The online racing simulator
There are time limits to appeals, so if this decision was overturned by appeal then it wouldn't change past results.
I want to see another race in the near future finish under caution to see if they wave the green flags when the safety car pits. It would amount to the FIA admitting that they screwed up in Monaco.
Who cares, he deserves to be shafted dearly because of the fact he rammed Damon off, and tried to ram off Villeneuve, he deserves any harsh penalty that he gets.

Yes. I do live in the past.
Forget the safety car shite, MW and Daniel Ricciardo made it Australia Day

Yes maybe RBR had something minor to do with it ..
Quote from BlueFlame :Who cares, he deserves to be shafted dearly because of the fact he rammed Damon off, and tried to ram off Villeneuve, he deserves any harsh penalty that he gets.

Yes. I do live in the past.

So that's why he returns to F1....to repaid all his sins.
By their own admission:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8694284.stm

"FIA to reassess rule that penalised Michael Schumacher"

"... But the FIA has now admitted that it was possible to interpret it (the safety car rule) in a different way.

F1's sporting working group has now been charged with coming up with a clearer wording, which will be submitted to the FIA World Council, which rubber-stamps rules, at its next meeting on 23 June."

"Adjustments to the regulations are necessary to clarify the procedure that cars must meet when the last lap is controlled by the safety car whilst also ensuring that the signalling for teams and drivers is made more clear."

No mention of reconsidering Schumacher's penalty though.
cant overturn a drive thru penalty anyway
Wrong. The teams can't appeal it. But was this a drive thru penalty awarded as a time penalty? And what if the RULE that was breached was found to be wrong or even not obeyed by the officials (by showing green flags?)

I still say the FIA should overturn their decision else it's bringing the sport into disrepute, which they like to fine other people for.
#259 - AMB
Someone got merked, someone got hurt, to put it simple.
Well, it's obvious they can't overturn the penalty if there was no way by the rules to do it.

What should be done is a rule to allow appeals for canceling penalties.
Just to quote this from other thread

Quote from Shotglass :
you may recall that you wer acting so mindbogglingly stupid in the thread that most of the people reading it werent sure whether you were trolling or genuinely that daft

I see you start throwing insults as soon as someone tell you the thruth about yourself, you are pretentios-all knowing-i*iot, and i pitty you, really..

Just to clear things up, i wasn't 'trolling' here or wasn't able to grasp what people were talking. I know what fu*kin green flags mean ffs.. I was just saying that they were waved because of the new SC procedure, and it's new line at the start of the box. ALL teams seamed to realise it was the final lap, and that rule 40.13 was beeing active, so they instructed their drivers not to race till the finish, but i also understand Mercedes's atempt at scoring under those circumestances, cause their case is that green flags were waved and racing was good to go. I AGREE with that too, it does mean just that.. And as i see FIA will probably modify that rule now, so the greens are not waved when SC goes in on the final lap..
Quote from Boris Lozac :ALL teams seamed to realise it was the final lap, and that rule 40.13 was beeing active, so they instructed their drivers not to race till the finish.

exactly wrong. Stop making up 'facts' to support your position. All the teams gunned it for the finish line, including Alonso (which is why he slid wide, letting Schumacher through.) It's just that it's tough (almost impossible) to pass between the safety car line and the Start/Finish line without a mistake like Alonso made.

I know what Ferrari says, but they are full of shit imo. Alonso was clearly going for it.
I didn't said it's a fact, just that it seemed that they haven't paid that much attention to green flags, beeing the final lap and all.. obviously someone else would've tried something like Schumacher too, gotta watch the footage again..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I see you start throwing insults as soon as someone tell you the thruth about yourself, you are pretentios-all knowing-i*iot, and i pitty you, really

which one of the 2 of us has had his posts in that thread censored by the insult filter of the forum?
ill give you a hint since if got the feeling youll need it: it wasnt me
I censored it myself, i can't see how you can get offended by an incomplete word, while yours are loud and clear..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I censored it myself, i can't see how you can get offended by an incomplete word, while yours are loud and clear..

trust me kiddo youre not capable of offending me
claiming im the one handing out insults when your post quite evidently got censored by the forum is pretty silly though
Now you're capable of even knowing my age? Man you're awesome, you just know everything don't you..
you offer perfectly good condescension and this is what you get in return...
why do i even bother?
Just stay off from my posts in the future, and i'll do the same with you, there's no point in discussing with bitter all-knowing people like you..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I censored it myself, i can't see how you can get offended by an incomplete word, while yours are loud and clear..

Idiot is not a word worth censoring anyway, you will easily find that word all day on English speaking TV.
Some people admitt there wrong, some people will defend there wrong doing till the end no matter how bad its been proven otherwise.
Quote from Mustafur :Some people admitt there wrong, some people will defend there wrong doing till the end no matter how bad its been proven otherwise.

If you meant me, believe me, i always admit if i'm proven wrong.. you would know that if you knew me in RL..

I really don't know what i said wrong in this discussion, i was only telling the reason why green flags were waved, and then i was attacked with "well green flags mean racing!!11!", really, no kidding, i didn't know that.. :rolleyes: They just didn't combined the new SC rules with the 40.13 rule... that's it..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I really don't know what i said wrong in this discussion, i was only telling the reason why green flags were waved, and then i was attacked with "well green flags mean racing!!11!", really, no kidding, i didn't know that.. :rolleyes: They just didn't combined the new SC rules with the 40.13 rule... that's it..

No, you really weren't. 40.13 doesn't say anything about green flags. There is a rule that mentions green flags though. It's rule 40.11. The one that says overtaking after the SC line is OK. Yeah, that's right...you're trying to prove yourself right but you're still ignoring the facts. You're standing up resolutely against people who have evidence and reasoning on their side and you're defending yourself. Even though you don't understand our points. Even though you don't understand the rules. On top of that you're trying to say that our understanding of the rules is poor. It would be funny if you didn't think you were in the right.

Admit you're wrong and move on.
Yes, it's ok to overtake once SC steps in the pits and green flags are waved, i never said anything different.. i'm just saying that it was ALSO the last lap, and once SC controlled the last lap in some point, which it did, all the way till the box, then you could obey 40.13, or not, Mercedes did not, because they saw green flags, and they are right too..
#275 - col
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, it's ok to overtake once SC steps in the pits and green flags are waved, i never said anything different.. I'm just saying that it was ALSO the last lap, and once SC controlled the last lap in some point, which it did, all the way till the box, then you could obey 40.13, or not, Mercedes did not, because they saw green flags, and they are right too..

doh...

Once again... READ THE RULES.
*There is NOTHING in the rules that supports what you are saying.
*The rules are coherent - there are no contradictions
*The stewards got it wrong
*You got it wrong
*You are making yourself look like a fool
*simples

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG