The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :@ amp

But obviously 40.13 also comes into effect

40.13 only comes into effect if the safety car is "deployed" at the END of the race. The SC wasn't "deployed" at the END of the race because it was announced to be coming in, the track was announced clear and green flags/lights were shown. THIS is the important point. 40.13 only comes into effect if the SC is DEPLOYED at the end of the race, which it WASN'T. Do you accept that?
But then SC would have to be IN FRONT of the Webber in order to race END under the safety car, right? But that is not possible because SC can not finish the race anymore..

I'm really not trying to be annyoing or anything
Quote from Boris Lozac :But then SC would have to be IN FRONT of the Webber in order to race END under the safety car, right? But that is not possible because SC can not finish the race anymore..

No, it wouldn't. See this post.
Quote from Boris Lozac :There's no need to give that sarcastic talk to me, i'm putting smiley faces, i'm not playing mr. smarta** here, meaning this is a friendly discussion and i would just like to get to the bottom of this issue and to know if the punishment was deserved, i do not say i know best, i just say what i understand of this and i'm having hard time putting that into sentences since this is not my native language. You clearly have some beef on me, don't know why but whatever..

i dont have a beef with you (maybe you shouldnt use colloquialisms if youre not good at picking the right prepositions) but youve shown an amazing inability to grasp the most simple of rule interpretations for the last 3 pages and this isnt the first time youve been infuriatingly thick either

Quote from Boris Lozac :but because this is 2010, and there is this new SC line, they DID waved the green flags, but since it was the final lap, and 40.13 came into action, that did not mean that the racing could continue

then try to find that magical rule under which a green flag suddenly changes its implied meaning if its the last lap

Quote from Boris Lozac :But then SC would have to be IN FRONT of the Webber in order to race END under the safety car, right? But that is not possible because SC can not finish the race anymore..

I'm really not trying to be annyoing or anything

so according to your (false) logic drivers are still allowed to overtake and drive whichever way the seem fit under a full course yellow with sc signs shown by the stewards as long as the safety car hasnt left the pitlane and been caught up by the leader yet?
Quote from amp88 :No, it wouldn't. See this post.

I did, but don't quite understand what you meant by that..

Quote from Shotglass :
so according to your (false) logic drivers are still allowed to overtake and drive whichever way the seem fit under a full course yellow with sc signs shown by the stewards as long as the safety car hasnt left the pitlane and been caught up by the leader yet?

No, where did i say that..

I'm just trying to say that the reason for green flags beeing waved is because that is the procedure when SC goes in and crosses it's line, but since the safety car WAS in the final lap from the start all the way to the end, then by my understandings that is enough for 40.13 to come into effect.
All the confusion is caused by waving green flags, which would not be waved on that part of the track prior to this year, because there was no SC line.
Rule says what is the procedure for the final lap, there is no "what if" there and that is their fault, and the rules also clearly say what is the procedure when SC goes in - waving green flags... and they did all that by the book.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I did, but don't quite understand what you meant by that..

That's not my problem. I've tried as much as I can to explain to you but you're obviously just missing the point. I've beaten my head against the wall enough already, so I'm giving up.
Quote from amp88 :That's not my problem. I've tried as much as I can to explain to you but you're obviously just missing the point. I've beaten my head against the wall enough already, so I'm giving up.

Sorry that was not my intention, really..
IMO, its just weird to show green flags (bright lights^^) As a race driver you're released, seeing green. Clearly a misinterpretation of a stupid rule of bringing the safety car in, just to not have it on the finish line. I mean, who cares about the safety car in the picture. It's how the race ended and it deserves to be captured for eternity

And the punishment is ridiculous. Bad luck for Schumacher that Damon Hill was the driver representative
Quote from JazzOn :IMO, its just weird to show green flags (bright lights^^) As a race driver you're released, seeing green. Clearly a misinterpretation of a stupid rule of bringing the safety car in, just to not have it on the finish line. I mean, who cares about the safety car in the picture. It's how the race ended and it deserves to be captured for eternity

Well that's what i'm trying to say, it wouldn't be wierd if it was any other lap other then the final. The rule should be tweaked that if that happens in last lap, yellows and SC boards remain, or they should cancel that rule all together and allow them to race those cuople of houndred meters till the end.
While it's cute to watch you all argue rules and regulations, please bear in mind that this is F1, Red Bull are looking likely to run away with the championship, Ferrari are closest to them and Alonso is their #1 driver. These points have more to with Schumacher's penalty than some piffling bloody rule in some rulebook somewhere.
Can't find another link at the moment (only see it on a Dail Mail link and refuse out of principle to link anything to that site....it may cause you cancer after all) but i see Hill has been recieveing some hate mail from angry Schumacher fans....

....own up now, who did that?
Quote from Boris Lozac :No, where did i say that..

right there
Quote from Boris Lozac :But then SC would have to be IN FRONT of the Webber in order to race END under the safety car, right?

strongly implying that in your mind the sc is only in effect when its right in front of the leader which im afriad is utter rubbish
sc is first and foremost a state of full course yellow the fact that they put a pace car in there to bunch up the field has little to do with the much more fundamental state the race is in during that time
Well, it is in effect when it's in front, and until he crosses SC line in the pits..

People are saying, how can that rule 40.13 apply when the race did not finished under the safety car, and i'm saying that it did, it's just that he got out of the way cause he can't finish the race crossing the line anymore.
So.. if it was 2009, he would go in, flags WOULD remain yellow cause there was no SC line and SC period remained till the first car crosses the start/finish line.
Who cares about Schumi and Alonso , Webber won twice in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from richo :Who cares about Schumi and Alonso , Webber won twice in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Theres more people arguing about F1 than discussing and taking bout technical/positive notes.

Id donate $100 to LFS as a bet that the next f1 race thread would end up in some sort of arguement or disagreement rather than technical/positive discussion.
Quote from richo :Who cares about Schumi and Alonso , Webber won twice in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say that only because he's Australian.
Quote from Boris Lozac :But there's an addition to that rule from THIS year, meaning the Safety Car pulls in on the finish of the final lap, it looks much better for F1 cars to be the first one to cross the line then the safety car, but EVERYTHING remains the same as if the safety car crossed it..

I'm still on page 3 (50 posts per page), so this reply is a bit out date probably, but the rule has not changed for this year. Previous years (since 2004) had the rule that the SC comes in for the finish.

But the yellows and SC boards are still shown. They weren't in Monaco. Therefore the race had restarted and Schumi's pass was legal given the situation the officials created.

Had the SC boards stayed out (which they didn't) then the pass would have been illegal.

Now to read the more recent posts and see how irrelevant this reply is. I fully expect Boris to have realised his error on the next page
No your wrong , i say that because he is an Australian and winning

Did i mention he has won twice in a week?

And before all you "experts" retort, please for the love of God let us bask in the glory of the last week (that would be the week MW won twice btw)
Quote from richo :No your wrong , i say that because he is an Australian and winning

Did i mention he has won twice in a week?

"Best car wins 2 races in the first ever 8 day week!"
Quote from richo :Did i mention he has won twice in a week?

I don't think you mentioned before.

To be fair This it is a bit extrodinary how bad hes dominating Vettel lately.
It is! Considering that Webber isn't as good as Vettel it is very surprising. But a few races ahead do not a season make - remember Schumi's teammates sometimes outqualified and outraced him (even prior to retirement).
Quote from amp88 :"Best car wins 2 races in the first ever 8 day week!"

Bloody experts and there fancy maths!
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm still on page 3 (50 posts per page), so this reply is a bit out date probably, but the rule has not changed for this year. Previous years (since 2004) had the rule that the SC comes in for the finish.

Yes, SC coming in in the final lap, isn't from this year, from this year there's a SC Line on the pit entrance, that's what people seem to miss here.. In previous years, green flags are not waved straight away when SC goes in, but when first car passes the finish line, in this case Webber, and then the racing is allowed etc.. But this year, since there's that line, green flags are waved then, and everyone thinks that means the racing is now allowed... well it would mean, if it wasn't the final lap, because since it's the final lap, cars have to finish the race AS IF the SC hasn't went into the pits.
No, that was in error. The green flags shouldn't have been shown, the track shouldn't have been been called "clear", and the teams shouldn't have been told the safety car was coming "in".

By the letter of the rules the SC boards and yellow flags should remain shown, the track is not "clear" and the safety car doesn't come "in" (although it does come into the pitlane).

The flag rules have not changed for 2010, and neither has the terminology. "Safety car in this lap", "Track clear" and green flags all mean racing continues, last lap or not. The last lap bit just means that the officials don't call the above on the last lap, but they did - in error.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG