The online racing simulator
First 3 members registered on this forum?
Hi,

just wondering who were the 3 members signed on this forum. I know Scawent is not one of them and I am just 22nd :-)).

EDIT: Victor was first ofcourse :-)
thx!

Vari and Preszi....memories of old guys...
Vari is the oldest man in the world. (he is actually 167 but makes people thinkm he is 101)
I miss all the old guys. It were always great races with all of them...
#6 - Mysho
Yeah, the past has always been better. Almost anywhere concerning racing.
Quote from Mysho :Yeah, the past has always been better. Almost anywhere concerning racing.

...and life.
Quote from Mysho :Yeah, the past has always been better. Almost anywhere concerning racing.

Group B :shhh:
#9 - sjava
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi,

just wondering who were the 3 members signed on this forum. I know Scawent is not one of them and I am just 22nd :-)).

EDIT: Victor was first ofcourse :-)

still remember how you registered 8 years ago?
I think you had to send a telegram or maybe it arrived via horse and cart? Oh god it's been a long time :X
Quote from sjava :still remember how you registered 8 years ago?

Yes, I remember that exciting feeling that this will become something big. Unfotunately last few years the expecation went so much down. The old times were the best for LFS. I dont think it will ever come back again but I do not regret it I tried first time. Its somewhere between 8-9 years I am playing it. Even dont remember when the first version came up and I noticed it like 1 month after 1st release. Awesome fun those days and enjoyed nothing else that time like LFS. I even spent 4-6 hours after school training all the time and online racing.
I was demo racer for years
#13 - priv
haha thats a good one where i can see what nr i am in row ?

greetz priv
#15 - senn
i'm 173 \o/ :P i feel old....
Apparently I joined in September of 2005?

Bahahaha I was eleven years old.
I was 15 back in July 07
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I miss all the old guys. It were always great races with all of them...

I don't post much but I am still around

But as with all the other 'old' crew, I don't race anywhere near as much as I used to back in the good old days. I just can't believe I've been racing LFS for 8 years now and regardless of what has been said elsewhere in this forum about lack of progress, I still love the racing .

I have long breaks then come back and fall in love all over again, only problem atm is that there are less and less busy servers . A few times lately I have booted up LFS only to find nothing happening (relatively to how it used to be ), so I ended up closing it back down again . And before anyone suggests I try iRacing or any other sim, forget it, I've tried. NOTHING, other than LFS has EVER felt 'right' from the moment I booted it up for the first time 8 years ago. iRacing just felt wrong from the moment I stepped in for the first time, so that's out! I can't put my finger on it, or find words to describe what I mean, but LFS is 'right'; the physics are only a part of the 'magic', there's something else.....the menu works well, the online racing is 'genius', the web stuff, the community, the one to one communication with the devs (well 2 at least ), the community (oh did I say that twice ), Ario and all the other extra bits that the community provide, this is why I only play LFS. Even all those things still don't add up to what I mean about the 'right ' factor though. There's still something else........PASSION !!!

I think this is probably the main reason why LFS's progress has slowed down, the devs have committed themselves to getting the physics right and will not settle until they have achieved their goal. This is passion over business, which is why I believe they left their last jobs over

We MUST be patient. It will be 'right' when it is released I have no doubt.

But one last point about the current trend on the forums about lack of progress; If you look at the 'good' posts, you will find that most complaints are either about current bugs that haven't been fixed, or lack of any new content or news about such content. And yet the devs have not really commented much on these points (point 1 in particular) in their responses, they're mostly about the reasons why dev has been slow and physics issues and stuff. I undersatnd totally why dev has been slow, but what about current bugs? Is there no point in fixing them as the new release will sort all these bugs out but not be compatible with current version, meaning scawen will have to debug an obsolete version . I don't know and I don't think it has been clarified either (unless I'm wrong ).

And content...well....Eric doesn't say much does he , I thought I was a quiet forum member . Maybe, just maybe he might have an act of faith and realise that just releasing a few pics and maybe a few hints as to what he has been working on will quell a LOT of the moans on this forum......over to you Eric
Quote :Welcome, mpn89.
You last visited: 23rd August 2007 at 01:46

Didn't register that long ago but it's been over 3 years since I've logged in.

Just reinstalled LFS after a long hiatus.
Quote from mpn89 :Didn't register that long ago but it's been over 3 years since I've logged in.

Just reinstalled LFS after a long hiatus.

Welcome back
If i was a newbie coming on this forum for my very first time i'd certainly see how boring and useless the forum has become.
But that's not user's fault, i know. After all there's very few things to talk about right now.
I think i will start a "post your left index nail" thread just to entertain the mass.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG