff and moving to the UK to start things over, so he ended up leaving; and yesterday, after his final league race, it was made official that he left the team.

And uh, now that I've looked at Ray's post, I guess he made it come across a bit too bluntly.
I'm not coming in his defense, but this isn't the first time that Ray's posts got him into trouble, and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean this post to come across as some sort of "gtfo" towards Stankus, since he had told us all that he had left the team on his own (Stankus') decision, and was not asked to leave.

Hopefully I've managed to sort this out the best way possible. I'm not promising that this will be the last time slip-ups like this will happen, but I would advise everyone to think twice about some posts that might come across as rude and insulting, it might just be pure sarcasm or a failed attempt to be funny.

By the way, what I just said didn't have any mean intentions towards anything or anyone, so please don't take it harshly.
Quote from Franky.S :you just kicked you fastest driver, nice.

1. Speed is not everything, we are based as a friendly and clean team.
2. He wasn't kicked persay, but due to the fact that he was taking a breather from LFS we asked him to take a breather from the team and apply in the future due to some incidents and outbursts that he has surrounding him (including permaban for raging @ cargame admins). Ontop of that he has had thrifts with other members and I have received complaints from other drivers about his raging at the Baltic Cup aswell. Ontop of this Stankus lied to me stating that SonicRealms was trying to recruit him. When I approached Jason he assured me he wasn't poaching drivers. If I cannot trust a driver then they cannot be on the team.

I presented this to Stankus and I told him he could apply in the future. We did not kick him, but asked him to leave. This was an amicable agreement due to his circumstance aswell. In no way did we give him the ban hammer. Cheers

Quote from PMD9409 :... they are soon going to be rockclan and kick/ban everyone out of their team.

This definately will not happen. We test drivers for quality control through replays and then accept them for Trial Memberships if we see fit. We have cut down on our recruiting efforts in hopes of keeping a smaller and more friendly team. This is the first driver who has ever left the team after being asked to do so, everyone else had left on his own terms.

Quote from boothy :I don't think I need to change, haters can hate me all they want but I don't start having hissy fits about it.

It's funny because I was pleasantly surprised by LLM's Super GT results and thought they were just getting on with the important things like improving their driving and keeping a lower but positive forum profile.

However posting in your teams thread for the first time in a couple of weeks to say someone "has been asked to leave the team" basically negates all the positive things that happened with LLM recently. Especially when you then go on to say he was leaving the team of his own accord anyway, why say anything at all?

1. You seriously do not realize how obnoxius you are.
2. Thank you, Rui put in a good effort. We appreciate the positive remarks aswell as the useful criticism to our driving
3. That is because he did not leave on his own accord, necessarily, but was asked to leave and agreed to amicably.

I think I am clear.
-
Looking to move in the right direction (Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins
Plans for LLM in the future.
Being less than a week until Christmas day, everyone at Last Lap Motorsports has been reflecting on a 2011 which was lackluster, but not so tumultuous year for the team.
Our objectives have been pointed out, now it's time to start working towards them, and looking at what needs to be fixed:
  1. Keeping a decent driver line-up. The main downsides of this year's line-up were immaturity (kids joining and adults leaving, added by some cases of bad behaviour), and activity (barely half of the 20-driver lineup were active).
  2. Being more strict on recruiting. Throughout this year we have brought in any driver that showed interest in joining, with very light requirements. That proved to be a disaster, as most of those drivers were inexperienced children, who knew little english and some of them didn't even know how to work with LFS properly, not to mention that they would lose interest pretty quickly. Lesson learned, then.
  3. Keeping attitudes under control. Some of our positive progress in 2011 has been overshadowed by some gaffes and bad attitudes by some team members either while racing or through the forum boards.
  4. Improving our capacity to make decisions and stick with them. Many of the races we entered last year were hampered by suddenly making last-hour decisions instead of doing things as planned. It either involved a driver having to leave all of a sudden, dumping a setup which was being worked on for a week on raceday, among other rushed decisions.
  5. Honing our racing and setup-building experience. We have been helped a lot by other racers when they sent us a setup to practice with, and that's what saves us for races, as we don't have enough experience to develop a good setup. And many team members have their own cars of choice when it comes to racing, which is bad, because there is very little experience and knowledge on the cars what they don't drive.
Here's what we're going to do to reach our objectives:
  1. As of now, we are going to kick drivers who have been inactive for more than 90 days, and start exercising stricter requirements for recruiting drivers. We are asking for more experienced and older drivers (age cap is 14, no more pre-teens! although we do make exceptions), who are willing to share their experience with the rest of the team and therefore help the team grow.
  2. We are implementing a 3-warning system for team members. If any of our drivers cause problems such as raging at people (admins and fellow racers), crashing on purpose, revenge-wrecking, cheating, or making fun of serious history matters, being racist, etc. will have a warning to his name. When the driver reaches the 3rd warning, he/she is automatically KICKED out of the team.
  3. And last but not least, there will be a plan to follow before races. It’s very simple and just includes the Title Drivers, who are available to drive on the race day and the Backup Drivers, who can fill in for a Title Driver who can’t make it to race day, so there aren’t any last-minute rushes to look for a driver because one of them just left. This plan has to be used for endurance and main league races.
With that said, Last Lap Motorsports wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and, if there aren't any news until then, a Happy New Year!

from Ray Kingsbury and Rui Pinto.
Merry X-mas and happy 2012 wishes from -TRR- to LLM!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :drink:
spdoRacing
Merry Christmas to LLM from everyone.

On another note:

LLM will no longer be accepting trial drivers. Drivers can still apply to be on the team but instead will not be allowed to wear the tag for 2 weeks. In the time the driver is under review he/she should be on teamspeak with the team and racing beside them on servers.
thanks Reno and Walter, I hope everyone at spdo and in the LFS community has a good Christmas and new year also!
Hi can i join.
Based on your past history, no.
Are you even serious about wanting to join?
My past history? Please enlighten me.
id guess ur attitude.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
-
(G!NhO) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
Mustangman759, how long till you stop posting and deleting your posts right after that?
Yes, i was thinking the same thing!
Quote from Flame CZE :Mustangman759, how long till you stop posting and deleting your posts right after that?

Maybe until he realises that everyone can now see who deleted their own posts and who didn't.
Quote from Flame CZE :Mustangman759, how long till you stop posting and deleting your posts right after that?

when i start thinking most of them through
Quote from Mustangman759 :when i start thinking most of them through

So next time do it BEFORE you hit the Submit button. Thanks.
Aka, put your brain into gear before you start running your mouth.
Good one.
Quote from G!NhO :Good one.

You came here looking to troll us, and that isn't right. So I ask you kindly to stop. Thanks.
-
(rockclan) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
-
(G!NhO) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
2012 Masters of Endurance 24h of Aston GP

Today was the day where, most likely, Last Lap Motorsports' hopes and efforts into making it to the grid of the biggest annual event in LFS Racing were dashed. And although failing to make the cut in Pre-qualifying is a morale-dashing disappointment, there are many good things to take out of the whole week's work.

First of all, good mark for the team's efforts. All of the drivers who were entered for the race did at least some practice even before Pre-qualifying (good note for Karolis Motiejuitis, Jordan Lavrikov and Rui Pinto for putting in some extra effort)

Also worthy of mention, the drivers' dedication and willpower towards reaching the goals established, even if those goals weren't quite met. As said before, the people involved in trying to get our GT2 entry to the grid did it with more enthusiasm and focus than ever (well, most of them). Karolis and Jordan were relatively new to the racing scene, but they managed to do a respectable job for their amount of experience with the car/track combo, so most "congratulations" and good vibes go to both of them.

Here's a personal reflection that I have following our results. Failing to make the cut was a hard blow for us, after all the time we spent practicing, knowing the track and the car into finer detail, trying to put up a good lap and also learning tips from more experienced and faster drivers. But again we had to face the fact that we were going for something very hard to do, which is qualifying an FX2, a risk that we took, and I'll stress this again, we chose this car, going up against the all-around faster FZ2 and XR2 cars.
But this result, more than anything, was a wake-up call. It's a reminder that you can't even get a decent result if you don't work for it. Even with a week of practicing stints before pre-qualifying, it was really hard to post a good time against the other teams. So hopefully this will keep everyone in mind of how important getting ready for an event really is.

To end this post-quali fail article, we have to thank Ring for helping us out with developing our setup, reigga for some track tips that came in quite handy, and obviously Jordan Lavrikov, Karolis Motiejuitis, Rui Pinto (and to a lesser extent), Nathan Lamothe and Ray Kingsbury for helping LLM in its attempt of making it to the most famous event in LFS Racing.

-written by Rui Pinto

Last Lap Motorsports
(359 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG