The online racing simulator
Things I miss in the game
(34 posts, started )
Hi all,

There are a few little things I miss in the game lfs:

Suggestion 1: Add the ability to set the windscreen wipers switch on.

Suggestion 2: When you turn the lights on, you hold the button to let them work. It would be nice that you can put them on or off by pressing a button.

Suggestion 3:
It would also be nice that the rear lights also have the ability to light up.

Suggestion 4:
If your engine in neutral gear 10 minutes running full throttle, the engine is not blown. In a real car that it happened.

If there is, LFS is perfect!

Regards,
Bas
1: Not really necessary when there is no rain ..
2: Press "3"
3: Once again, Press "3" and both front and rear lights will lit up!
4: Lots of talking about that and that would probably be needing alot of time to make but yeah, I'm on you on that one but first, MORE CONTENT!
Ok, but the suggestion for the windscreen wipers is more for fun. The wipers make a realy good race feel.
These are just a few ideas
I'd use my windscreen wipers to say 'hi' to other players or use it as a secret code for my team mates when I'm about to perform a PIT maneuvre on someone.
Quote from bas.peters :Ok, but the suggestion for the windscreen wipers is more for fun. The wipers make a realy good race feel.
These are just a few ideas

Everything except the blow engine thing is what i like here. It would add some real stuff into the game. Long term races and engine kinda gets worn out in some ways during the race
To be accurate there is also no windshield, at least from the inside of the car. Ever notice that there are is no glass distortion or cracked glass when you total a car.

Add to the fact that there is no rain, windshield wipers would be rather pointless.
what I really miss in this game is REV LIMITER of course there are programs ,but they are not perfect...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'd use my windscreen wipers to say 'hi' to other players or use it as a secret code for my team mates when I'm about to perform a PIT maneuvre on someone.

Now you know that PIT is unacceptable behavior! :chair:
Quote from DK3X7MJ :what I really miss in this game is REV LIMITER of course there are programs ,but they are not perfect...

We have a rev limiter. It just doesn't go NING NING NING like a pikey on a scooter
If we didn't have a rev limiter we'd still be hitting 9000 RPMs in the XRT, I miss that.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :We have a rev limiter. It just doesn't go NING NING NING like a pikey on a scooter

Right I was talking about that ning ning
Quote from DK3X7MJ :what I really miss in this game is REV LIMITER of course there are programs ,but they are not perfect...

Agree!
Quote from bas.peters :[...]

I'm puzzled by your suggestion... You want one pretty pointless feature that really adds no value, two that are already in the game, and one good - the engine overheating in point 4 brought forward with a really bad example... Please tell me how it would enrich your experience if you could wipe your always dry, always clean and completely transparent windscreen? Do you feel that it needs to be prioritized over better physics, better damage, better aerodynamics, weather (which is the only thing that would validate your first suggestion) and/or many other smaller shortcomings LfS is plagued by for quite some time? Lastly, how would LfS be perfect without aforementioned improvements?
Quote from bas.peters :Hi all,

There are a few little things I miss in the game lfs:

Suggestion 1: Add the ability to set the windscreen wipers switch on.

Suggestion 2: When you turn the lights on, you hold the button to let them work. It would be nice that you can put them on or off by pressing a button.

Suggestion 3:

Suggestion 4:
If your engine in neutral gear 10 minutes running full throttle, the engine is not blown. In a real car that it happened.

If there is, LFS is perfect!

Regards,
Bas

That's just pointless sh*t. Every single suggestion. 110% useless.

what are you, a cruiser?
the only think i would like the change about the new light function.. "3"

when u turn ur lights on u cant flash ur lights any more.. to flash the lights u have to turn them off first..

should be really easy to do i think..

just make the "flash function" reverse when "3" is pressed, so u turn the headlights off when pressing the button..
Quote from bas.peters :Suggestion 1: Add the ability to set the windscreen wipers switch on.

Suggestion 3:

Suggestion 4:

Yes, i also hate that invisible rain on LFS.
2, if you press G i think, and you hold it, your lights go on untill you release it. press 3 to put on the lights continuesly.

3, the rear lights have the ability.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'd use my windscreen wipers to say 'hi' to other players or use it as a secret code for my team mates when I'm about to perform a PIT maneuvre on someone.

i think that when your in a race where pit manouvres are allowed, people dont look in there rearview mirror to see if your gonna pit someone
1. Saveable Forcefeedback setting for each Car
2. Saveable Starupgrid (AI) with own setup for every car
3. Possibility to DRIVE the replays of Races we make.
( http://www.real-timeracing.com/ ) (maybee in ghostcar or other method)
4. Only Wheel Server/ Only Mouse Server/ Only Keyboard Server / Only Wheel & Clutch & H Shifter servers forced.
5. More AI in Lan modus
6. Curved Midle mirror
7. Safety Car (playable)
8. Spectator can WALK around the Tribunes and Pits (maybe invisible)
9. More Racelines for AI (they drive all the same Style)
10. next patch and the next 10 wish .
Quote from Xenix74 :1. Saveable Forcefeedback setting for each Car
2. Saveable Starupgrid (AI) with own setup for every car
3. Possibility to DRIVE the replays of Races we make.
( http://www.real-timeracing.com/ ) (maybee in ghostcar or other method)
4. Only Wheel Server/ Only Mouse Server/ Only Keyboard Server / Only Wheel & Clutch & H Shifter servers forced.
5. More AI in Lan modus
6. Curved Midle mirror
7. Safety Car (playable)
8. Spectator can WALK around the Tribunes and Pits (maybe invisible)
9. More Racelines for AI (they drive all the same Style)
10. next patch and the next 10 wish .

1. You can do this in data/script/CAR.lfs by /ff number, I think.
2. I don't know if it works like you expected, but you can save it by pressing Save button in the game lobby screen.
3. There is a Test drive button in spr replays.
8. What is the purpose?
:biggun:
Quote from bbman :I'm puzzled by your suggestion... You want one pretty pointless feature that really adds no value, two that are already in the game, and one good - the engine overheating in point 4 brought forward with a really bad example... Please tell me how it would enrich your experience if you could wipe your always dry, always clean and completely transparent windscreen? Do you feel that it needs to be prioritized over better physics, better damage, better aerodynamics, weather (which is the only thing that would validate your first suggestion) and/or many other smaller shortcomings LfS is plagued by for quite some time? Lastly, how would LfS be perfect without aforementioned improvements?

I disagree. Sometimes small eye candy makes a hell lot of difference. Why? It gives more control to the driver and thus a higher degree of presence in the simulation. That's what I think. I may get flamed for saying this; (rethink :shrug I WILL get flamed for saying this, but hey... how long have we been waiting for Scirocco, and new physics? A long long time. If it is going to take that long, then we might as well get some newer small improvements; the multi monitor stuff was good; update update update... here you go! That will at least give some of us (me) the feeling that LFS is moving forward, and not at a stand still. To tell you the truth, I truly doubt that the newer updates will come in the coming year... And no, don't tell me to play rFactor or iRacing if I don't appreciate the game or the developers because I spent money on S2, and can't afford to buy those other games. I love LFS... it is just that S2 has been out for a few years now, and not much has been moving on, like the first few years it came out or what I observed when I first noticed LFS (Y, and Z).
Quote from bas.peters :Suggestion 4:

Actually, it wouldn't.
Just one of those myths.
That's why they invented rev limiters.
Quote from GenesisX :I disagree. Sometimes small eye candy makes a hell lot of difference. Why? It gives more control to the driver and thus a higher degree of presence in the simulation. That's what I think. I may get flamed for saying this; (rethink :shrug I WILL get flamed for saying this, but hey... how long have we been waiting for Scirocco, and new physics? A long long time. If it is going to take that long, then we might as well get some newer small improvements; the multi monitor stuff was good; update update update... here you go! That will at least give some of us (me) the feeling that LFS is moving forward, and not at a stand still. To tell you the truth, I truly doubt that the newer updates will come in the coming year... And no, don't tell me to play rFactor or iRacing if I don't appreciate the game or the developers because I spent money on S2, and can't afford to buy those other games. I love LFS... it is just that S2 has been out for a few years now, and not much has been moving on, like the first few years it came out or what I observed when I first noticed LFS (Y, and Z).

So you want an utterly pointless addition to the game just so your (misinformed) perception of how LfS should be developed is satisfied? I'm sorry, we all know the update is taking its sweet time, but I'd still rather have the devs spend that time with meaningful improvements... If we get weather I'll be the first among the people suggesting windscreen wipers (if by whatever brainfart they're not already included in that patch), but until then it's completely pointless and it would only be the opposite of moving along...
On his opinion about the windscreen wipers working I kinda like that.

Think of it like this:

Scawen codes a nice thing that you get dirt on your windscreen during the race, then you turn on the wipers to clean the dirt away.
@Flame CZE thx for tip about the Force feedback

2. but no its not possible to save the startup grid with Setup for each car.
When you load it again it takes only default setup or Player setup.

3. I Know i can Play Singleplayer Replays but i will race the MPR again.
-Real time race- let you race in real time with real drivers on real Tracks.
They use Gps signal from Realcar and imported to your virtual Track on PC.
It must be possible to make the same think with Mutiplayer Replays or Realtime Races.
(or we made the same stuff, with Rockingham and the less Realcars we have)

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG