The online racing simulator
#51 - arco
It's normal that one has to unlock LFS when upgrading from Z28 to A3? What if one has both versions in the same folder, to be able to run each version? Unlock every time they are run? First post doesn't mention anything about that you need to unlock, so was a bit surprised to see unlock button on the screen after installing A3.
Quote from [Audi TT] :Scawen, bug with marking

I was trying to point that out as well but I forgot to attach the image:

Here is mine ( this time without forgetting )

I think the 'elevation' of different color chalk above the road surface should be altered as it seems two chalk of the same type and color dont affect each other.
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Quote from arco :It's normal that one has to unlock LFS when upgrading from Z28 to A3? What if one has both versions in the same folder, to be able to run each version? Unlock every time they are run? First post doesn't mention anything about that you need to unlock, so was a bit surprised to see unlock button on the screen after installing A3.

somehow it is, depends on which files are changed in a patch. You have 2 free unlocks for cases like this, and get another one every friday (if you have less than 2)
Additionally, when a patch is released that requires unlocking, the devs make sure everyone has sufficient unlocks available.
Quote from CodieMorgan :I was trying to point that out as well but I forgot to attach the image:

I think the 'elevation' of different color chalk above the road surface should be altered as it seems two chalk of the same type and color dont affect each other.

I have noticed the micro cracks
in the asphalt, because that is
not visible part of the markup
Quote from arco :What if one has both versions in the same folder, to be able to run each version? Unlock every time they are run?

Yes, each version requires a new unlock once the other one was unlocked. To work around this, copy the files f1.xyz, f2.xyz and f3.xyz in LFS/data/misc/ to a backup folder (name it after the the currently unlocked version, e.g. "unlock_z28") before switching version. Then, after switching and unlocking the other version, copy them again into yet another folder ("unlock_a1").
Now everytime you switch version, you'll have to copy the files back to LFS/data/misc/ and it'll be unlocked.
Quote from arco : What if one has both versions in the same folder, to be able to run each version?

Why would someone do that? Even if you give both .exe files different names, the depending resources in the subfolders will interfere with each other what will cause unpredictable side-effects and other problems nobody actually wants to deal with.
So bottom line, you will have to use different folders, in which case you also don't need to fiddle with unlock files.
Quote from arco :It's normal that one has to unlock LFS when upgrading from Z28 to A3? What if one has both versions in the same folder, to be able to run each version? Unlock every time they are run? First post doesn't mention anything about that you need to unlock, so was a bit surprised to see unlock button on the screen after installing A3.

I have Z34 and A3 installed simultaneously in two different folders without any problems. The unlock seems to be stored somewhere in the LFS-folder. So theoretically you could have an infinite number of installations, given that you wait until you get new unlocks between each time you install LFS.
Quote from CodieMorgan :
Quote from [Audi TT] :Scawen, bug with marking

I was trying to point that out as well but I forgot to attach the image:

I noticed the alpha background overlapping in 0.6A1 but dismissed it. It seems to be more problematic with arrows, and only sometimes with the lines.

Yes it does exist, but I can't think of a situation where we would need multiple chalk markers all overlapping like that.

This falls into a category of "you can do it, but why do it?" just like closely spaced speed humps that create sampling problems. I find it hard to support as being a bug.

Edit: slightly OT FYI

On the subject of speedbump boosting, a note to layout editors:

A spacing of 1 metre between speedbumps seems to work without giving a seed boost for cars up to GTR.

GTR and above suffer severe suspension damage anyway, so their race is effectively over if they hit multiple humps although their speeds may well be enough to get a boost at 1 metre spacing.

Research Aliasing, Wave theory and Nyquist for a technical understanding into why the boost happens.
-
(Dygear) DELETED by Dygear : Sorry Scawen, Wrong Thread to Post This In.
Quote from Skagen :I have Z34 and A3 installed simultaneously in two different folders without any problems. The unlock seems to be stored somewhere in the LFS-folder. So theoretically you could have an infinite number of installations, given that you wait until you get new unlocks between each time you install LFS.

:rolleyes: Z34 and A3 don't require unlocking between them. Though renaming the misc folder thing works perfectly fine for Z28.
#61 - robt
Just had lfs freeze when using 0.6A3 for the first time, clicked multiplayer and it hang on the "connecting to master server" part. Couldnt get any crash details sadly. Think it was probably more a glitch from my end though but thought id mention it just incase.

EDIT: Though CTRL+ALT+DEL and end program doesnt seem to work, does everything it says but the EXE doesnt stop running!

C:\DOCUME~1\ROB~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdf5b.dir00\LFS.exe.mdmp << that seems to be the file in question. the only other thing on the error report is szModName: Hungapp
Quote from mbutcher :Scawen, why do you allow the use of 896 objects and not a round number like 1024?

made me smlie... from when 1024 is "round" number? I was sure for whole my life that "round" numbers are 10, 20 ...
Maybe u fot about round power ot 2? (2^10 ? )
I'm not sure if this bug has been adressed already.

So the thing is when in the hotlap mode a replay is played in slow motion, after pressing shift+R the restart takes too much time, the process is slowed down too. That's annoying.

Offtop: Where can I find the description of the forces displayed after pressing F button?
Quote from pajkul :I'm not sure if this bug has been adressed already.

So the thing is when in the hotlap mode a replay is played in slow motion, after pressing shift+R the restart takes too much time, the process is slowed down too. That's annoying.

All commands are slowed when in slow motion for any replay. This happens in Z28 too, so is not a new thing. To speed things up I find pausing before issuing any new commands works. HTH
I tried to record a video, but my PC isn't very powerful, so I changed resolution to 640x480 and then I've got a graphic error with car smoke. As you can see at the photos the smoke doesn't have the color it should have.
Attached images
smoke2.jpg
smoke1.jpg
It seems like you have a 16 bit colour depth set. You can change it to 32 bit in Options - Screen.
And I though that was a new error in new patch ;P It was 16-bit (Shift+F9) Thx for help
InSim.txt errors
InSim.txt errors

line || string
1445 // Set the ISP_CON flag in the IS_ISI to receive car contact reports
1482 // Set the ISP_OBH flag in the IS_ISI to receive object contact reports
1523 // Set the ISP_HLV flag in the IS_ISI to receive reports of incidents that would violate HLVC

Must: Set the ISF_XXX flag...

and some idea: move "autocross objects" section after "autocros"
Asked before in the previous threads, does the new patch has something to do with my wheel ******* around? Works perfect in Z28, but when I come to 0.6A* its acting in slow-mo.
#70 - robt
Quote from robt :Just had lfs freeze when using 0.6A3 for the first time, clicked multiplayer and it hang on the "connecting to master server" part. Couldnt get any crash details sadly. Think it was probably more a glitch from my end though but thought id mention it just incase.

EDIT: Though CTRL+ALT+DEL and end program doesnt seem to work, does everything it says but the EXE doesnt stop running!

C:\DOCUME~1\ROB~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdf5b.dir00\LFS.exe.mdmp << that seems to be the file in question. the only other thing on the error report is szModName: Hungapp

Found out the reason in the end, for some reason Zone alarm wasnt having the permissions window pop-up for the new exe so instead the game just hang. Changed it manually and all working now!
Quote from TexasLTU :Asked before in the previous threads, does the new patch has something to do with my wheel ******* around? Works perfect in Z28, but when I come to 0.6A* its acting in slow-mo.

I have notised the same.

win7 64bit
logitech g25
LFS 0.6A3
My wheel seems to be fine, Are you sure you guys didn't change something before the patch? I'm quite sure it would in no way effect your wheel. O.o

Windows 7 64Bit here, G27, A3, No problems.

I have noticed my wheel alittle "Unresponsive" When going into curbs, But I doubt it's from my wheel, And more the fact I turned degrees of rotation up to 720.

I think someone had said that you need to remove deadzones. You guys might have accidentally clicked it, or the patch changed it.

Hope scawen comes out with a fix for you guys.

P.S. Scawen can you please ban all z25/z28 hosts from master server?
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :I have notised the same.

win7 64bit
logitech g25
LFS 0.6A3

Does downgrade to Z28 solve the problem? If you do a fresh Z28 install and update it to A3, is the problem still there?
All my barriers are blank?!
I'm guessing you installed only the exe but not the new textures (in the pic and dds folders).
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6A3 (old content / old physics / many updates)
(84 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG