The online racing simulator
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :when I leave pits look at me, You can try pressing 4 but nothing happens.

Also I remember something like this happens on for example cargame s2, when you leave pits youll see racing line from different car

That's because the FBM is not designed for RallyX layouts. Only cars designed for RallyX tracks have racing lines. Eg, the XFG has a line for BL2 because it is capable of having rallycross tyres whereas the FBM isn't.
Quote from mbutcher :That's because the FBM is not designed for RallyX layouts. Only cars designed for RallyX tracks have racing lines. Eg, the XFG has a line for BL2 because it is capable of having rallycross tyres whereas the FBM isn't.

I know that about FBM, but I can't get racing line with XFG after that happen.
Probably some minor thing, but the dedicated server
throws a couple of "Emergency send" even during
startup sequence:

Jun 14 17:51:18 LFS DEDICATED HOST : 0.6A3
Jun 14 17:51:19 ?
Jun 14 17:51:19 load bans
Jun 14 17:51:19 load font
Jun 14 17:51:19 -----
Jun 14 17:51:19 create english file
Jun 14 17:51:19 initialisations
Jun 14 17:51:19 tables
Jun 14 17:51:19 load objects
Jun 14 17:51:19 start intro
Jun 14 17:51:19 Aston
Jun 14 17:51:19 end of initialisation
Jun 14 17:51:19 Emergency send
Jun 14 17:51:19 Emergency send
Jun 14 17:51:20 Handicaps :
Jun 14 17:51:20 Emergency send
Jun 14 17:51:20 Handicaps :
Jun 14 17:51:22 Track loaded

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :when I leave pits look at me, You can try pressing 4 but nothing happens.

I see the same in your replay - race line present before pitting, no race line after pitting.

If the replay is rewound, the race line is not present before your accident either. The replay must be reloaded to get it back prior to your pitting. I'm not sure if this has significance.

(I don't normally use race line, so cannot confirm that this happens live)
Quote from mbutcher :I meant why isn't the total number of objects 1024 (Eg. 928 physical + 96 invisible) because 896 doesn't make much sense. Is it 800 simply because the object-draw is more efficient now meaning 1024 would be excessive?

800 was chosen as it was a good number to add without slowing things down too much. It's also divisible by 16 which was the old packet size. Though that consideration is meaningless now that the objects are sent in packets of up to 30 objects. I don't see any problem with the 800 limit though. It was 512, but now that computers are faster, it's ok to allow 800.
Quote from Squelch :I see the same in your replay - race line present before pitting, no race line after pitting.

If the replay is rewound, the race line is not present before your accident either. The replay must be reloaded to get it back prior to your pitting. I'm not sure if this has significance.

(I don't normally use race line, so cannot confirm that this happens live)

I can reproduce this!
Actually this results in the racing line not being displayed ever again during(!) a session (be that a race, qual or replay), if the error-message came up, that the knw could not be loaded.

To reproduce this yyou might do the following:
- check BL2 with road-car (xfg)
- add ai (thusdriving xfg)
- pick fbm yourself
- start race
- press 4 to show racing line
- spec ai (producing the errormessage as the new focus is on fbm)
- go to pits and rejoin race with xfg
- no line will be displayed any more

I haven't tried this with other combos and I do doubt it is a high priority thing, as you aren't supposed to rallycross a fromula car anyway but it is reproducable
-
(PMD9409) DELETED by PMD9409 : Answered above, sorry.
Quote from avetere :
I haven't tried this with other combos and I do doubt it is a high priority thing, as you aren't supposed to rallycross a fromula car anyway but it is reproducable

Well, I dont drive formula car on rallycross, but there are people doing this, so it should be fixed, because there are people who don't know to drive without racing line ( me :P )

One small suggestion, adding command /ai=no on hosts config, which will disallow AIs on server.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Well, I dont drive formula car on rallycross, but there are people doing this, so it should be fixed, because there are people who don't know to drive without racing line ( me :P )

One small suggestion, adding command /ai=no on hosts config, which will disallow AIs on server.

that is really beyond reasonable to expect though. Formula cars on rally tracks is pretty daft.

The server has setting to control ai guests already.

Edit:
This issue is way off from what I expected it to be, my apologies if this has become a diversion.
Thanks for the reproduction method. There is no racing line available for the FBM on rallycross, because it comes from the AI path. So that part of it cannot be fixed. But it's not good that you can never load a racing line again after that error comes up. So it's on my list of the last few things to look at.
#35 - SJB
Why do you reset the option "window while connecting" to "yes" at every patch? Its now the 6th time I set it back to "no"
lol) patches every day cool)
Quote from Scawen :I saw a need to increase the number of objects, so that number was increased to 800, but I haven't heard of a need to increase the number of marshall circles.

this is not a request... but i've ran out of circles before.
Sorry I don't dare to write this to you because it's such a minor thing and I don't want to waste your time on it, but in the insim.txt file is written:

// InSim for Live for Speed : 0.5A2

Quote from SJB :Why do you reset the option "window while connecting" to "yes" at every patch? Its now the 6th time I set it back to "no"

My guess is that some software firewalls (or similar) tend to pop up there asking for permission. So people will notice instead of comming here and saying "that patch can't go online".
Quote from Scawen :800 was chosen as it was a good number to add without slowing things down too much. It's also divisible by 16 which was the old packet size. Though that consideration is meaningless now that the objects are sent in packets of up to 30 objects. I don't see any problem with the 800 limit though. It was 512, but now that computers are faster, it's ok to allow 800.

Gotcha, thanks, been wondering for a while

Quote from bunder9999 :this is not a request... but i've ran out of circles before.

This is quite rare though.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Already reported.
One documentation note: If I'm not mistaken, the new admin commands (such as /cv and /ck, maybe others [tweak]) are mot mentioned in the server docs nor shown on /help lines.

Otherwise I found no bugs in the new InSim packets so far, even though e.g. the hit object is surprisingly often reported with index 0, unknown, despite it being a standard tyre stack or cone/pole on BL1.

The only thing I miss now is more info about current server state (demo, tweak, vote, midrace, ...), updated on every change. And the user license status in LFSW data, which Victor hesitates to add.
Quote from Silverracer :[Not test patch related] The racing lines are not
People race STD/TBO/LRF on rallycross and the racing line error pops up when you tab between a STD/TBO car and a LFR too (its not as outlandish as a FBM on rallycross :razz

Oh, yeah. When racing line is on and you switch to LRF car, racing line are away from LFS, can't turn it on again, without leaving server. But maybe in this patch it is repaired?
Can you maybe shut up for a week or two? You are not helping.
#45 - SJB
Dunno if its reproducable, but we were 12 people on the server. I had a 24h disconnect (ADSL customers are disconnected every 24h in germany), when I tried to reconnect: our server (hosted in a data center) was empty and I couldnt join "error while receiving packets" - I had to restart LFS dedi to get it back to work - z28 was stable running for atlest 6months

In the log file all users "timed out" or "lost connection"

BTW we are running 0.6A2 dedi (my client was 0.6A3), will install 0.6A3 on server now...
Quote from EQ Worry :
The only thing I miss now is more info about current server state (demo, tweak, vote, midrace, ...), updated on every change. And the user license status in LFSW data, which Victor hesitates to add.

would be very usefull, because there are many demo drivers who have laps in s2 combo, so Airio cant exactly say who is licenced and who is not
Quote from cargame.nl :Can you maybe shut up for a week or two? You are not helping.

But it is bug, that should repair in future.
I've found a little bug a few hours ago when I was training for Kyoto 500.
The tires temperature is a bit on tires' band, which prevent us of seeing tires degradation of FO8. :/

IDK if the same thing happened to other cars...

E: I know that NDR's server is 0.5Z28, but after checking, there is the same bug on 0.6A2
Attached images
lfs_00000184.png
Quote from Litro :But it is bug, that should repair in future.

Yes OK, he altered his posting with a link, which is a bit better.
hmm for some reason when I left a server yesturday it left me online and now it says that my user name is online when I'm not on LFS. This is the first time it done this to me and it happened after I got the test patch.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG