The online racing simulator
Quote from oscarhardwick :LFSCART is LFS's answer to Indycar... therefore, I think that introducing a new exe. designed to immitate this 650hp indycar is not only a good choice, but the right choice bringing LFS yet another baby step closer to reality, which is surely a goal considering LFS aims to be a 'simulator' of racing.

If I wanted to drive an indycar, I'de go play iRacing.. I wanna drive the FO8
Quote from Seb66 :If I wanted to drive an indycar, I'de go play iRacing.. I wanna drive the FO8

your on the bullseye today
Quote from Seb66 :If I wanted to drive an indycar, I'de go play iRacing.. I wanna drive the FO8

I considered iRacing amongst others for this fact and ended up with the question: having enough bread for a month, or doing iRacing.
Quote from TFalke55 :I considered iRacing amongst others for this fact and ended up with the question: having enough bread for a month, or doing iRacing.

Quite the reason I am sticking to LFS: No thanx, I don't want to pay monthly. When I bought a license here, I bought it and pasta errr basta.

iRacing looks like a money machine to me.

As for the LFSCART car: Surely the F08? I hadn't got the chance to take part so far and really get a feeling of the car, but I am interested in the series.

If Indy specs or not, I don't really know, as long as it's drivable.
Quote from Seb66 :If I wanted to drive an indycar, I'de go play iRacing..

Which is just slighlty cheaper then real Indycar...
If Indycar specs or normal, I'm so doing it. :P
Quote from Deutschland2007 :If Indycar specs or normal, I'm so doing it. :P

+1

Could do with some openwheeler racing. Im not bothered really as long as its a good season o' racing
though you can change engine stuff, you cant adjust the wheel base etc, the Indy Car has a much more stable suspension than FO8..
The suspension doesn't buckle or anything like that when driving the IC8 (I'm just going to name it that for now). The only problem I have come across is if the car will be able to withstand constant slow corners and curbs with the tires. Different center of mass plays a big role. In MoE you have a big car, so its fine. The SS' are a bit different to make happen. Finding a setup that can do SO easy will make me think the car will work just fine. The car won't drive much different, its just all about throttle control and finding the proper downforce.
I am always of the opinion that make the most of FO8, is already a thing not for everyone. If we put the other horses, endangering the less experienced riders that could damage the competition of others, without wanting to. The expert drivers will not have great difficulties to adapt quickly. You will need to balance parameters very well. IMHO
I'm not really very experienced driver,not very skilled too,but I would like this 650hp challenge!

More horses=more speed,more speed=more fun! Live FOR speed! :lfs: Thank you!

PS. When could we test something (if there will be something)?
I'm not talking for Thilo here, but what we did for MoE was nice. We first made the exe, then had "beta testers" try it. In this case just experienced FO8 drivers. If they like it and don't think its too difficult or something else is wrong, then we released it to the series of drivers to test for a couple weeks. Then from there we have a vote to see who wants what.

I'm sure NDR will do this in a manner they see fit.
Quote from Eclipsed :More horses=more speed,more speed=more fun! Live FOR speed! :lfs: Thank you!

PS. When could we test something (if there will be something)?

more speed=more fun = more crash+more protest
Live for speed=racing simulator
Trackmania=more speed and more fun without damage

With the tweak you have more HP, but no adeguate brakes and tyres
You will try it in single player with tweak
Quote from PMD9409 :I'm not talking for Thilo here, but what we did for MoE was nice. We first made the exe, then had "beta testers" try it. In this case just experienced FO8 drivers. If they like it and don't think its too difficult or something else is wrong, then we released it to the series of drivers to test for a couple weeks. Then from there we have a vote to see who wants what.

I'm sure NDR will do this in a manner they see fit.

Sure... if there is something it'll be just something after a testing phase... no doubt about it... the ultimate test would definately be when I master a full race distance... cause when I even survive the whole 150 mi, everyone else could do so as well^^
Hopefully R3's will be allowed
Your the only one not allowed to use them.
At the oval it would be smart to allow R3s, since the temps will go over 120. Speeds aren't that quick, roughly 210mph.
Quote from PMD9409 :At the oval it would be smart to allow R3s, since the temps will go over 120. Speeds aren't that quick, roughly 210mph.

Si senor.
agreed
Still, 650?
Default FO8 is hard enough to control
meh lets stick with good ol' FO8 untouched its great fun already.
It wont be harder to control, just may require more delicacy. :L I think the IC8 is a good idea and that we should do it.
Well it wouldn't be 650 due to the FO8's inability to add weight. Since it would probably be a bad idea to add extra power to a light SS, we'd just match the p2w ratio with that of an IndyCar. Therefore you'd have the FO8 at about roughly 590-600hp.

Only a few things in LFS can be recreated perfectly, somethings you have to build to fit into LFS' boundaries. Also I'm sure track selection would be based on the car if its used, so something like FernBay isn't around to throw you for a loop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG