The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2011 Pre-Season Discussion

I thought it is Dezember, so why not start wishing things? Well as you know, Santa does not always brings you the stuff you wish, but a general input is certainly welcomed.

Be ware that there are already some ideas on my mind, though I do not start sharing them yet. What will be different to past seasons, I will not announce the carlendar on January 1st, so that confrontations with big leagues can be sorted out more efficiantly.

So, start your wish list
Please keep it to one formula car for the season, running MRT, FBM, FOX etc... at different rounds does not appeal to me and does not find someone who can master a specific car unlike say indycar or past LFSCART seasons which have been amazing and need very little changing done to them to keep the interest and popularity high.
Quote from oscarhardwick :Please keep it to one formula car for the season, running MRT, FBM, FOX etc... at different rounds does not appeal to me and does not find someone who can master a specific car unlike say indycar or past LFSCART seasons which have been amazing and need very little changing done to them to keep the interest and popularity high.

True. FO8 FTW.
there is no plan to run different cars. There are certain thoughts about the car, but they are not yet releasable...
I would think about competing if the only car was the FOX, because I'm not able to handle the higher class cars successfuly quite yet
#6 - J@tko
Quote from TFalke55 :there is no plan to run different cars. There are certain thoughts about the car, but they are not yet releasable...

600bhp kthxbai
For me a season with only one type of car is the best. I prefer the FO8, but also the FOX is a good choice. No slow car, same as MRT
#8 - CSF
Quote from Cornys :I would think about competing if the only car was the FOX, because I'm not able to handle the higher class cars successfuly quite yet

Then your looking for LFSCART Light.
Quote from J@tko :600bhp kthxbai

Quote from TFalke55 :

rather 650bhp

If many of you like this over-power, I think BF1 is the correct choice. The FO8 is already hard to drive with original power. But the FOX with 600+hp is an idea, but you have to make the tweaked exe.
as I said there is nothing releasable yet about it...

650bhp is the official power of the Honda V8 IndyCar engine, I thought J@tko thought of
Quote from TFalke55 :rather 650bhp

Quote from Eclipsed :Since MoE starts season with 600hp tweaked GTRs,maybe we can get some 650hp FO8?

Now I'm feeling myself kinda prophet...
But of course Indycar has 650hp,an example for LFSCART,I guess...

Quote from DjBlueIce :If many of you like this over-power, I think BF1 is the correct choice. The FO8 is already hard to drive with original power. But the FOX with 600+hp is an idea, but you have to make the tweaked exe.

BF1 sucks - it's girls car with all the modern toys like TC and engine braking thing (whatever it's really called) and it's dead ugly with it's thousands of aero things! FO8 is an oldschool racing machine - that's what drivers need!

PS. I never said,that BF1 is an easy car though!
Quote from TFalke55 :650bhp is the official power of the Honda V8 IndyCar engine, I thought J@tko thought of

Yes that is indeed what I was thinking of. And if you bump it up to 3.5L [which is what the IC one is?] then you get more weight over the rear which helps with the extra power
Quote from J@tko :Yes that is indeed what I was thinking of. And if you bump it up to 3.5L [which is what the IC one is?] then you get more weight over the rear which helps with the extra power

Quote from Wikipedia.com :Engine

* Type: 3.5-liter (213.6 cubic inches) V-8, 32-valve dual-overhead cam (DOHC), Normally aspirated (no turbocharger) Max. bore diameter 93 millimeters Four camshafts, four valves per cylinder.
* Weight: Minimum dry weight is 280 pounds - no headers, clutch, ECU, spark box or filters.
* RPM: 10,300 (rpm) maximum (league-supplied rev limiter).
* Power output: 650 hp (485 kW).
* Fuel: 100% fuel grade Ethanol.
* Injector: Electronic.
* Models: Honda Racing Indy V-8.
* Manufacturer: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Source: IndyCar Serie (2009 Website)

just to make it perfect in every detail I quote this
I don't wanna have the same as MoE which is a car with like 300bhp more that the tyres can handle, otherwise, go for it.

Infact no, keep it the same. FO8 is a lovely car as it is... We don't need anything new, why change it :|?
I'd like to have a "spec set" that everyone has to use, like a default setup suited for the chosen track. Might be too hard to do?

I dont know if an insim can check the setup in any kind of way?
Quote from aroX123 :I dont know if an insim can check the setup in any kind of way?

No, there is no InSim packet reporting anything other than driving aids, control method, clutch type and restrictions.
Quote from aroX123 :I dont know if an insim can check the setup in any kind of way?

I don't think so. Never heard of something similar.

The best way to enforce sets is having an admin checking everyone of them after the race.
OFC you could make a bot for that purpose. Bot uses insim to determine players on server and asks for their setups one by one. Then it's just reading the setupfiles.
But do LFSCART really need restricted setups? It's really an individual thing - one driver likes oversteery cars,other stable,one prefers more downforce,other less and so on... It's also one of the drivers things to setup car for himself,to gain as much effort as he can.
Quote from Eclipsed :But do LFSCART really need restricted setups? It's really an individual thing - one driver likes oversteery cars,other stable,one prefers more downforce,other less and so on... It's also one of the drivers things to setup car for himself,to gain as much effort as he can.

+1... Where are all these silly idea's coming from? Oh wait, this one was Arox.
LFSCART is LFS's answer to Indycar... therefore, I think that introducing a new exe. designed to immitate this 650hp indycar is not only a good choice, but the right choice bringing LFS yet another baby step closer to reality, which is surely a goal considering LFS aims to be a 'simulator' of racing.
Also the fact that an indycar is much heavier (in road spec) than the F08, it wont be as much faster as you think (i hope or i'll look like a [more of a] spaz typing this)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG