The online racing simulator
What kind of internet [access] do you have? (and where you use and what provider?)
Just for curious, as I have thought what kind of internets people have

And what provider? And where you use it?

I have 1MB Wireless from Digita 450 and I live almost in Natural Park, from 17,5km to closest town. Works well when weather is good. It is shared as for 3 computers.
10mb wired(router to PC) by Virgin.
Very good, stable and reliable.
20Mb cable from Virgin.

100% reliable. Always delivers max speed. Never lost connection to a game server. Always good pings.
20 MB cable from Virgin (I'm using wireless; router - pc).
Pretty reliable, random UDP packet issues though.
Loc: London, UK.
10MB from Virgin Media
North East Essex, UK

Unreliable and constantly slow, lucky if I get 2MB from it, personally I think it's down to the 10 year old ntl modem they won't replace
#6 - G!NhO
Quote from Xaid0n :10MB from Virgin Media
North East Essex, UK

Unreliable and constantly slow, lucky if I get 2MB from it, personally I think it's down to the 10 year old ntl modem they won't replace

10megabit is around 2Mb.
I mean the equivalent of a 2mbit line :P lol I always get confused at the speed differences ...

My point being is essentially I should download at a respectable 1Mb per second when downloading stuff (which I have done in the past), but I rarely get that, I usually get around 300-500kB/s when downloading.
Quote from G!NhO :10megabit is around 2Mb.

10MBit/s is 1,25MiB/s and protocol overhead takes some of that, realistically you'll be lucky to get 1MiB/s from a 10MBit/s line.
20MB from Virgin.

As others have already said, fast and reliable. Happy with it.
KPN
6 MegaBit/ps or 0,8Mb/ps
Does what it is supposed to do.
40Mb down, 10Mb up from BT, £26 a month.

The actual speed I get varies from 30-40Mb, I've never had a problem with the ISP.
#12 - Jakg
BT Option 3 "Up to" 8mbit.

Currently sync at 6.5mbit.

Connection is good, but a 100GB FUP is annoying for an "unlimited" connection...
4Mbit/s from T-Com...
Wireless. The speed really varies here... Sometimes I can get 550kB/s and ping of 20, and sometimes with the signal strenght and con speed also at 54Mbit/s I get only 100kB/s and ping of 150. And we're talking about same download/server.

It also really sucks lately, lots of disconnects, low speed, they don't want to fix (or they don't know how, but you can't get a refund)...
8MBit/512kBit ADSL2 from Telefonica O2 (former Czech Telecom). It's been somewhat fine and I can squeeze 800kByte+ speeds out of it. Only problems I had in the past were with their shitty DNS servers, so I had to use some public DNS for the time being.
Loc: Prague, CZE
15MBit/512kBit - T-Com.
60 Mbit/s, UPC, via cable.
Too bad my router box (Pentium 200 with Intel NICs running Monowall) doesn't go faster than 44 Mbit/s Still looking for something to replace it.
1 Mbit/s via Telephone
Sux ei?
Paying £9 per month for 8megabit broadband from O2. But, I live on the edge of the middle of an Internet blackspot, so I'm getting 1.3megabits on average. It's not too unreliable (although a few years ago, we couldn't connect for more than 20 mins at a time as a BT engineer had installed some kind of filter twice, underground, outside our house. Awesome!

Tomorrow I'm moving to my student house, which will have 10mb cable broadband from Virgin. I think I may have a 'crisis' when I see how fast stuff loads.
#19 - mr_x
Just got Virgin installed in my flat today - getting 8MB down 1MB up, yet to give it a proper test, Steam downloaded at 780KB/s though. Paying £26 a month for it including line rental. It's through phone line as well, despite me being in Nottingham city centre there's no fibre cable here!

Virgin did, however, fail at setting up the router for me before they shipped it, 10 minutes on the phone to a nice Irish lady to get the right settings sorted it out!
Using Sky internet. Was offered 8megabit connection but because where i live seems to be non existent to Sky i get, if im lucky, 0.25kb/s
kabelbw is my isp (germany).
its using television cables for the internet.
speed is 100 mbit, very stable and reliable.
1 Gbit, I'm on HEAnet, the Irish NREN.
im not sure yet, going to get a new house, so i need to make a choose:
DSL (max 25mbps)
Cable ( max 60 mbps )

Not sure yet
100 MB I've-go-no-idea-what-it-is from CSC, pay absolutely nothing for it.

From strange and weird foreign places I get about 40 MB up / 30 down. An episode of Top Gear takes about a minute.

Only downside is the packet sniffing csc do so if you were a colossal anus you wouldn't be able to illegally download stuff. But no one does that so why complain :hide:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG