The online racing simulator
Is LFS Dying?
(289 posts, closed, started )
Quote from The Moose :Utter rubbish.

Wait let me pay 32 euros a month for iracing.. oh wait i could buy 12 S2 licenses for 1 year of iracing...
LFS might not be dying right now, but it seems the developers are
Quote from Mango Juice :LFS might not be dying right now, but it seems the developers are

I think you are right(+1) ^^ If development had happened faster this thread probably would never had been written.
Quote from Flingoko :I think you are right(+1) ^^ If development had happened faster this thread probably would never had been written.

Wrong, if you dont see dev writing here, doesnt mean they put "hands down" with lfs..

Do you know how much effort and knowledge require implement the new stuff that they gona do?, A LOT.

I still play several times per day in lfs, and never got boring.
It's been a almost year since I've checked this forum. And yet there is nothing new here, what a surprise.
Beating a dead horse.

Not referring to the game as the dead one.
this lul is not uncommon within other games. COD4(part 2 or what ever it is) is a perfect example. that community is also going through a bit of a low time. it's just because the current content has been played to death. RS Vegas was the same. the battlefield series are also the same. it's what happens. but the light at the end of the tunnel that that once there is new content, there will be a fresh spark in lfs again and the servers will populate once again.
my advice, be patient. you don't have to play LFS 24/7 to still enjoy it. i went on it over the weekend (10 mins of drifting before i played some richard burns rally) and then an hour to practice for the ATC 60 lap GP league.
the racing is still top class but it is hard to get a server full.
Hey LFS is not dying
nop...
#36 - Be2K
Guys Guys.. http://www.speedmaniacs.com/Ne ... ed...hysik-in-Arbeit,4601 This Interview came directly from Victor ... truly its in german but if someone has the time to translate it into English u will understand that LFS takes more Time to grow up. One example from the Interview is that Victor said, Scawn is actually trying to improve the Physik updates on lower CPUs. My wish.. let the old CPUs die. In my opinion LFS wont take much longer then this year to release a new test Patch or completly S3
Quote from Be2K :Guys Guys.. http://www.speedmaniacs.com/Ne ... ed...hysik-in-Arbeit,4601 This Interview came directly from Victor ... truly its in german but if someone has the time to translate it into English u will understand that LFS takes more Time to grow up. One example from the Interview is that Victor said, Scawn is actually trying to improve the Physik updates on lower CPUs. My wish.. let the old CPUs die. In my opinion LFS wont take much longer then this year to release a new test Patch or completly S3

Google can do it: http://translate.google.com/tr ... C4601&sl=de&tl=en

It's not good English but understandable...
Is it dying? Yup? Is that anything special? Not really. All games die without hardcore constant development and even games WITH hardcore constant development end up dying (did anyone in the 90s really believed that Everquest would die? Well it's dead now...).

Look at most if not all of the games in the market that ranged from early online play to 2006. Most of the games in that range are dead.

If LFS doesnt keep up...well...that's nothing really to sob about. Just be happy about it's fantastically long run and move on to either rFactor 2 or iRacing. (Or games from other genres).

But...if LFS's patch comes out b4 rF2 comes out, and the patch turns out to be a real killer. All the joy to us. But LFS "getting better" is a luxury thought by now. The devs dont really owe us anything. Even if it is "incomplete". They did more work than I can ever hope for in an indie racing simulator tbh (eventho I do bitch and moan everyday about LFS' shite damage system).

I'm very grateful that LFS has existed and if it must end now. Well, that's perfectly fine by me. It's been a great ride

HOWEVER, again, the devs have to realize that LFS needs to move forward if it wants to survive strong. I would prefer an actual complete damage/aero model (breakable parts, sensitive suspension model, mechanical failures, brake heats, etc), over more cars/tracks any day. Also fixing the buggy barriers and hopefully implementing changing track conditions (dynamic wind, track variation temperatures, day/night, rain/wet).

If all those are implemented, i think i'll be playing LFS until i die
#39 - Be2K
Quote from lizardfolk : If all those are implemented, i think i'll be playing LFS until i die

dont forget rain and day/night change ^^ I think the day will come.. ... "when its done" xD
yes it is for me - its well. dead for me
I've heard that VW is going to reveil their updated version of the scirocco soon...... OH NO, another delay!
Living also your life would help you as well.
Quote from Mysho :Living also your life would help you as well.

Yeah... Going out, getting drunk with your friends...
Quote from Bmxtwins :Wait let me pay 32 euros a month for iracing

You could do I suppose, though they would be perfectly happy for you to pay the same as everyone else

Quote from Bmxtwins :oh wait i could buy 12 S2 licenses for 1 year of iracing...

Why would you pay £300 a year for iRacing?

Your a very generous guy obviously.. willing to pay so much more than the rest of us.

..and even if it were the price of 12 S2 licences per year (It's actually less then 3 , but don't let the facts get in the way of your fantasy) I'd rather have an iRacing sub and a netKar Pro license than 12 licenses for a dead sim.
Quote from The Moose : I'd rather have an iRacing sub and a netKar Pro license than 12 licenses for a dead sim.

Isn't there any iRacing or netKar Pro forum, where you can go ?
I've just payed 12 pounds for upcoming S3 license. I hope that money will be transferred to S3 very soon... I hope..
Quote from MadCatX :It is most certainly not, maybe you could call this state as a "coma", but that's just because everyone was looking forward to the new patch. When devs ran into some trouble, some people bored with the current stuff quit playing. But that is very likely to change once the patch is out, we can only hope it will be soon

I dont know about that one,

Apparently demo racers are getting their crack(s) from hamsters:

Quote :
Is it dying? Yup? Is that anything special? Not really. All games die without hardcore constant development and even games WITH hardcore constant development end up dying (did anyone in the 90s really believed that Everquest would die? Well it's dead now...).

Imagine how you would feel if you were one of only 3 people developing a sim for ungrateful community members that have no understanding for how hard your work was - and had to read that.

3 years later LFS would have 3 years more worth of code in it, and still alpha....

Have you any idea at all how hard it can be to keep track of your code in such a vast array of code files? So many lines. I myself, have had to deal with both. And here you would be trying to provide the BEST final product possible, even if it takes ages.

I would ban you =/

Quote :

HOWEVER, again, the devs have to realize that LFS needs to move forward if it wants to survive strong.

They know that better than anyone. But how much can 3 people do by themselves?
I'm still having fun on lfs everyday
Q: Is LFS Dying?
A: You think so? Go play rFactor then! Oh wait, that's dying too...
I don't play as much nowdays but that has to do with time limitations. Given the time, I would play a lot more. The tweaks and mods available are the only things making it better for me these days...

Seriously tho guys why do you feel the need to post billions of these negative threads?? How about a thread titled "Thanks Devs for all the hard work and keep it up!"????
This thread is closed

Is LFS Dying?
(289 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG