The online racing simulator
SAVAGE SimSports
(312 posts, started )
SAVAGE SimSports in GT1 World Series
SAVAGE SimSports in GT1 World Series

GT1 World Series, whose goal was to revive the old times of IGTC and Masters of Endurance, kept teams and drivers busy during the 2012/2013 season. Our team was represented by two cars, both racing in the Amateur class.

Needless to say, the races were very exciting and at the same time extremely difficult to prepare for. We are happy to have had at least one car doing great results throughout the season, which surpassed our expectations.

The biggest contributor to the success of car #56 was mainly Martin Kapal, who participated in almost every race. His teammates were Mantas Bražinskas, Ditlev Errebo, Miikka Sipola, Jonas Bakšys, Juho Räsänen, Roland Osza, Karl Raudsepp, Simon Bergewing, and a guest from mpower team Juraj Kuliška. Thanks to stable performance and reliability, the XRR #56 scored a 2nd place in the Amateur Championship and took 7th overall. Indubitably, this is a great success for SAVAGE SimSports, considering the short history of the team.

Our second crew driving the XRR #60, which could not participate in all races, scored a nice 10th place in Amateur class and 24th in the overall championship.

For the whole team of SAVAGE SimSports, special thanks goes to Juraj “bavorak” Kuliška, who was willing to be our team representative and did a great job on and off track, primarily in the last two races he participated in. We would not have been able to score a win and a very close second place without his help, thank you!

Overall standings »
Amateur Championship »
Pro Championship »

Original article by Jaroslav “Fast Jarda” Dohnalík
New Website
New Website!

Our old website was outdated and in need of a serious overhaul. After a couple of months of work, we're happy to finally show off the new site to the public. Take a look - we hope you like it!

While we're at it, we would like to thank our sponsors for their support:
Loopia »
Grainger Games »
PiiMega »

Follow us on Facebook »
Very cool and simple website guys!
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Jared Meade joins SAVAGE SimSports
Jared Meade joins SAVAGE SimSports

Jared Meade, 24, is a former Angry Angus Racing member. He started his LFS career in 2009, while he had raced in many simulators for a long time. In real life; he works in Industrial inspection and quality control and lives in New Brunswick, Canada. But during the weekends he enjoys his hobbies, for instance karting. Although having tight budget, he is racing against big drivers with big teams with really good equipment. Even if he is driving an 8 year old, not very competitive kart, he is very close to the top guys.

To get to know him more, we had a brief interview with Jared.

How did you found your way to sim-racing?
Hard to say... I was born in 1988 and I remember playing Indinapolis 500 The Simulation (released in 1989). I have always played racing-related computer games and began online racing when I was very young. I had to lie about my age in order to get into my first Nascar online league (in 1999), I was 12 and the rules stated you had to be at least 13 years old). It is hard to say exactly, I just always liked car racing and got in young.

What happened with Angry Angus Racing?

AAR just sort of slowly petered out over time. We were never able to grow beyond 4 drivers. I liked having a small team, but that is also dancing on the edge of disaster. And disaster sort of happened - one guy had his wheel break and lost interest in sim-racing in general, and the other two guys are very busy with university right now. We merged with Race Green Autosports for the GT1 World Series and I enjoyed my time with those guys and I wish them the best of luck in the future.

Why did you join SAVAGE SimSports?
After deciding to close AAR, I thought it was smart to figure out my future before I officially closed the doors. So I began to look through various team lists to find a team where I would fit in and have the most fun. I feel I am about in the middle of the speed level at SAVAGE, so I can learn and improve off of guys, but can also contribute. I also wanted a group where I could just have fun and not take things super seriously. My slogan with AAR was "this is just a computer game" and I think SAVAGE is very well grounded in understanding that fact and keeping things fun.

What have been the highlights of your sim-racing career; LFS career?
Before coming to LFS, I was an 8-time champion of the New Brunswick Virtual Racing League (a small, casual NR2003 league) but because the group was so casual, it was hard to really take pride in those achievements. For me, it was this years GT1 World Series 24 Hour round for 3 reasons: the fact that my little team was able to attract guys like Yann Laprevotte and Kevin Leu to race with us, the effort that EVERYONE on the team put into the event, and clearly the final result (3rd in Amateur class, it is so special to have those podium screenshots).

What type of racing do you like most?

In real life, I am not fussy. If it moves, I will race it or watch it be raced. For LFS, my heart is in GTR endurance. I just like the team nature and the fact that it is more of a thinking man's style of racing as opposed to just go fast!

We are proud to have Jared in our team. We hope he won’t regret his decision and enjoy his time in SAVAGE SimSports. If things turn out well, Jared will have his first race with SAVAGE next Sunday when the finale of New Endurance Challenge takes place.

Visit our webpage »
Follow us on Facebook »
Follow us on Twitter »
Saw the skin on his car Saturday. Awesome move for both parties
Dear Sewage SimSport Website person:

It's annoying as hell for your page to show the first new item in the banner as it always looks like dupe upon page load.

Sincerely,

Me.
Welcome Jared
Good to have you onboard, Jared.
Jarda Dohnalík retires
Jarda Dohnalík retires

Nothing lasts forever – and it’s no different here. Our good friend and team member, Jaroslav Dohnalík, has announced his retirement from his active simracing career. Before joining SAVAGE SimSports, he raced for Angel Power Racing, a Czech simracing team. After several years, he decided to join SAVAGE SimSports together with Martin Kapal. He did so in March 2012 and has been a vital part of our driver roster since then. The level of determination and dedication you have shown to us has been incredible – and we would like to thank you for all of your efforts.

We’ve had some great moments together and achieved some of our best results alongside each other. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

Best regards,
The rest of the team
Thanks for everything!
Hello everyone, if anyone reads it,

Yes, it's a reality, I have quit LFSing. Maybe that some of you think that too much stuff is going on around but I haven't decided to do this in one second, everything was planned and no one could have done anything about that. You're surely asking why.

Sometimes in human's life are happening things that influence our life more than we would ever expect. Unfortunately this has been happening to me for many long years and now the time came to make some decisions. One of those was quitting my LFS career.

The reason is simple. I suffer from serious health problems that are spoiling my life in many ways. One of those is that I will never be given a driving license, that's why I was LFSing so much. It was a part of my life. Unfortunately my condition is still getting worse and worse and LFSing became more and more difficult for me to play.

And that's it. I spent quite a lot of time with you guys even though that I should have cared more of my health but I do not regret anything! It was the best part of my LFS career and this everything was only because of you!

You were like a family for me and you still are even though I am not in SAVAGE anymore. You know that whenever you need someone to help with stuff around racing, I am here . I won't be driving but SAVAGE will stay in my heart forever!

I wish all of you good luck in racing and mainly in personal life! You're great people, it was pleasure for me to be there with you
I hope one day you will be able to get back to a state that allows you to come back.
Angel Power Racing!! I wish you all the best and i hope that you will get better soon. Thanks and cya on the track in future. Take care, Jarda.
I wish you the best!
Quote from Fast Jarda :Hello everyone, if anyone reads it,

Yes, it's a reality, I have quit LFSing. Maybe that some of you think that too much stuff is going on around but I haven't decided to do this in one second, everything was planned and no one could have done anything about that. You're surely asking why.

Sometimes in human's life are happening things that influence our life more than we would ever expect. Unfortunately this has been happening to me for many long years and now the time came to make some decisions. One of those was quitting my LFS career.

The reason is simple. I suffer from serious health problems that are spoiling my life in many ways. One of those is that I will never be given a driving license, that's why I was LFSing so much. It was a part of my life. Unfortunately my condition is still getting worse and worse and LFSing became more and more difficult for me to play.

And that's it. I spent quite a lot of time with you guys even though that I should have cared more of my health but I do not regret anything! It was the best part of my LFS career and this everything was only because of you!

You were like a family for me and you still are even though I am not in SAVAGE anymore. You know that whenever you need someone to help with stuff around racing, I am here . I won't be driving but SAVAGE will stay in my heart forever!

I wish all of you good luck in racing and mainly in personal life! You're great people, it was pleasure for me to be there with you

Get well soon! See ya in a few years!
Certainly is sad to see another active driver go. All the best to you and I hope you can find the strength to fight against your health problems.
Both SAVAGE cars finish fourth in GenR 9-hour Race
Both SAVAGE cars finish fourth in GenR 9-hour Race

9 hours of racing at Aston Historic Reversed brought two SAVAGE teams to a 4th place finish in both classes. The GT1 team, driven by Karl Raudsepp, Juho Räsänen and Martin Kapal, lost about 1 minute to the podium. The slower (but not less boring) GT2 car with Roland Osza, Jared Meade and Laurynas Matonis, with some damage on the rear-end of the car, managed to stay in 4th as well.
Gratz guys, well done!
SAVAGE SimSports on a podium after exciting 6 hours of Blackwood
SAVAGE SimSports on a podium after exciting 6 hours of Blackwood

The #56 of SAVAGE SimSports crossed the finish line in 3rd place in GT2 class, after hectic last couple of laps of the 2014 GT World Series.

Having started from the 9th position, nobody thought we could finish this high. Blackwood is a tricky track, where the risk of rolling your car waits in almost every corner. However, consistency, carefulness and a bit of luck meant that Jared Meade and Martin Kapal managed to score a podium finish, which surpassed all our expectations.

See you in South City!

Follow us on Facebook »
Well done
#247 - Jni
Great job!
Well done, mates!
Very nice Kapal

Great result you had there!

Go Go Savage!
SAVAGE SimSports score another podium finish at South City!
SAVAGE SimSports score another podium finish at South City!

With no big expectations for the Round 3 of GT World Series 2014, nobody would have thought we would end up only a few car lengths behind the GT2 winner. But as everyone had anticipated, lots of car-to-wall and car-to-car contacts were to be expected.

Jared Meade had some bad luck at the start, sustained some suspension damage and dropped into 12th. After repairing the damage, which cost us some time in the pit lane, Martin Kapal took over and managed to recover, so that by the time he had finished his last stint, he was in 3rd in GT2 class.

Then it was Magnus Björndal’s turn. His task was to keep up the pace to stay in 3rd, since we had a comfortable gap to 4th at the time. However, he showed us that he still can drive fast by constantly catching up the car ahead, so there was still a theoretical chance of a battle for 2nd.

It wouldn’t have been South City if there hadn’t been a twist of events in the crucial part of the race. With only a few minutes remaining, a safety car had to be deployed due to two cars flipped in one of the hairpins, which erased the gap between us and the 2nd GT2 car and, more importantly, we had a safe two lap advantage over the team behind us.

At one lap to green, Magnus got stuck behind a slower car at the end of the safety car queue, so when the green flag was waved, he still had about 10 seconds to catch up. With two laps to go, we were almost sure we would bring it home in 3rd place. Luckily for us, the GT2 leader had an incident and rolled over, which meant we would eventually overtake them for 2nd. On the final lap, some other incidents allowed Magnus to catch up to the (new) GT2 leader, so he had an advantage of a slipstream at the start/finish straight.

Unfortunately, it was not enough for a successful overtake, but on the positive side, we scored a second consecutive podium finish, this time inches from being the winners. Again, a combination of consistent pace and a bit of luck brought us to a fantastic finish in a difficult race.

Thanks to all who got involved!

Visit our webpage »
Follow us on Facebook »
Follow us on Twitter »

SAVAGE SimSports
(312 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG