The online racing simulator
Quote from TFalke55 :ha ha... make fun of an old man... right...

<--- is the "old man" of the active people in NDR
any idea when everything will be announced?
Quote from Mustangman759 :any idea when everything will be announced?

In good time for a standard mid April - early May season start as per usual.
sounds good
*fuels the fire foar the epic lulz*

Some things to whet your appetite (and start complaints / compliments ):

Track list (In general order of probable appearance)

AS7
BL1r
KY1 (Speedweeks 400 slot)
KY1 (Kyoto 500 26th June!)
SO6
WE1
KY1r
FE3r
KY3

Also (Not exactly finalized, but probable):
  • Kyoto 500 no longer 2x points - but 1.5x for the win, but not linear downwards from there, but still worth more than a standard LFSCART race.
  • 85% race distance needs to be completed for points (not applied in the 500)
  • Bonus points for attending all rounds, with a reduced bonus for missing one, or two rounds.
Things Kept:
  • Road course formation lap app to standing start funness
  • R2 tyres only on oval, NO R4s on road circuits
  • Split-field qual, superpole
  • Safety Cars
  • Natural FO8 (unless some magic happens that makes it so :|)
  • Entry requirements same, but oval and road course separated - do either both, or oval, or road.
Feel free to complain or complement, just keep it civil.

LFSCART is a favourite series of mine, personally - I don't ever want it to collapse / die / have to be disbanded. Last season was great - I hope that we get a good return for 2011 LFSCART too.
Quote from dekojester :Track list (In general order of probable appearance)

AS7
BL1r
KY1 (Speedweeks 400 slot)
KY1 (Kyoto 500 26th June!)
SO6
WE1
KY1r
FE3r
KY3

A suggestion to that would be remove the ky1r, and add another AS/FE/SO track, since we saw how little people attended ky1r compared to the road courses

Quote :Also (Not exactly finalized, but probable):
  • Bonus points for attending all rounds, with a reduced bonus for missing one, or two rounds.

This would be fine, but depends if you are planning to run 3 race weekends in a row, which you all know I couldn't make any of last year.. A good incentive to complete all the rounds, none the less
Quote from Seb66 :This would be fine, but depends if you are planning to run 3 race weekends in a row, which you all know I couldn't make any of last year.. A good intensive to complete all the rounds, none the less

*incentive

The reason there were races weekend-after-weekend was because we had to do some reshuffling to fit IGTC's calendar - it was easier for me to move most LFSCART after the 500 then get Benji to go with last Saturday each month a la previous IGTC seasons :P
Quote from seb66 :a suggestion to that would be remove the ky1r, and add another as/fe/so track, since we saw how little people attended ky1r compared to the road courses

This would be fine, but depends if you are planning to run 3 race weekends in a row, which you all know i couldn't make any of last year:d.. A good incentive to complete all the rounds, none the less

a
Quote from dekojester :
  • Natural FO8 (unless some magic happens that makes it so :|)

What happened to that IC8 project?

Too bad,wanted that challenge,but anyway I'll try to participate as much as possible.
I'd say get rid of SO6, race either SO4 or SO4r. Add KY2/r and AS4. Remove ky1r and we're done!

I'm really thinking about participating. Will be interesting since this will be my first Single Seater league. I've only driven GT2/GT3 now so yea... Will be a challenge!
I think the number of ovals can be reduced to 2 whilst still keeping Ovals a key to winning the champioship. Not sure it needs to be replaced with another round though, the seasons already pretty long..

Gonna participate either way
#90 - CSF
S06 would be a disaster... FE4 was the most entertaining round... bring it back for the dull KY1r.
Quote from Drifters Only :I'd say get rid of SO6, race either SO4 or SO4r. Add KY2/r and AS4. Remove ky1r and we're done!

I'm really thinking about participating. Will be interesting since this will be my first Single Seater league. I've only driven GT2/GT3 now so yea... Will be a challenge!

Good! Nice to see some new interest, especially from drivers new to single seaters, yet have shown potential in other cars, really hope you enjoy this challenge. :P LFSCART is probably one of the best leagues on LFS these days, so I'm sure you will.

About the calendar: agreed on implementing SO4, or preferably SO4R. SO6 is just too short, and providing there is no layout, there is "that" chicane, which is farcical, some see it is a challenge though, so again we're back to preference. :P But I'm wholly against removing KY3b and AS7, both are awesome tracks, especially for this car IMO. AS4/AS5 are a bit long-winded, which wouldn't be too bad in comparison to a track with 1:10.00~ lap times or lower, but they are used way too often in leagues anyway. KY2/r isn't bad, but it's like comparing Ralf to Michael Schumacher up against KY3 w/ boothy chicane; which offered some fantastic racing last season, possibly even better than Round 1 - which ironically was at KY2, and whilst the track is popular, it's not used anywhere near as much as AS4/AS5.

Another thing that bothers me is the ovals. With 40% of the season being oval, it seems a bit much to me, with three over an eight race season, especially as we only have one configuration anyway. Over the whole season, it isn't that appealling, and although we had 4 last season, one was a car park layout completely not designed for those cars, and the season was actually longer anyway, a shorter season is probably best for both worlds, even if this league is already highly motivating, unlike others. But, we'll see. Either way, oval or non-oval, SO6 or not, it should be a great season, and each race offers their own challenge, looking forward to it!
Quote from dekojester :LFSCART is a favourite series of mine, personally - I don't ever want it to collapse / die / have to be disbanded. Last season was great - I hope that we get a good return for 2011 LFSCART too.

ehm... not only your thoughts...
Quote from SCA-F1 :
Another thing that bothers me is the ovals. With 40% of the season being oval, it seems a bit much to me, with three over an eight race season, especially as we only have one configuration anyway.

Yeah i might participate but just skip the ovals. I wont be winning championship that way but still...ovals...
FE4, or FE4R (can't remember which) is an absolute must.

Why no R4 on road circuits?
Quote from SCA-F1 :AS4/AS5 are a bit long-winded, which wouldn't be too bad in comparison to a track with 1:10.00~ lap times or lower, but they are used way too often in leagues anyway....
it's not used anywhere near as much as AS4/AS5.

On the contrary, I think a longer track should be used.. I mean there wasn't one at all last season and I have no idea about the seasons before why not add one now? It's only 20 seconds longer than KY3b after all, and provides good overtake opportunities.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :FE4, or FE4R (can't remember which) is an absolute must.

Why no R4 on road circuits?

FE4R fo sho! I have no idea about the R4 rule though.. must be there for a reason I suppose.. But KY3b was borderline R4s
#96 - CSF
Quote from Seb66 :On the contrary, I think a longer track should be used.. I mean there wasn't one at all last season and I have no idea about the seasons before why not add one now? It's only 20 seconds longer than KY3b after all, and provides good overtake opportunities.

Hehehehehehehehe.
Definitely no participation by me if you will have Oval rounds in the schedule.

Otherwise I might think bout it
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty : nvm I',m 2 drunk to rely
Quote from Timo1992 :Definitely no participation by me if you will have Oval rounds in the schedule.

Otherwise I might think bout it

lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG