The online racing simulator
#76 - Jakg
Quote from SJB :Why do you reset the option "window while connecting" to "yes" at every patch? Its now the 6th time I set it back to "no"

This is because some firewalls detected a changed exe (i.e. after patching), and then ignore your previous "allow" setting - this means if you get a popup, you'll be able to see it to allow LFS to connect to the internet.
Quote from ghostrider83 :hmm for some reason when I left a server yesturday it left me online and now it says that my user name is online when I'm not on LFS. This is the first time it done this to me and it happened after I got the test patch.

This is probably not 0.6xx at fault - it's a bug when a server dies, but does not tell the master server you've left. It's been in LFS for as long as I remember.
MAX ALPHA (unsorted)
What does the (red) message "MAX ALPHA (unsorted)" in SHIFT+U mode mean?

When I'm in SHIFT+U with a lot of objects I'm spammed with these messages until I zoom in, close SHIFT+U or remove the objects.

I tried many things to find out when this message starts appearing and it seems that there must be 470 or more visible objects in SHIFT+U mode.

I hope you understand my explanation

UPDATE: It doesn't always send the messages. It seems to have to do with camera height too. I added a layout file with some objects so you can test it. When making it I found out the value isn't always 470 either. In this sample the message already appears above 444 objects.
Attached files
BL1_MAX_ALPHA.lyt - 3.7 KB - 374 views
i have an OOS error with replays. the replays are from Z28 and I am using A3. There is normally a jump where the AI starts to steer right. the replay is only like 30 sec long.
Attached files
LOL.spr - 17.7 KB - 399 views
#79 - pipa
Small bug:

If i select singleplayer and change the track then suddenly the options for open configuration(X,Y) are gone.

In order to get them back i have to go back to the main menu and select singleplayer again.
Quote from Gougoodthing :i have an OOS error with replays. the replays are from Z28 and I am using A3. There is normally a jump where the AI starts to steer right. the replay is only like 30 sec long.

Normally a jump? Do you mean there should be a ramp there but it has not appeared in the replay?

EDIT : Explanation below - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1606254#post1606254

Quote from pipa :Small bug:

If i select singleplayer and change the track then suddenly the options for open configuration(X,Y) are gone.

In order to get them back i have to go back to the main menu and select singleplayer again.

Can you not see them if you hold down the CTRL key?
-
(avetere) DELETED by avetere : Scawen was quicker ;)
#81 - pipa
Quote from Scawen :Can you not see them if you hold down the CTRL key?

Oh sorry my fault. The last times those options were already present without pressing "ctrl".
Quote from Gougoodthing :i have an OOS error with replays. the replays are from Z28 and I am using A3. There is normally a jump where the AI starts to steer right. the replay is only like 30 sec long.

OK, I've had a look and I now understand what has happened.

In fact, it's because your replay is from Z34 and includes a Ramp2. The Ramp2 was included in a temporary way in the Z30 - Z34 test patches, so any replays that include a contact with a Ramp2 will definitely go OOS.

Z28 replays should work in most cases.
Quote from pipa :Oh sorry my fault. The last times those options were already present without pressing "ctrl".

How it works : If an X or Y config is already selected, then the X and Y options stay visible, as if you were pressing CTRL.
0.6a4
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG