The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Quote from hazaky :All u talk about is kitchen ... its old and lame.

Ontopic, i wonder if this game will have a long support. Also the destruction of the buldings is awesome. In IGN reverse theatre they saw that even small bricks go boom. Not just whole walls.

Edit:

Dont rely on just the specs they recommend.

GTA IV has pretty intensive recommendations too, yet there are people who play it with Pentium 4. Those recommended specs are just wrong. They give u a picture to understand a bit - how intensive the game is. But dont be like "it needs dual core".

Is simple

BBC2 system requirements
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Core 2 DUO @ 2 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 256 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT/ATI X1900)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Asuming bf3 is gona use the same engine ( Frostbite 2 ) the requirements to play BF3 are gona be the same, with a C2D as minimun, counting with the BF3 things ( Airplanes, choppers, tanks, jeeps, boats, etc etc etc ) that gona add a bit more of system requirements...

I hope to the end of 2011 gona try to change to i7 or sandy-bridge with some good VC
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah, thats what we are talking about.

Already posted on the previous page.

Good to know, havent seen other pages yet.
Quote from Inouva :Is simple

No it is not that "simple".

BC2 and MOH use the same engine afaik. So explain me the difference, why does MOH run twice as fast as BC2 runs? The engine does not set the intensitivity.

Its more about whats loaded in the memory, how many active elements are on the field etc. Also, depends how well the code is built. GTA IV runs on shitty a** RAGE engine wich cant provide any sense of realistic graphics and yet needs so much resources. Same with Cryengine, the new engine is promised to run faster and as u already now - it provides many upgrades and some more fancy stuff.
The new Medal of Honor used a modified UE3 engine, which would explain why it didn't run as well. The fact that the game was a major disappointment is merely a side issue

I'm quite stoked about this one. By the time it's released I'll have my new PC as well (which is being built and tested as we speak) so I'll actually be able to run it. Although I'm not sure whether I'd want it on the PC or 360, since I probably have more friends on the consoles.

Since BF:Vietnam I've loved the feeling you get when playing that franchise. Stepping into the back of a chopper with a complete stranger flying it across the map. You're entirely in their hands, you've no idea where the enemy might be and you know you could end up in a cliff. BF2 was never the same after the Special Ops expansion with the smaller maps. Hopefully BF3 will be able to recapture it.
Only single-player part of MoH uses UE3, MP (and it's beta version) use Frostbite.
Quote from hazaky :No it is not that "simple".

BC2 and MOH use the same engine afaik. So explain me the difference, why does MOH run twice as fast as BC2 runs? The engine does not set the intensitivity.

Its more about whats loaded in the memory, how many active elements are on the field etc. Also, depends how well the code is built. GTA IV runs on shitty a** RAGE engine wich cant provide any sense of realistic graphics and yet needs so much resources. Same with Cryengine, the new engine is promised to run faster and as u already now - it provides many upgrades and some more fancy stuff.

Quote from E.Reiljans :Only single-player part of MoH uses UE3, MP (and it's beta version) use Frostbite.

This

Still, Taking example of how awesome and how good optimized game engine can be cry-engine 3 is a living proof

Crysis 2 for what i saw in trailers have a better graphic overral over crysis 1 and BBC2 and BF3 ( Trailer ), i'm not saying "Everyone must use cry-engine 3 for makes games", i just say Most of the enterprises that makes the game engines ( frostbite, havok, X-ray, Anvil, Gamebryo and others ) have to tink how to exploit the best performance over a game engine using low system resources as cry-engine 2 did

Hope you understand my poit, still the day i have a sandy-bridge or a i7 or similar proccesor, i will play it anyway
Inouva, just for you. CryTek have announced a CryEngine 3 game specifically targeted for women. A screenshot leaked and is shown below:
Inouva is a male, what girl cares about shooting games and computer specs?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Inouva, just for you. CryTek have announced a CryEngine 3 game specifically targeted for women. A screenshot leaked and is shown below:

I didn't enjoy the latest Bad Company game so much but I have higher expectations for this new Battlefield. The tone (no corny jokes, documentary style audio) feels just about right, although I'm sure it will still be gloriously over the top, just like the previous Battlefield games. Definitely on my radar.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I didn't enjoy the latest Bad Company game so much but I have higher expectations for this new Battlefield. The tone (no corny jokes, documentary style audio) feels just about right, although I'm sure it will still be gloriously over the top, just like the previous Battlefield games. Definitely on my radar.

Don't tell me you talk about single player campaign? It was there just so they can say it's there, the true BF experience is in it's multiplayer.. But i bet the campaign will rock in BF3 too, since it will not be all jokey like BC1/2..
My main problem with BC2 had more to do with the fact that on the PC it still felt like a console game. It didn't really impress me graphically, I had strange stuttering issues at medium settings, and the FOV issue was a big one for me. That BF3 is being developed for PCs first and consoles second is a good sign (for PC users). Bad Company really felt like a tie over to the main deal which will be BF3.
Quote from Electrik Kar :My main problem with BC2 had more to do with the fact that on the PC it still felt like a console game. It didn't really impress me graphically, I had strange stuttering issues at medium settings, and the FOV issue was a big one for me. That BF3 is being developed for PCs first and consoles second is a good sign (for PC users). Bad Company really felt like a tie over to the main deal which will be BF3.

About the FOV, happens to my when i play halo 2, the FoV in H2 is just wrong and make my head hurt after playing 15 minutes making me /rageunistall
@ Electrik

I stopped playing on PC a while ago.. fact is it's awesome fun in multiplayer, i still play it almost daily, i just thought you judge it based on the campaign That's like judging Counter Strike based on Condition Zero
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Inouva is a male, what girl cares about shooting games and computer specs?

Normally girls who look like males.

Quote from Boris Lozac :

I'll buy you a copy of BF3 if you buy me a night out with her.
Quote from Boris Lozac :@ Electrik

I stopped playing on PC a while ago..

Yeah- I'm not trying to sound snobby or anything, it's just that I don't own a console and playing console oriented games on PC sometimes doesn't translate so well, BC2 being a good example imo.
They're building for the market though, aren't they? It's far harder and more risky to pirate console games than PC games, so they lose far less sales by focusing on the console gamers. They risk having their accounts banned - in some cases the console itself perma-banned - as well as the normal risks.

The only reason I stopped playing games on PC is because my rig won't run most newer stuff. I still get Source games. And especially for online stuff, frame rate is god so someone with a better machine can beat you just because of their spec. That can't happen on consoles because they're all the same.

It's a real shame that developers seem to be neglecting PC gamers, but I can understand why they do.
Quote from Dajmin :They're building for the market though, aren't they? It's far harder and more risky to pirate console games than PC games, so they lose far less sales by focusing on the console gamers. They risk having their accounts banned - in some cases the console itself perma-banned - as well as the normal risks.

The only reason I stopped playing games on PC is because my rig won't run most newer stuff. I still get Source games. And especially for online stuff, frame rate is god so someone with a better machine can beat you just because of their spec. That can't happen on consoles because they're all the same.

It's a real shame that developers seem to be neglecting PC gamers, but I can understand why they do.

Yep, totally. I don't blame the developers, and I admit that consoles have been great for the industry in general, not to mention the benefits to players in having that massively extended audience, the library of great console games which have made it over to PC, etc- but at the same time I don't feel the need to go out and buy a console just because a large percentage of stuff is being produced for that market. I'm just happy when the market that I represent (by accident of having a PC and not a console) is catered for. It's also nice when a console developed title actually goes some way towards adding PC specific features when ported to PC. I'm sure something must exist in reverse where some PC developed titles are made more console friendly when ported to those platforms. That Rage is being produced for the smart phone market as well as for the cutting edge PC market, is very cool, imo.
Quote from hazaky :BC2 and MOH use the same engine afaik. So explain me the difference, why does MOH run twice as fast as BC2 runs? The engine does not set the intensitivity.fancy stuff.

I can answer this one.

BC2 has Destruction 2.0. Fences crumble, buildings get holes in them and the landscape alters with explosions.

MoH does not. Yeah, it runs on FB1.5, just like BC2, but it not using D2.0 saves on a lot of processing. Map size is also a factor, the small and tight maps of MoH can't compare to BC2's maps.

The BC2 expansion, Vietnam also shows this. Small maps + no D2.0 (Check the wooden fences for proof, shoot them in BC2, separate planks fall off, in 'nam... nothing) = moar FPS.

But I'm guessing BF3 will run better than BC2 does, seeing as they're making the PC version its main focus (Battle for Operation Hastings PC VICTORY) so they'll put a lot of work into optimising it for us.

And console guys, don't bother with BF3, you'll be wasting your time as you'll just get a really watered down version of the PC version. A lowly 24 players online, low textures (although that's what console BC2 uses, PC Low settings with bloom and HBAO enabled), and restricted maps.

(level 47 BC2 PC soldier BTW, add me up, "Syfoon")
The back and forth between the AI is pretty awesome

"I need a sit-rep"
"I'm up."
"I'm up!"
"I'm ****ed up, but I'm up."

Great! It should be a great game to play if I don't have to cuddle the AI.
I cant wait for BF3. The SP storyline looks to be quite cinematic and touching.
Quote :marshviperx 3 HOURS AND 24 MINUTES AGO
HERE'S MY WALLET, TAKE MY MONEY.

Too fu*king epic..
Is strange that took almost 10 years to bring this "Destruction environment" into games...

Red Faction 1 has the Geo mod system and works exactly or better that the frostbite destruction system..., and red faction is from 2001

Is also kinda odd that they add singleplayer campainh when none of the Battlefield series have that...

Still the game looks damn good

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG